Home Community General Football Big Ears Cup: Week 5

This topic contains 51 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Brian blue 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

So now it’s a bit squeaky bum time for certain teams throughout Europe.

Spuds and Pool tonight, with Spuds needing the win to clinch top spot in the group and Pool potentially clinching qualification if they win and the other result goes their way. But I doubt 2 wins are on the horizon…

Personally, just hoping my boys put on a bit of a better showing than they have over the last few weeks. Other than (rather ironically) the game against Pool and Real, they’ve been a bit below average this month…. although at the start of the season I always thought November would be a bit of a banana skin the moment I saw the fixture list. Having said that, qualifying for the knock-out and 4th in the table right now, would have taken it if offered!

#7742 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    700 pts

Best of luck to Spurs and Liverpool tonight and United and City tomorrow night. Those 4 clubs look odds on to qualify for the Round of 16 with all of them favourites to top their Groups.

Chelsea look like they may have handed the iniative to Roma in terms of topping the Group and need a win at Qarabag to ensure qualification otherwise they would have a very tricky home tie v Atletico with at least a draw needed to ensure qualification.

Sky Bet Champions League Winner Odds as at 21/11.

PSG
    7/2
    Manchester City
    9/2
    Real Madrid
    5/1
    Barcelona
    6/1
    Bayern Munich
    8/1
    Manchester Utd
    12/1
    Tottenham
    14/1
    Juventus
    18/1
    Chelsea
    22/1
    Liverpool
    22/1

#7746 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

Don’t start the odds nonsense on this thread…. please? 🙂

#7751 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

City play tonight also

#7752 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    430 pts

Spurs can beat the off-form Dortmund if they play to their potential,Liverpool should @ least get a draw away @ Sevilla and therefore qualify!.City to smash Feyenoord easy!

#7755 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

Sorry Big J, genuinely thought your mob was playing tomorrow! Haven’t you lot already sown up 1st place and all that or is there anything to “play-for” so to speak?

#7772 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    700 pts

Jim, my mistake mate apologies.

City 2nd favourites and rightly so imo.

Keep Kompany fit and get Stones and Mendy back and if the draws are kind and you get some breaks it could be on.

Sounds like Foden might start tonight?

All the best to all the PL teams playing tonight and tomorrow night. Cheers 999

#7781 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    430 pts

United and Spurs ahead of Juve? Very strange!

#7782 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

No worries fellas. We don’t have first sown up yet but if we win tonight and shakhta lose we will have. Doubt Kompany will stay fit till Christmas! but we can hope nine.

#7783 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

Foden and Diaz on the bench. Yaya starts, D Silva Kompany rested. But it’s a really strong side.

#7784 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    700 pts

Hope Foden gets on and gets some decent minutes. Massive potential.

#7785 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    252 pts

Not sure about Liverpool’s team.looks a bit to attacking for an away cl game. Worry is the centre backs as usual.

Two very tough games coming up for us. Be a good indication of were we are at

#7787 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

No real surprises in the Spud line-up, half expecting Harry to start on the bench as many have said he wasn’t looking 100% against the Goonies last weekend… maybe that hamstring is still bothering him a bit… why do I have a feeling that is going to come back and bite Poncho in the Harris…

#7788 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

The teams are walking out… good luck gents… even the Goonies… oh wait… 🙂

#7789 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

Great start by Pool….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.