Home Community General Football Weekend Football – GW25

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

A full Weekend of Domestic League Football finally back. Felt like quite a long wait but it’s here.

Some good matches to look forward to too.

Maybe a surprise result awaits 😉

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Adlab
      Participant

What! Norwich and Burnley to win?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Adlab, it won’t be 18/19 or even 19/20 🙂 My Goodness 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Be very surprised if both City and Liverpool don’t win their games reasonably comfortably out of preference though I would rather be playing Norwich away than Burnley away.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Good game this. Southampton very good but utd to nick it as they can go up a gear

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Always hate playing Burnley nine chum. Tough place to go

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Me too Sean.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Excellent game that

Southampton well worth their point

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Good game at OT hopefully Broja is back at the Bridge next season along with Gallagher.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Southampton could have won that but draw just about a fair result.
                        I’m going to sound like a City fan here but boy I’m glad we didn’t pay £500,000 a week for Ronaldo.
                        At 37 he is still OK but….Thanks Ole and SAF!

What has happened to Maguire this season? Not sure.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Adlab
                        Participant

Come on Sean! Burnley. Just have a check on the table. Yes it’s tough there but Liverpool are far superior and will win easily. 0-3

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Borja looks absolutely brilliant nine chum. Has a good chance as Chelsea really only have one striker. Big, strong and fast. Real prospect.

Southanotikn just look so organised. Utd just look a team who only got out together yesterday

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Paul Scholes made the point after the game about appointing someone like Rangnick who has hardly coached in the last few years because he’s primarily been a Sporting Director.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

I agree with Sean horrible team to play Burnley. Can only see a comfortable Liverpool win though same with City.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Adlab
                                Participant

They are waiting for Poch but is he the answer?
                                  When I watch Utd, obviously I want them to lose, but I can’t put my finger on their problem. I think it is because they have one or two areas that need change. At the moment Maguire isn’t up to it and that creates holes. I don’t think the midfield works hard enough and Rasford’s loss of form is a concern. I actually don’t think signing Ronaldo did them any favours.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Same old story with Utd these last few weeks. Start well and then just invite them onto us. We deserved a lot more against Burnley and Middlesbrough but Southampton were good value for their point. Southampton can do that though. They deservedly won at Spurs, would have won at City but for a dodgy ref decision with the Walker red, held Chelsea at their place until pens in the cup.

I always feel with Southampton that we’ll either absolutely batter them like we did last season or they’ll be the better side.

Liverpool and City easy wins this weekend. We should have had 5 in the first half against Burnley but couldn’t pit the chances away. They’re a poor side.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

I’m the same Adlab. I’m not quite sure what it is. Maguire has just massively regressed since the Euros. Ronaldo is looking his age. Pogba is gone in the summer. Rashford, no idea what’s happening there.

Varane and Sancho have been very good the last few weeks. Varane is the best signing we’ve made for a long time. Still can’t believe he was only £40mil.

I keep saying it but it’s a huge summer for whoever we bring in but there’s going to be a lot of wages freed up. Ronaldo is probably going. Cavani, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Lingard etc. That’s a massive chunk coming off the wage bill and a decent foundation to build on for the new guy, whoever that is. Not the worst thing IMO if we miss 4th.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

The good news Ed is that according to today’s Daily Express “Mauricio Pochettino is desperate to become the next permanent manager of Manchester United, according to reports. Pochettino is prepared to ‘push’ through an exit from Paris Saint-Germain to return to England with United. The Argentine has long been linked with the Old Trafford job, dating back to his time in charge of Tottenham.”

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

We’ll see Nine. I’m far from convinced about Poch, as I’ve said many times on here. I like the idea of Ten Hag. Luis Enrique is actually one I’ve started to come around to. I wasn’t keen initially but I’ve been reading a bit more into his career and I don’t think he’d be a bad shout. He’s done a decent job with Spain and his record at Barca isn’t too dissimilar to Pep’s. I always thought it was much worse but he did better there than I remembered. Messi said Enrique is up there with Pep as the best two coaches he’s had and Pep also said Enrique’s Barca and Klopp’s Liverpool are the 2 best sides he’s faced. He doesn’t suffer any fools either, a bit like Conte. Definitely warming to the idea of Enrique recently.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

I think utd have improved last few weeks. Just need to get that 2nd goal. Southampton were excellent

It was a great game.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 130 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.