Home Community General Football Week 6: Hangovers from Mid-Week?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

A South Coast derby to kick-things off, but with no real “history” of nonsense between the two, doubtful of a proper “blood & guts” type of game…

No idea about my Spuds, we seem to be back in the “who bloody knows what side will show up” situation, just hoping somebody who bloody knows how to play RB will be playing RB, all in all I’m not overly confident I’ll be singing come FT!!! ๐Ÿ™

A win for City, a tasty Sunday roast between United and United, another game that could go either way, a win for the Goonies (they are at home afterall!), and a loss for Chelsea to finish the weekend.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

First time this season I think
        We will drop points. Very tough place to go and win.

Just have a bad feeling about this. Chelsea will be well up for it as the super cup showed. Kantรฉ will be back.

Just bit concerned we canโ€™t keep clean sheets. Hopefully Iโ€™m
        Wrong

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Goals at both ends I reckon Waspy, it’s just Liberoools will get more of them… not a betting man but I reckon, if it exists, betting 4 or more goals is a sure thing for this game!

(And of course, it will be 0-0, which will prove why I’m not a betting man! ๐Ÿ™‚ )

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Tuesday was disappointing. Thursday got a bit better though!

“Callum Hudson-Odoi has committed himself to Chelsea Football Club by signing a new five-year contract.” Chelsea Club Site.?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Looking forward to Chelsea vs Liberools game and hoping for it to be a cracker,like 5-5.WHU to beat United again.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7485053/Manchester-United-news-David-Gea-donates-170-000-help-victims-Spanish-storm.html

Credit where credits due, I doff my cap!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Klopp, speaking ahead of Sundayโ€™s trip to Chelsea, said: โ€œItโ€™s a really exciting team, it reminds me a little bit of my team at Dortmund years back when they were really young โ€“ maybe even younger than this team at Chelsea.

โ€œPeople were always talking about how young they are, but they only played because they were good. They didnโ€™t play because they were that young.โ€

โ€œThey brought in Christian Pulisic in the summer, Iโ€™m not sure about the money but for around ยฃ50-ยฃ60m, and all of the players around him now have the same value,โ€ said Klopp.

โ€œTammy Abraham is now a ยฃ60m player, Mason Mount is for sure a ยฃ60m player, if not more, Callum Hudson-Odoi was that already.

โ€œJorginho is not that young, but he is not that long in the league, and then [Nโ€™Golo] Kante, who looks like he could play for the next 20 years.

โ€œThey have Mateo Kovacic, Ross Barkley, and then all the experienced guys around them, Pedro, Willian, Olivier Giroud and on the bench Michy Batshuayi.

โ€œIf there was one club in the world who a transfer ban didnโ€™t hit that bad, it was probably Chelsea.โ€

Kind words from Klopp or mind games?

Probably a bit of both because there’s some truth in what he says.

Hudson Odoi commiting himself long term to the Club yesterday following Mount and Gilmour recently is adding to the positivity around the Club and hopefully we’ll see Tammy, Reece James and Tomori doing the same shortly.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

A very hard Game for us nine and for the first time this season, I can see us dropping points.

Stamford bridge is always tough. We have only one game out of 12 in our away games againest the top 6.

We need to be st our very best on Sunday

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Luckydestiny
                    Participant

Clever because its true nine, but also unfairly heightens expectations of our team and so effectively mind games. Yes Mount and Tammy now have high market values, but compared to pools team if you estimate their current values it is still way off and despite Klopps praise he still has the far better team at his disposal and the greater pressure to win on the weekend.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Lucky, I agree with everything you say but it’s nice to hear what was said as a Chelsea fan from a Manager we all deeply respect.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Sean, it’s a real tough game for Chelsea, Liverpool are the best team in Europe and 2-2 in the Super Cup is history.

Unfortunately Chelsea are still missing some key players if Mount is ok to play and Kante plays too we’ve got a chance of getting something but Liverpool are so hard to play against and get a result.

I would be happy with a Chelsea performance, delighted with a point in fact I would snatch your hand off for a point now and ecstatic with a win.

Overall though the most important thing is that we are now as a Club going in the right direction the Hudson Odoi long term contract signing has added to that overall positivity after both Mount and Gilmour signing up to long term contracts and there’s plenty for Chelsea fans to be positive about despite having sold our best player and suffering a transfer ban.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Luckydestiny
                          Participant

I agree nine, I have all the respect in the world for Klopp and its always nice to hear positive things about your team from football professionals you can truly respect.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Lucky/nine,I fully expect to see Kantรฉ.He was the man of the match in the super cup mate

I think managers and fair minded supporters can see itโ€™s very good whatโ€™s happening at Chelsea. Some really talented young players who are much better then I first thought. Itโ€™s a huge step up from the championship and these lads have settled into the pl really well.

You can see the style frank is trying to implement. High press and good attacking football. I really just hope we are up for it Sunday

In our last 3 really tough away games last season, city, Everton and utd. We just werenโ€™t good enough. We were very poor at old tarford. Our away form
                              Againest the top sides is a concern.they are all very tough games as klopp says

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chelsea.man
                              Participant

Im my opinion, Klopp was playing mind games as early as today. he knows that all pressure is on Liverpool to claim the 3 points. so he was easing pressure for his team. also he was motivating his team not be complacent because facing a young side can sometimes make stronger teams complacent. Klopp knows the effects of that. i don’t think he was sincere when he was making those comments. and even if he was sincere, the occussion makes it look like a mind game. may be he was sending his defence a coded message about who to look out in this Chelsea team. now that Hazard is no longer.

And that Hazard has left, Mount seems to quickly stepping up to fill that void. he seems to be winning the battle to fill the Hazard shoes. and that is why he is taking a lot of knocks from the teams. Wolves tried, Valencia tried and succeed in taking him out of the game, Sheffield United did it, and many more teams will watch him. and this is his new status. he is establishing himself to be Chelsea’s top dog, and that comes with a lot of rough treatment. he needs to accept and live with it. Hazard lived with that for 7 years. before that, Drogba lived with that.

Liverpool are favourites, and i’m not expecting that many from this game. only a good performance and not a heavy defeat. anything else we get will be a bonus. at the moment we are missing some key players, some are even carrying injuries like Kovacic.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Disagree with that Chelsea. Man, klopp is quite complimentary to other teams. Most fair minded people can see itโ€™s great what Chelsea are trying to do.

No one expected Abraham and mount to be producing these kind of performances so early on. Itโ€™s not going overboard by saying they have been outstanding.

Both would go for big money if sold tomorrow. Chelsea play exciting football. They press from the off and Iโ€™m very concerned about tomorrow

You would be happy with anything but a heavy defeat? Are you serious mate?

Chelsea at the bridge is a horrible game for us. The sane was said in the super cup and Chelsea should have won.

Iโ€™d be happy with a draw. We have won one of our last 12 Games away from home againest the top 6. This is a really tough game and I think Chelsea are quietly confident like they would be againest any top team at home mate

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

“Iโ€™d be happy with a draw.” Me too Sean.?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

I’m with Sean on this one. I think we’ll drop points here but I will say that I’ll never be happy with a draw.

Chelsea gave us problems last season and also in the Super Cup. They are going through a good moment now with the kids thriving. It’s really given everyone there a huge boost. They are super positive right now and that’s definitely a problem, especially playing them in London. If I were totally honest, I think we might lose this match. It’d be a real kick in the teeth for our ambitions but you can’t win them all. Chelsea score a lot but they also concede a lot. If the front 3 are in form, we’ve always got a good chance.

Liverpool had a bit of a wake-up call in Europe, which is no bad thing really. One take away from it was the absolutely IMMENSE performance of Adrian. I feel that kinda got lost in the woods because Napoli beat us in the end. Our defence and Fabinho will have their work cut out for them, so a big performance from them could be the difference but that Abraham guy is just unplayable right now.

I dunno, I don’t think I can give a prediction for this one. Let’s just hope it’s a game without injury or controversy. May the best team win!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

As for what Klopp said, I will say this. I don’t think Klopp really does mind games TBH. If he does, they are a lot more subtle than previous PL big guns. For me I think Klopp is just as honest as he can be at these press conferences. I don’t think he ever wants to say something that might come back to bite him on the arse. So, if a team is in a good place and doing well, he’ll just say so and be able to go into the game without the players having it in the backs of their minds. That’s my thinking on it because it’s what I would do and we all know what a top manager I am.

Klopp does his talking on the pitch and really doesn’t look to make enemies in the headlines. He’s been incredibly flattering to his greatest PL rival so far and in fairness, I think Hodsgon.. *jokes*, in fairness Pep returns the same kind of sentiments.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

From what I’ve seen of Chelsea more impressive than expected start to the season is a fondness for either running out of ideas or energy towards the end. Unless Liberoools click into gear and blow them away in the first 20 minutes, which we all know Liberoool is very capable of doing, it will be a very close game but I think eventually Liberoools class will tell on this one…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Interesting line-up from Spuds, looks like a 4-3-3, a proper RB playing RB, and Wee Erik after his shitshow showing on Wednesday dropped to the bench. No Ali in the squad… and no Hugo (who’s wife has just popped apparently, so congrats to Hugo!). Strong looking Foxy Lady line-up… I’d take a point now, to be honest.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 415 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.