Home Community General Football Weekend Football: Round 7… ding, ding.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Some nice matches on paper, YooUtd vs Toffeemen, an away win wouldn’t be impossible, looking forward to Spammers vs Bees, that could be a good game… and obviously the game of the weekend on Sunday, can Spuds finally click into gear and get a much needed win?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Liverpool v City the stand out game of the weekend. Should be a cracker hopefully it doesn’t disappoint.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Should be terrifying. No Trent makes it so difficult but not impossible, of course.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Can’t see us winning this if city play like they did againest Chelsea. I’m hearing thisgo out for two months which is no surprise

Would take a draw now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

2 months? ah FFS.

I’d nearly agree with you regards the draw Sean but I just can’t. It’s going to be tough without Trent and Thiago but we’ve still got Alisson, Van Dijk, Robertson, Mane, Salah, Fabinho. That’s a pretty solid core.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

I think city look more solid then us at the back mak

We really will have to To be at the top our game. Pressing hard and taking our chances chances. We are scoring plenty of goals but still missing to many chances in my view

Home crowd and we be up well up for it but what a tough game. Play like we really can abd we have a massive chance

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

City are still by far and away the best team in the PL probably in Europe too their one problem is that they currently have a missing ingredient of a bona fide striker so they’re not putting away the copious number of chances they are creating and that ultimately may cost them this season without they can somehow solve that situation in January which won’t be easy even on a short term basis.

Trent Alexander not being fit for Liverpool if that is ultimately the case is a double edged sword they will significantly miss his offensive attributes but Milner in his place strengthens them defensively.

I can see this one probably being a draw but what makes the game interesting is that any of three results are very possible.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

“City are still by far and away the best team in the PL ”

Do you mean on very current form, or just the actual teams quality because if it’s the second one, I don’t agree. I think people have forgotten that it was almost this identical side that walked the PL only 2 years ago. Last season was a total freak situation and if we can actually STOP GETTING INJURED (omg), I think we’ll get back on track.

If however you are talking about what team is playing the better football so far then yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you there Nine. As Sean said above, City’s defence is much more solid ATM. They are further along but of course they are, it’s going to take Van Dijk a long time before he’s at peak level again. I wouldnt say he’s been poor though either. I wouldnt even single anyone out TBH, each goal seems to exploit our system, more than it does individuals,. although there have been some moments alright…

That back 5 is the best in the PL though, they just need time Sean. Long-term, it’s the midfield that worries me, not def or attack.

I am just about holding off from saying that I’d settle for a draw, even though I am worried about us conceding a lot of goals. Call it stubbornness, or a sense that maybe we might see this team up their game enough to remind everyone that we’re still here etc etc. I dont think any result would truly shock me.

Either team is capable of embarrassing the other. Admittedly, City are more likely to achieve that than us but Im not writing us off.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

As a neutral, all I can say is hopefully there is a lot of contraversy, VAR nonsense, several punch-ups and so many cards it will be called the “Christmas Massacre” so I can have a jolly good laugh at you lot on here… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Mak, City have won 3 of the last 4 PL titles and imo would win the PL title again this season comfortably were they not bereft of a striker.

As I said in my post above “I can see this one probably being a draw but what makes the game interesting is that any of three results are very possible.” Which seems to me pretty much the same as you’re saying above.

By the way you’re not the only team that’s suffering from injuries it’s part of the game and why we all have squads Kante and Pulasic have only played couple of PL games between them so far this season and Chelsea currently have 4 key players out and it’s not easy to replace players of the quality of Mount and Kante etc but you just have to get on with it.

Yes it’s the second one and I’m realistic enough to admit that if City had strengthened with a striker in the Summer we would all be chasing their rear ends between now and the end of the season given all the chances City are creating and unfortunately for them not taking viz a via Tuesday night v PSG because they haven’t bought the striker that they needed and will probably continue to struggle do so in January that leaves the title more open and in that circumstance then Liverpool if they can keep their key players fit will be a contender.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

Ye totally agree nine mate. City are still the best team in the pl

Injuries are not an issue this season. They were last as we had a youth team player and Philips playing instead of our 3 centre backs .

We are much better shapr now. Vvd has been very good on my have to see his recovery tackle last week to see that but he’s no way πŸ’―

Brentford were very brave last week. They took massive risks and absolutely fair balls to them because it shoes if you have the balls to have a go at the bigger teams, you can get rewarded

Like villas approach v utd etc.

From what I’ve seen of us and city tvis seaskn, city look more solid. That was some performance againest a very solid defence in Chelsea

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

You can always factor in injuries as reasons but also add loss of form which is just as crucial to a teams performance. City lost Kompany and Laporte, Liverpool lost Van Dyke and Gomez but you have to get through these events and not use them as excuses whatever the team. The game on Sunday can go any way, so it should be interesting I just hope thEre is a good Ref and VAR is not needed. All I want is a good match

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

So, we have another international break after this? I can’t take this shit anymore. Didn’t we just have one like a month ago? Sick to death of these interruptions.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Due to work commitments I don’t have the time to spend. What I do see in majority from our point of view LFC, is too much caution and not living life to the full, whenever Manchester City-Chelsea-Manchester United-Arsenal-Tottenham Hotspur – RE: Represent This Site.

For me, I fancy our chances this Sunday.

I also want Liverpool to win The League Title and The European Cup and/or a Domestic Trophy.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

“I also want Liverpool to win The League Title and The European Cup and/or a Domestic Trophy.”

I think we would all want the same for our Clubs Nil.😢

How realistic that is for all of us is the question but there are only 4 trophies to go around 6 if you’re Chelsea and one of those is in our trophy cabinet this season already.😊

As for the rest only time will tell for everyone.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

I didnt say it was only down to injuries, there were a host of other reasons. The fit players last season didnt perform also and the poor performances came in before the injuries. Liverpool came back after the covid break a looking different team.

the insane lead we had didnt help anyone, as all momentum was flushed down the toilet. At the time, you may remember me getting rather annoyed about it and most people saying it didnt matter but momentum is everything and we definitely carried that into the following season.

Although our performances arent exactly incredible so far (especially defensively), I still think we’ve been shaken up a bit and the lads will find the drive to get back onto that right track, for this season. Maybe not this game but I definitely won’t rule that out.

Nine, if City bought a striker.. well nobody was stopping them. They went for Grealish instead, offered insane money for Kane and when they couldnt get him, they didnt bother going for anyone else.

It’s easy to say that if any team bought a world class player that they needed, they’d be better off. If Liverpool bought a world class midfielder, or even striker, we’d be pretty terrifying too but this isn’t Football Manager, even if City have such crazy resources.

Granted on the 3 out of 4 PL wins though Nine, Liverpool might have thrown away any chance of winning lasts season, and had other things impact it too but City grabbed the opportunity with both hands. That doesnt mean I have to consider them favourites for the title but I will say they are favourites for this game.

It’s going to be a hard 2 weeks, if we lose this. Really fed up of international football just interrupting club football when it’s finally getting going you know..

Ya Chucky , let’s hope for the opposite of what you want πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Nine, I wouldnt think too much of your slight dip in form. As we’re maybe about to see for ourselves, City can dominate ANY team on their day.

The title won’t be won on Sunday. It will be kinda depressing if we lose of course but as I;ve said above, that will be mostly down to the 2 week holiday that the PL is taking.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mak, I wasn’t talking about last seasons injuries undoubtedly injuries played a part at Liverpool last season I was talking about this season. I just don’t think we should moan every time a player gets injured it’s part and parcel of the game and why we have 25 man squads.

City lost a striker in Aguero he needed replacing they didn’t go for Grealish instead of buying a striker the plan was to buy Grealish and a striker it was much easier to buy Grealish than a striker because Grealish had a defined buy out clause.

Without a bona fide striker at City it’s made the title race more open and Liverpool are definitely a contender.

Very difficult to predict the outcome on Sunday I think Liverpool are narrow favourite because of the crowd but any one of three results are possible and none would suprise me right now a draw looks most likely imo. As a neutral I’m just hoping for a great game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Latest SkyBet title odds ahead of game 7. 2/10

Manchester City
                                          10/11
                                          Chelsea
                                          11/4
                                          Liverpool
                                          4/1
                                          Manchester Utd
                                          8/1
                                          Arsenal
                                          100/1
                                          West Ham
                                          200/1
                                          Brighton
                                          250/1
                                          Everton
                                          250/1
                                          Tottenham
                                          250/1
                                          Leicester
                                          500/1

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Fair enough there Nine and ya, our injuries aren’t anythibg special yet… just a worry tgat we’re headed towards last season already I guess… but no big deal yet.

As for its, Ole woukd want to have a good reason for not starting Ronaldo. Was a game versus Villarreal priority over the PL? Madness if so.

Surely he had a fitness problem or something.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 200 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.