Home Community Man City 1 to 1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

Nothing to do with Kompany’s let off but I am just questioning the logic of the 1 to 1 rule. It assumes that IF the striker was free, he would actually score, the goalkeepers union may dispute this but then again the 1 to 1 could be with the keeper himself…that would be a different scenario and probably a Red. However, 1 to 1 signfies it is 50/50 for me and with some keepers they would not be fazed, equally some forwards would relish it but here is the point, there is no guarantee the event will provide a goal. Just something to dicuss

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Doesn’t the real state something along the lines of “denying a goal-scoring opportunity?” or something close to that? It doesn’t matter to me if it’s the goalie or an outfield player who has your knee-caps, the rules say if a goal-scoring chance is denied by a foul, then it’s a red-card.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Blame it on Banjo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I blame it on the boogie….

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by maverick1973.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Brian, imo the problem with this rule is that it is so open to interpretation. I accept that most pundits I have heard from thought Kompany was the last man and should have got a red. But a few and more importantly the ref thought that Stones was providing cover. The ref saw it once but some pundits saw it several times and still came to differing conclusions. I think its a good rule as it favours the attacking team but its not easy at all to administer. Perhaps a 10 or 15 min sin bin rather than a red?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Personally, I would say if Stones was inside Vardy then yes, he was “covering”, but as he was outside Vardy and Vardy was clear through on goal I would say no. Honestly reckon if Kompany hadn’t had him, then Stones may have caught up and brought him down too in sheer desperation but I very much don’t Stones is quick enough or had enough ground to make anything remotely close to a clean challenge.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Adlab
                  Participant

It was a red and just for a change we had a decision go for us. Clearly the way we play with high pressing we can always be caught by a lob over the top.
                    As for the ref? I know what I would be saying if it had been the other way.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Don’t disagree with that Chucky and Adlab, just can understand why the ref didn’t give it. It’s a hard call to make at the time and difficult for the ref to judge where stones was in relation to vardy when he is 20 or 30 yards behind play. Cheers Jim.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Big Jim.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

I reckon the fact it was the 2nd minute of the game had more to do with the ref not giving it, although his positioning I’m sure also contributed to only a yellow being awarded.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

No dispute there Chucky. But as Adlab says we were due a decision going our way having been on the end of two wrongful sending off and a Stone wall pen turned down already this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

As much as it frustrates everyone, I’m also a strong believer it’s all swings and roundabouts, the man in black giveth, the man in black taketh… over the course of a season. But us cyber warriors tend to only remember the ones that are “wrong”… 🙂

Still think, and this isn’t really a reflection on “Kompany-gate”, the ref’s are on a hiding to nothing with the amount of “acting” that all players get up to these days…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

Chuky…that does sum it up nicely

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Slightly relevant but can’t be arsed to make another thread, that Toffee striker has just been charged with “deception” from the game against Palace. Haven’t seen the incident itself, anybody else on here see it? Must be bad if the FA are actually thinking about doing something!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.