Home Community Man City Burnley at Home

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Adlab 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Big Jim
    Participant
    182 pts

Have to say I don’t think I can recall looking forward to a mid season game so much. Its a privilege to watch our team at the moment. It’s also fair to say I had doubts last season about Peps style of play and a number of other issues mainly transfer related. Sure it’s still early days this season but the reality is when we are playing so well it’s very hard to find any negatives at the present. It doesn’t matter who he selects he appears to have got every player playing to his full potential. That said now watch us lose to Dyche’s Burnley. ?

#6366 Score: 0
    goatistuta
    goatistuta
    Participant
    31 pts

Didn’t they beat us at home last year? Think we will rip them a new one though on Saturday. Or was that West Ham

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by goatistuta goatistuta.
    #6374 Score: 1

Adlab
    Participant
    161 pts

The difference this year is primarily a goalkeeper who makes a save and some pace at fullback. This gives confidence to the rest of the team, in particular Stones and Otemendi.

Tomorrow will be a tough game. Burnley have a good away record.

#6375 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Participant
    182 pts

Alan, can I ask are you still going through the mill emotionally every game these days?

#6400 Score: 1

Adlab
    Participant
    161 pts

Jim, If you mean me.? As bad as ever!

#6402 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Participant
    182 pts

Sorry Adlab bloody autocorrect. Surely you must be a bit more relaxed these days. Aside from the pathalogical need to pass out from the back right through opposition players I am.

#6403 Score: 0

Brian blue
    Participant
    132 pts

Watched the TV show Thursday with the two Burnley players From there comments they will try and rough us up….they need to remember we have a few who can also rough up, first they have to catch us. I think this game is heading for red cards

#6408 Score: 1
    goatistuta
    goatistuta
    Participant
    31 pts

I can’t see any other way of Burnley getting anything but a slapping unless they resort to the pushing kicking shoving, in yr face confrontations. Their manager knows 1 on 1 they stand zero chance so reduce our count on the field try to get us angry and for us to react. A kick here a bad challenge there, I do hope Pep knows what’s coming and has them on auto no reaction and go down if booted. I can see a 4-0 here, maybe more if we get into our swing early in the first half.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by goatistuta goatistuta.
    #6411 Score: 0

Brian blue
    Participant
    132 pts

I hope you are right Goat, I just fear heavy challenges and confrontations to disrupt our game PLUS the risk of injuries. Early goals would take the pressure off and Burnley having to change tactics because they will come with one game plan DISRUPT, cannot blame them, all in the game but we must rise above it. Ina way I see this game being one of the toughest the team will encounter until we get on top…EARLY please, clean sheet as well. I still see red cards

#6412 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Participant
    182 pts

Weather might even things up a little?

#6416 Score: 0

Adlab
    Participant
    161 pts

Pep should be aware the way Burnley are likely to play. They know they are unlikely to outfootball us unless they catch us on a bad day. Their tactics are likely to be try and slow the game down and disrupt the flow, discipline in defence, share the fouls out to avoid yellow cards and get as many set pieces ax possible trying to muscle the ball in.
    It may work but less chance if we score early.

Also we need to be patient if we dont score early..

Cant go today so extra nerves Jim!

#6419 Score: 0

Adlab
    Participant
    161 pts

Surprisingly only two changes!

#6420 Score: 0
    paul powers tash
    paul powers tash
    Participant
    85 pts

Here’s the team

Ederson; Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph;
    Fernandinho, Bernardo, Silva (C), De Bruyne,
    Sane; Aguero

Subs

Bravo, Danilo, Sterling, Gundogan, Mangala, Jesus, Toure.

#6434 Score: 0

Adlab
    Participant
    161 pts

Cant relax at all here! We look a little shakey in defence. V harsh pen! Who cares. One more for Aguero to be all time top scorer. Lets hope its today.

#6437 Score: 0

Adlab
    Participant
    161 pts

Great result……for Huddersfield!!
    Another 3 goals. Our goal difference is worth a point. Come on City keep it going. Another clean sheet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.