Home Community General Football Where is football going?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

With all the hullabaloo about “Handball” it makes me wonder why this was ever introduced, then again, who gains out of it? It is another platform for TV and betting Companies to spice up the game with penalties and incidents qualified by VAR. We may as well start with a penalty shoot out before the match!!! So, what next can they tamper with, I have mentioned in the past they will move to “Period” play because they can get more Advertising in. Three substitutes will become 5 will become 7 will become a second team all on bench/. I will not be around to see most of it but it will come. Will we ever see real football again?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

Pagan was right from the start Brian, as soon as VAR was introduced every rule of the game will be meddled with in order to make everything as black and white as possible so that VAR can be decisive, thats why intent has been removed from the equation as it is rarely black and white.

I think we may actually see a U turn on this one though and only hand balls denying goal scoring opportunities or directly leading to goals will be ruled on by VAR, the rest will be ruled on by match official as before. Hopefully we will because this really is a nonsense isnt it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

As I said in the other thread, the authorities are trying to instil a utopian and authoritarian ideology on to the game of football. But footballers aren’t machines and the game will always have grey areas because it exists in something called the real world. Like Lucky, I fully expect there to be too much blow back from people in the game which will hopefully end a lot of this nonsense. After that, these football institutions then need to be recaptured from the bureaucrats that have infested them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

VAR and its improvements are all about removing ambiguity. I dont have an issue with VAR as it is going to get much better.

I do have issues with it only being available for the top flights and the fact it cannot be reproduced down the leagues or at grass roots just shows that it hasnt been properly thought through. Probably cause more agro towrads referees at grass roots as a parent runs onto the pitch with his mobile phone of little tommy wanker smashing a ball into a players face whos hands were protecting his nose.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Brian, the handball subject was brought up on Sky last night during the Liverpool match and Neville was confident, the law will be modified.

Maybe it’s in it’s ‘teething stages’, but it was like the Buses last week with controversies. I don’t think it’ll sustain as something long-term something will need to change.

The flags no longer going up is a slight concern because we don’t know whether it’s offside or not. Or is the rule allowing that particular instance to see through it’s ‘natural conclusion’ before intervention then takes place.

VAR was in to ultimately support than dictate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Jose Mourinho : “It’s difficult to play against Manchester united. Am not saying they are a difficult team to play against, but it’s difficult because even after 90 minutes the Ref can call you from your dressing room and tell you that he has decided to give Manchester united a penalty so your Goalkeeper must dress again and go face Bruno Fernandes . You can only celebrate when you get home, because if you still around the stadium it’s possible they might get a penalty even at full time ”

βš½β„’οΈ

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Nike..I get your point but the fact is, lets say it was off-side in the first instance but play allowed to go on for a few minutes, then, off-side is given…..this repeated a few times can waste a lot of ligitimate time the fans pay to watch apart from the frustration of the poor management of the game. In my view a game should not be stopped at all unless the Ref blows, then I do not want a second decision. VAR for goal line only, Ref does not count the minutes, Game played for 90 minutes, hooter, game over. NO extra time. I know…it will never happen

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

For sure the end is naai said the holy to the slummie, only to take off his mask and reveal 2 horns and a red skin, Mo my piglet what suckers they are another few billion into my web.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.