Home Community Non-Football 2019 World Athletics Championships

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

So Dina Asher-Smith became the only UK female to ever reach the World Athletics Championships 100m final in that well know venue, Doha, Qatar .Not satisfied with that she ran the race of her life to win the Silver Medal ………… in front of 2000 people.
      When are sports governing bodies going to do something about the persistent bungs it’s senior officials are taking, Who the f… decided to award these Championships to Qatar , average September temperature 39c or 102f .It comes as no surprise that 50% of entrants in the ladies marathon, run at midnight so the temperature was “legal” dropped out due to the heat, the athletes who finished complained of not being able to breathe.
      I feel gutted for Dina Asher-Smith this was her time and she produced, sadly her lap of honour was ran past empty stands, bodes well for the World Cup being held in “The Winter” in November with temps averaging 30c or 86f .
      Once again “The Bung” has governed where a World Championship event is held and once again the competitors are the losers.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Blaze
      Blocked

I find the athletics good viewing maybe it’s because there s a different contest every few minutes.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        threeps
        Participant

I used to love the big athletic meetings, probably as I was once a very poor mans Linford Christie many years ago for my local club, but I’ve not watched any of this. I’m only interested in the Brits but living overseas obviously the tv companies dont share that idea!

Agree totally about the bungs. Sounds like a terrible decision swayed by the thickness of a brown envelope. Same with football, same with governments, same with anything where there is money and/or power, corruption will follow.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

I cannot see how they are going to fill the stadiums for football on this evidence, after all these are world champions competing.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Threeps , I fancy that brown envelope was a thick one, same as the one for the World Cup. I understand that the athletics governing body want to spread the word but seriously Qatar??????? There are enough countries with a more temperate climate than Doha who could have staged these championships but I gather they have very deep pockets and shorter arms.
              Brian I fully agree, Qatar is not geared for a traditional WC, I have heard they may relax the current alcohol laws during the tournament, on top of that they might have to rethink hotel and restaurant prices as they are out of reach for the normal fan.
              If the governing bodies are looking for future hosts of major sports events at least choose a country that at the very least has an interest in that sport, Qatar doesn’t give a toss about Athletics it seems.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              The Oracle
              Participant

Agree with all of the above, it appears there are more Sepp Blaters out there. Corruption is rife.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.