Home Community General Football Amazon to rival Sky and BT for PL rights

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

http://www.techradar.com/news/amazon-primed-for-premier-league-football-streams-as-rights-go-up-for-grabs

Their prime service is not too bad, but guarantee they will bump up the price if they win rights to stream PL games. I hate streaming, I have family all over the world and they have given me login details to their football streaming service which show every PL game that is going, it is never consistent and if you believe our pundits are bad, the ones in America, Australia, France and Singapore are a lot worse. I also had to sign up to numerous email accounts just to create a Apple account for that region. Pain in the Arsenal to set. But who am I to complain, I get to watch games for nothing, even 3 o clock kick offs. ?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I love my channel here in Finland, get every single game on a proper TV, all the live games, including a 3 o’clock, they play all the others staggered in between the live games over the weekend… not that I watch every single one, but I could if I wanted too, on a nice big flat screen!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Worrying development imo too many providers make it difficult for fans to cope with and as cm rightly says streaming services can be very hit and miss.

Look at the ridiculously low audiences BT Sport got last season for the Champions League games.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

I once made a thread about this and it just blew out on me as it was a lengthy one I didn’t bother retyping, but on the subject of Sky and their revamp of channels, I don’t see that much of a difference other than a slight drop in their price.

The obvious obstacle is that you have to subscribe to BT anyway if you want to follow your own team and don’t want to miss a game.

Many out there have found alternative ways these days. I think mine is a couple of minutes behind but works a treat. Plus I enjoy the company of other Broadcasting Networks and don’t have to bother with the likes of Carragher and Neville.

Until there’s something legit that combines both Sky and BT, people will continue to find alternative means and I know the Amazon Firesticks are a very popular seller.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

You’re right Nil I beat Sky up pre season with the objective of reducing my payments to them to pay for BT Sport and they reduced all my costs and upgraded us to Q boxes and I’ve got BT Sport through my Sky Q box now funded by the reductions from Sky.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Good business Nine. We’re on a minimum term at home but I will make enquiries about a new box.

I’m sure they put football on, on the main event channel and SS1 simultaneously. Maybe I’m wrong.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

Companies that avoid paying UK corporation tax should be excluded ! These barstards just fleece the consumers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

I have sky. I don’t have bt. I pay 35 euro every 6 months for sports mania. Never one issue with streams. I’m canceling sky at end of month.its 40 euro a month. Robbing fecks

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

The main problem as you say is platform sharing or not as the case may be. It just encourages people to stream the footy from the web. No matter how hard the providers try you can always find a stream somewhere, the only way they can stop the end users doing this is taking their service away, which of course they can’t do as that’s their revenue stream.

It could lead to less TV money, which would be catastrophic for the PL.

Incidentally I had a good chat with Virgin, they up graded me to 3 V6 boxes and 1 TiVo in the house, and they also cut the monthly bill by almost Β£25, which was nice

…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.