Home Community General Football Adrien Silva

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

second attempt at posting this – hopefully will work this time.

So Leicester’s appeal to Fifa to register Adrien Silva has been rejected. They missed the deadline by 14 seconds and Fifa have come in for much criticism with some people saying they are being pathetic. Personally i say good on them. The amount time they missed the deadline by is irrelevant. The important thing is, they missed the deadline. They had 2 months to secure his registration and i have no sympathy whatsoever. They allowed Drinkwater to leave at the last minute thinking they had their replacement but they hadnt completed the paperwork. They have caused their own problems.

what do others think? are fifa being too harsh? are leicester right to appeal further?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Nope, rules are rules, and when you start “tweaking” them or giving certain people/teams/whatever room to maneuver then chaos tends to happen. Same as Maureen sticking his toes over the white line, first it’s 6 inches, then it’s 12, then it’s Romulu Lakakaakkssusukkkoo… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

14 secs sounds pathetic but as Paxton rightly says Leicester had two months to finalise their transfer business it’s ridiculous that so much transfer business falls to the last day, hours and minutes of the window. I was highly critical of Chelsea re this on the Chelsea site. Poor poor management imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Couldn’t agree more Paxton. It’s about setting a precedent. They had plenty of time, as you say, to get the deal done and, whilst I understand their frustration, they will have to learn from it and move on.

P.S Sorry to hear you’ve had to post it twice. What was the problem? Did it just not register the post first time round?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

cheers for the responses guys. so far, for once, it seems everyone is in favour of Fifa’s decision.

Ed – i did it on my phone, pressed submit and then it just went to the main page without the thread.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Paxo… to be honest, don’t see how there could be an issue, as people have said, the rules are the rules and it’s not as though Foxy Lady’s didn’t know them in advance.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.