Home Community Liverpool Who should stay/Who should move on?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just thinking about our squad and outside the first 11.

As we signed Solanke as he’s made quite an impact for us during the pre-season, where does that now leave Divock Origi?

We have young Ben Woodburn, but Sturridge obviously is known for his problems with injuries. We have Danny Ings still who I believe should be reintegrated into the first 11.

Others may think differently, but Moreno should definitely move on and possibly some of our other fringe players.

I appreciate we need a squad to cater for more than one competition, but those definitely with no future should be released outright (if possible). Sakho for example is one of the names springing to my mind.

Thoughts?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nutts
      Participant

I said over on Teamtalk at the start of the transfer window that I believed Klopp wouldn’t sell any of the first team squad unless they specifically asked to leave.

You just don’t know which players will get injured and which will lose form. And if those 2 things happened at the same time, the current squad would look a tad bleak.

I think he will assess his squad needs this season and the clearout will start next July.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        dan-mako
        Participant

Totally Agree

Also, Moreno should stay. He had a bad season, worked his ass off and is playing really well. Surely a player deserves a chance to prove himself after working so hard?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

In principle, yes, all players should be given a chance to improve and turn around their fortunes.

Collectively however when placed in a defensive unit along with Mignolet, Lovren, Klavan, and Clyne (in example), it’s never going to be lasting and we’d likely to fall short.

As far as Moreno is concerned in my view, at best he would be a squad player, but not really seen as a prominent figure.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            dan-mako
            Participant

That is fair.
              I think Migs has improved, TAA and Gomez are coming on, Matip is definitely worth it, and Robertson looks the goods.
              Shame Sakho and Klopp broke down.
              As for Moreno, I have been really impressed with him. Happy to give him a chance as all players grow and learn….how old is he now?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.