Home Community General Football You should read this. Do you agree

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-bbc-team-season-22709168

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Go on then, who would be in your “team of the season so far”, then?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

Not thought about it but..
          DeGea.. he has saved them
          City players Diaz,Cancelo, Bernardo
          Liverpool Salah TAA
          Arsenal..Martinelli
          Chelsea…James
          It’s very difficult

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

These kind of fan polls are simply popularity contests. You’re never going to be popular among neutrals when you’re at the top of the tree and, unlike other top sides, City don’t have the fanbase big enough to affect the numbers themselves. Should definitely be some City players in there.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Couldn’t really say, to be completely honest, I think I’ve watched about 3 games all season that didn’t involve the mighty Spuds!

And none of them would get in it… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              FoxyFoxes
              Participant

In the City squad, bearing in mind the amount of rotation that squad gets and therefore players don’t get to play as many games as a lot of other team’s players, I would select Cancelo and Bernardo based on performances and number of.
                Edison may have more clean sheets, but he’s also playing in front of one of the best back lines. Ramsdale would probably sneak that position for me.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Blaze
                Participant

City have too many top players as such none really stand out cause they virtually all excellent so subconsciously people tend to not pick individuals in City’s case, maybe I’m wrong but thats my assumption.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Alisson for me. He’s dug deep to keep us in so many games. Best keeper in the world for me.

Fabinho is in my opinion the best defensive mid in the PL. I understand if other fans don;t agree, that’s alright.

Trent walks into this team surely, as well as Salah.

They are the only Liverpool players who I can be certain my my own mind who get there. There would be a few who I think would challenge for a place, like Jota, Matip, Thiago… Thiago couldnt take a place because he’s injured a lot, Jota couldnt because he hasnt been played in enough games, perhaps.. although I think he is 2nd ion the PL top scorers even still, which is mental and TBH maybe other teams have better candidates because of these and other reasons.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

I’ll be honest, Alisson’s name didn’t even come into my head for the keeper. Hasn’t he been a bit dodgy in recent times?

“Horrendous” according to Jamie Redknapp against Spurs

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/12/19/horrendous-jamie-redknapp-slams-liverpool-player-after-spurs-result-alisson/

Wasn’t he pretty poor against West Ham also? Seem to recall him starting to be quite dodgy from last season. Obviously don’t see him every game but he didn’t come to my mind.

That’s the thing with these polls as well. You’re asking fans to vote and how many seriously have seen every single keeper week in, week out. Fans will see some big games then pretty much their own side. They’ll then remember either worldie saves or big mistakes.

He certainly wouldn’t be my choice for best keeper in the world, anyway. Was riddled with mistakes last season and had a few shockers this season already. Not that I’m sure who is, but he wouldn’t be it, for me at least.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

https://scores.nbcsports.com/epl/player_leaders.asp?category=107

I know stats can be twisted and manipulated into anything you want, and I’ll be the first to admit stats don’t exactly tell the whole story, but check the link… lots of stats about goalies there…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

This only works when people are precluded from voting for their own players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

I’m not even sure that’s enough Nine to make it fair. Ask a Messi fan 5 years ago to vote for the best player in the world but you can’t vote for Messi. He certainly wouldn’t vote for Ronaldo. I don’t think there’s any way of escaping tribalism in these kind of votes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

True enough Ed although I think it might make it a little better balanced. It’s just a beauty contest imo anyway and only nominating your own players skews the results. Your Messi/Ronaldo example is a good one too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Another then to consider is also the best team doesn’t necessarily have all 11 best players in it, a very big difference between the two. I don’t anybody can disagree that Money are certainly the best team. but I think we would all have an issue suggesting Ederson is the best goalie…. and so forth…

I think the only 100% agreement on here would be Salah being the best player of the season so far… the other 10? Cases can be made for a lot more than 10… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                FoxyFoxes
                                Participant

I reckon Ramsdale has gained Arsenal about 10 points this season. The very fact they are/were top 4 over recent weeks and are clearly only a top 10/8 team shows how valuable Ramsdale has been. I really don’t think any other keeper comes close in terms of direct impact of points on their team.
                                  Agreed about Alison, should be nowhere near this discussion based on his performances this season. As for Fabinho, I really rate him, but again based on performances this season, sorry I can’t see it!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Who honestly cares about this? It’s a Poll.

I care about my team winning Trophies and Progressing. That’s it.

If people want to slam Alisson so be it. He was the person as far as I’m concerned that was pivotal to our triumph in securing CL Football for this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Alison pulled off some brilliant saves v spurs but made a terrible mistake for their 2nd goal. Hadn’t made as many errors as last season and in general has been very good for us this season.

Wolves keeper Sa , de Gea and Mendy best keepers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Ramsdale had done well but still has major flaws.

Nil, people are only giving their opinion on Alison mate. He has made mistakes spurs and Wray ham but he has been very good for us this season compared to last. I highly rate him as one of the best in the world but We watch him every week . Some of his saves especially one on ones have been excellent

He was really poor in the 2nd half of last season but his dead passed away in tragic circumstances . He can take far to much out of the ball when it’s at his feet. He does get caught a bit when the ball is played back to him.

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone and the fans love him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

Nobody is slamming him Nil. People are only suggesting he’s probably not been the best keeper in the league this season. Hardly scathing criticism.

De Gea has definitely regained some form but there have been better keepers I think. His shot stopping is second to none but he’s short in a few other crucial areas for a modern day keeper.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          FoxyFoxes
                                          Participant

Yeah, Nil you’re confused dude. The poll is team of the FIRST HALF of the season. Using examples from last season why Alison should be in this team is irrelevant. It’s all about performances this season. Alison is an incredible keeper, just like I think Fabinho is right up there too, but unfortunately this season I think there are many other players that have outperformed them in those positions. No one is trashing your players!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.