Home Community Non-Football Books.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    maverick1973
    Participant

What has everyone been reading? Myself loving Dan Brown,yes the movies are good,but his books are absolutely addictive.Almost got my hands attached to his books,great reading.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

“Daniel and George’s Double Treasure Hunt Trouble”… the first in a series of some time travelling twins… very amusing and could very well be the next Harry Potter series… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Never actually read the “Dragontits” series but if you like that particular genre, I would also recommend anything by Joe Abercrombie (Before They Were Hanged etc… do read them in order though!), the “Gentlemen Bastards” series by Scott Lynch (really, really good, think Robin Hood meets Dragontits… but with less actual dragons).

If you like more Sci-Fi, try the Iain M. Bainks “Culture Series”, easily the best Sci-Fi books in the last 30 years.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Just about to start on Sam Bourne,my other half loves Dean Koontz,cant stop talking about his books.There are just not enough hours in a day and days in a week!

ps;You still writing yours Banjo?
            Ed-Did you start writing a book too?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            whoisbeni
            Participant

I read a few Dean Koontz books but his obsession with supernatural beings didn’t sit too well with a bit of an atheist like me – found it all a bit fanciful in the end. Cant remember which one it was that actually had a god like character in it that appeared right at the end. but a similar theme in many.

The John Grisham ones became formulaic for me.

I’m enjoying a series of books by Conn Igglesdun at the moment – novels written based upon the childhood of Genghis Khan. Very entertaining and good stories.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by whoisbeni.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Banjo texted me and mentioned he’s finished the next two Daniel and George books (“Cowboy Chaos” & Mummy Mayhem”), as well as kicking around something called “The Camlock Wars featuring Agent Spanker-Jones”, which is apparently James Bond meets Steampunk (WTF?), another kiddies book called “Beefoven & Angelcake”, something about Gnomes declaring war on a new bypass going through their garden, then something set in futuristic London involving Vampires and Zombies called “25” (Why it’s named after the motorway I have no frigging idea!), something about a fake reality TV show called “Noiseburger: House from Hell” and finally something called “Candleman’s Club” which sounds really pervy to be honest, something about Hannibal Lector showing up in “50 Shades of Gray” although thnakfully there’s no fooking sparkly vampires… or something…

I think Banjo’s “smokes” too much…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Banjo also mentioned he was very upset with Steady Eddy telling Gooseman… he thought that was their secret or something…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  D1rtyH4rry
                  Participant

For any fans of fantasy books. Steven Eriksons Malazan book of the fallen series is awesome. It rivals a song of ice and fire. The books are long though so it is a big commitment.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Good to see you on here Harry.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Tell Banjo it was in the open from another site.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

That idiot Banjo, forgot about footyplace, to busy trying to work out how to incorporate the new secret industrial development of hydraulic power into his steampunk/James Bond novel… what a numpty he is!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Hi Maverick, the best Sam Bourne I’ve read was ” The Righteous Men ” think I’ve read all his books and they never fail to deliver,enjoy mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            srd79
                            Participant

I’ve read Conn Iggulden’s series about Ghenghis Khan and also about Julius Caesar. Absolutely brillant.
                              I can also recommend Bernard Cornwell’s Saxo stories and his three books series about King Arthur.

Normally that’s the kind of stuff I go for. Historical fiction.

Right now I’m reading something completely different: Karl Pilkington’s “The Moaning of Life”. It’s hilarious!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by srd79.
                              • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by srd79.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Hi the bricklayersA-Yes mate,only just started on it and already seems very tantalising and addictive! Should have taken a break from reading after reading Dan Brown,what amazing books.Cannot believe any of SM books have not been made into movies yet!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

srd79-Arent you always busy munching bacon and drinking beer?Lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  srd79
                                  Participant

Mav, yep. And those two things Are the perfect companion to both books and football, mate 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Aussie sausage-smuggler-Been planning to start my own book of short poems and stories.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

srd79-You forgot women mate,them sexy,blonde,long-legged,scandinavian-sexy danske kvinder.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        srd79
                                        Participant

Redblood! How are you, mate?? 😀

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

srd79-Plodding along my friend from Denmark,thank you.Hows things with you?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 95 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.