Home Community General Football Zinedine Zidane

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I didn’t watch the game but it looks like Real won convincingly again last night. I wonder how much Zidane has to win before people start regarding him as a great coach. Is what he’s doing much different to what Pep did with that Barca side? Sure, Real’s squad cost a lot more. But, quality wise, that Barca side was better.

Personally, I just don’t yet put Zidane in that bracket and I don’t really know why. I don’t think many do rate him that highly. Why is that? If Zidane left Real today I feel the football world would unanimously shrug their shoulders at the announcement and then carry on with their day. Pep leaving Barca was huge.

Is it that he has to leave Spain before he can start to really show his coaching ability?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

To use a slightly different analogy, I think it’s a bit like an F1 driver being dropped right into a Ferrari to start with… sure, he may be a great driver but he’s got a great set of wheels underneath him…

And before you say Pepe, the same analogy applies to him, I don’t think he is the bee all and end all of managers either…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Yep, spot on Cantona – he isn’t doing anything different to Pep at Barca, so should be treated the same.

Press do have their darlings though and Pep is one of them. Klopp seems another who can do no wrong.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

@chucky I’m with you on Pep. I think he’s a good coach but I don’t think he was ever as good as it appeared during his time at Barca. I appreciate you don’t rate Pep either, but my point is that most of the footballing world were raving about Pep at Barca while the same is not said of Zidane and I don’t really understand why. I’m not necessarily saying he should be getting more plaudits. I’m questioning why he doesn’t appear to get the plaudits Pep got.

If Zidane left Real tomorrow, I’m not convinced he’d get another huge job straight away whereas clubs were queueing up for Pep.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Cant… (need to type that carefully! 🙂 ), I don’t think Headbutter would struggle too much to be honest, RDM was dining out on his Big Ears for years, I reckon he’ll be all right.

As for pats on the back, I reckon he’s getting a fair bit of attention, to be honest, not really comparing to Pepe mind you, don’t really pay that much attention unless the word “Spud” features in the article to start with…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.