Home Community General Football Week 8 Footy (Including predictions)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Some good games this coming weekend, none more so than the opening game. Get your predictions in below!

[fp-predictionform match=”73-82″]

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Read ’em and weep boys!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

Bet you have a skin tight suit like Freddies don’t cha Banjo?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

finally given up on predicting home wins for spurs.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Got the hairy chest too… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Blaze
              Participant

great singer of course and a top group but never liked his antics

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Big J was in a band? Do tell more….. 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

I am hopeless at predicitions but have jotted them down

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Just reading main man Mane is out for around 6 weeks… that’s a big blow for Pool!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Big Jim
                      Participant

Real shame about Mane, I had Pool down for a win. May have to reassess that result as a draw now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Mane or not,a boring 0-0 written all over it!.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Just want to keep this thread alive too so we don’t take over the Liverpool thread with all PL games!

No surprises for me in the Liverpool Utd game. Thankfully, it’s only 2/3 games a season but these games where José goes out with no intention of winning a game are horrible for the neutral and not much better for us fans either! Utd were very poor on the ball today and need to be much better.

City just look unstoppable at the moment and I just don’t think we’re ready to challenge them yet, although I don’t think we’ll be far off come the end of the season. I did think Chelsea might be up to challenging them too but they’ve already got some catching up to do.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Ed, Chelsea will do well to hang on to a CL place this season imo.

I had a nasty feeling all along about the Palace game it’s was the perfect storm Palace wedged between the international break and the CL, a very difficult away ground to go to , no Morata and Kante and Palace without a point and a goal playing the Champions.

And so it proved with 5 or 6 Chelsea players not turning up today just as they didn’t turn up v City too. Arsenal’s need to be kicked hard now it’s just not good enough.

I know United were missing players but they look miles off City currently and the 7-2 win for City today was a massive statement and I just can’t see anyone keeping up with City this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

For me Chelsea are already out of the title race!.United not good enough to challenge City,Spurs might do!.City already look unplayable,so many great players,even missing Aguero makes no difference,another goal-feast for them today,with KDB and Sane a joy to watch.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Maverick, even putting City to one side Chelsea winning 3 PL titles in 4 seasons two back to back which hasn’t been done in almost a decade was always very unlikely.

But imo City are the stand out team this season Pep identified the weaknesses in the team/squad and strengthened where they needed to and they would be even better with Kompany,Mendy and Aguero in the team. Personally I can’t see anyone getting near them and I think they will win the title with games in hand.

Watford up to 4th now.

5th v 4th at the Bridge in the lunchtime Saturday game next week at the Bridge.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

I agree mate,Chelsea and Arsenal well out of the title-race this early on.Never expected Chelsea to defend the title,and Arsenal just being Arsenal!.Spurs it is then as the only challengers,if they can win games @ home!.Unfortunately I can see City going-on to dominate for few years!.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Can’t see Spurs Maverick no disrespect to Spurs who are a very good team but they’re miles behind City imho as in reality is everyone else in the PL this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

9,as good as City look, I just think it’s far too early to write anyone in or out of the title race (except maybe Arsenal!). I still fancy Chelsea to be up there challenging. City will slip up at some point. It’s just up to the rest to keep plugging away to ensure they’re ready to capitalise on any slip up.

As good as City were today, they’re still only 2 points ahead off Utd and 5 off Spurs. All still to play for.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

Ed-You don’t seriously think or believe that anybody can keep up with that lot,do you?. Chelsea look a team that can be beaten,missing players or not,and United have only played Liverpool so far, teams from the top half of the table-not including Watford. Obviously somebody will have to finish 2nd,Spurs most likely!.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Ed, you’re right teams shouldn’t give up certainly not United who I think will push City the hardest but I can’t see anyone keeping up with City and I think they might well go the whole season unbeaten.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.