Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 24

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Weekend – 13th – 15th Feb

11am Saturday to get selections finalized for this weekend.
      An extended Gameweek this week in relation to Fantasy Football as there will be a couple of games on Wednesday whilst Phase 2 of Europe Football re-commences.

Leicester City v Liverpool first up 12:30

and a Saturday Teatime Fixture to look forward to 5:30 ala Manchester City versus Tottenham Hotspur

More action Sunday and Monday

Let’s see what this week unravels!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

For Weekend commencing 6th to the 8th Feb.

Fantasy Football Deadline for this week’s entries: 11am.

Well, first up, I had a glance on the BBC Website and seen this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55934991

Agree effectively, the Sunday fixture for Liverpool is win or bust as far as defending the League Title goes. It’s something we’ve to recognize and essentially prepare to accept it being a bridge too far.

With that in mind, anything can still happen. A good run of fixtures over the next few days or so and see what the roulette unravels for us

๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

Disaster just seen who Sunday’s ref is. Three points for Liverpool.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Adlab, our 12th man has been on the ‘sidelines’ ๐Ÿ˜€

So the Disaster is forecasted upon us.

Away wins as recent trends highlight my friend.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Adlab
            Participant

Nike
              You know what I think of Oliver……crap

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Adlab, I was unaware of Michael Oliver appointed for this Sunday. Always held in in high regard; one of my personal favourites.

VAR I think have more influence I think have compromised the authority held by Referees, irrespective of who they are.

Adlab, we’ve had from what I’ve seen not so many decisions go in our favour this season. It makes you think and realize from our perspective, the KOP in how much they are vocal and how infectious they are all round. It’s no longer there.

Ghost-town just like our High-street.

Cheers

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Nike19.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Adlab, it’s Manchester City’s Title in all honesty. We’ve far too many injuries experienced.

I listened today from on my drive home from work the local radio re Leicester and Brendan Rodgers emphasizing how much taxing it’s been on the players playing more games than they should and therefore effectively ‘imposing’ injuries on themselves.

La porte and Aguero make a HUGE difference to you guys.

For Liverpool; bar our full-backs, our entire Central Defenders stripped away.

It’s finally taken it’s toll on us ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Pagan
                  Participant

Nil, itโ€™s all well and good Brenda or any other manager moaning about the number of games his players are playing, but at the end of the day theyโ€™re his players, itโ€™s his choice to play them, and if he can see that theyโ€™re tired then itโ€™s his job to rest them and rotate his squad, the clue really is in the word manager…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Personally I think Oliver is the best we’ve got irrespective of that let’s just hope neither VAR or Oliver impact the game though.

I have a feeling that Liverpool will probably get something from this game because if they lose there’s almost no way back whilst even if City lose they will still be 4 points ahead with a better goal difference and a game in hand so the biggest motivation lies with Liverpool.

Hope the game lives up to expectations.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

Thereโ€™s a lot on it mentally for the teams, Liverpool have got to show that theyโ€™re still in it and Man City have got show that theyโ€™re back. Hopefully they both go for it as a draw doesnโ€™t answer the questions fully, however a good 3-3 game would be a great watch for the neutrals…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Nil, Klopp went into the season with the squad he wanted, Liverpool were unlucky to lose both Centre Backs but it was Klopp’s choice to not replace Lovren and go into the season with an injury prone Matip and it caught him out it was a massive risk especially given when Liverpool were competing against such a strong team as City.

Ironically the Centre Back problems Liverpool suffered this season were pretty much exactly what City suffered from last season and Klopp should have learned from that.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

With 9 on that, you should always learn from your own mistakes, but learning from others is equally as important….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Pagan, it was something I picked up on conversation from the early evening Radio; there was some mention on Soyuncu not being fit, then unexpectedly from anticipated time, he recovered that was good. I wish I could say the same about our lot lol.

I’m glad Brendan Rodgers at the very least out there is recognizing the real world and in grace showing empathy.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Nine, I have to say in the Grand Scheme of the Squad, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Reality being that we’ve turned the bling eye and ignored what really should be a first class leading partnership in Van Dijk and “fill the blank”.

You’re right. Matip not full seasoned. We then should really have taken the initiative to upskill and develop let’s say the example in Nat Phillips or buy an outright ready made second-center half; would that not have taken the pressure too off Van Dijk?

He should have learned in wisdom from Man City. I don’t know the full ins and outs.

We can’t though dismiss in relation to this season overall so far, the injuries on players experienced irrespective of their playing positions.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Pagan
                                Participant

In a professional football team that there are three things broadly they have their players doing, match day, rest and preparation. With games coming thick and fast, with no real routine one of them has to give…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

hard to back againest city considering we canโ€™t score at home and city donโ€™t concede.

They are nearby unstoppable playing like this. Best squad in Europe by a country mile even missing kdb and augero

I know pep will show us respect and be no suprise to see city go with Rodri and ferindhio in midfield. Not sure they need two defensive players againest us at the minute

Hopefully Alison, mane and fabhino are bsck

Anything can happen this season

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

City were missing Laporte and he canโ€™t even get in the city team now so that shows how strong they are this season

City play ferdhino at Christmas even when stones and otamendi were fit. They cost 90m

Ours is totally different as we have been missing our three first choice cbs at some stage and play two of our best midfielders at Cb. Itโ€™s really disrupted us but most fans could see this coming and I agree with nine. We all knew matip wasinjury prone and Gomez missed a lot ganes each season and we let Lovren go.

No excuses. Itโ€™s bad luck but we have to get on with it and Iโ€™d be more then happy with top 4 this season then regroup on the summer and go the league next season. Iโ€™ve no doubt we will give the league a real go next season

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

I really don’t know anymore.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Sean, City suffered from Kompany’s retirement as well as Laporte’s long lay off at Centre Back last season City didn’t replace Kompany last season and the loss of both with no replacement for Kompany massively effected their season.

But putting all that aside Klopp sold Lovren didn’t replace him and went into the season with just 3 Centre Backs one of whom in Matip was known to be both injury prone and regularly injured.

It was a massive risk and it backfired mate.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chelsea1967
                                          Participant

Saw the Klopp interview after the most recent loss. He wasn’t flashing the pearly whites like normal. Do Klopp and Robbie F go to the same dentist. They both look like they swill their mouths out with pure bleach. I guess the millions they rake in they can afford to spend a few quid on their choppers.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 309 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.