Home Community General Football Week 32: Squeaky Bum Time….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Well, it is for my boyz!!! It’s official, we’re in the “must-win” territory now, with a trip up Norff to Bone Saw country… and I have absolutely no idea what Spud-side will show up (although I could hazard a guess)… could it be the end of the season? Will we continue with this 3 at the back nonsense? Can dogs look up?

If we start with 3 at the back then it’s game over, will certainly be looking at the team sheet before I turn it on, that’s for sure.

I wouldn’t mind, but I don’t think “they” are that good, certainly not among the best I’ve seen this season, they’ve just spent all season grinding out results and putting points on the board… (but then again, look where it’s got them?). Have to be optimistic, so I’m going with the “Top Spurs” showing up and a nice 3-1 win… so 4-0 to Bone Say Boyz!!

No real other stand out games for me, with all the other Prem games going according to plan and a couple of Cup games I’m not fussed about…

In fact, a pretty crappy weekend of football!! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Tugay is God
      Participant

Newcastle are very good. I wouldn’t say they have been grinding out results, they have battered a lot of teams and been very solid against the top teams.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Must admit to not watching a huge amount of their games, but when they beat us at the Lane, they sat there with two banks of 5 for 95% of the match, scored their first goal from a long ball over the top, knocking Hugo flat on his arse, and rolling the ball into an empty net, and their second was a classic counter in the 88th minute (give or take!) when my Spuds were throwing the kitchen sink at them in search of an equalizer.

It was effective, it got them the two points, but wasn’t anything close to good football. They were set up for the draw from the first whistle and if memory serves me correct, Pope got a yellow in the first half for timewasting…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually looking forward and put myself for a 5-0 6-0 against Forest. We’re due something good. Hope Luis Diaz starts and Trent continues to play in his new position. COME ON!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Hmmm, a 6-pointer in my eyes for Spurs. I would normally have said Newcastle would be too strong, but I’m thinking either a 2-2 draw or Spurs to edge this in injury time. They need this if there is a strong hope in pinching 4th.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Tugay is God
              Participant

Due something good? You’ve just won 6-1 away in your last game!

Chucky, thats one game. I’ve watched them a lot this season and some of the football has been really good. Sometimes the gameplan has to be be solid and win though. Pragmatic and has got them in the top 4.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Ye agree tugay, Newcastle have being very good at times.

Utd should be beating Brighton and I expect a utd v city final

If miveroool don’t beat forest then wow!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

We’ll agree to disagree, cyber chum, but they’ve always seemed very defensive and hitting on the counter… their very decent recent run I think is just covering over the fact they had a 11-11-4 type record, less than a 40(ish)% win rate with a lot of draws…

Or course, that could have been the plan all along, don’t lose and rack up the points and see what happens in the run-in, and have to admit it’s been effective… but that’s not convincing me they’re a “good” footballing side.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Spoke to a United fan today at work and he’s not feeling confident about Brighton; Center back crisis and the calamity too from last night!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

WTF?? 2-0 to the Saints!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Been pretty overwhelmed and WhatsApp has been flying.

So much resemblance and reminders of when Liverpool played Saints and St Mary’s 2019 and being a goal down.

It’s simmered a great deal on the back of the Storm. Believe it’s been a Thrilling First half.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

There’s something very familiar about all this…..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Oh Man. Sorry State Of Affairs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Mikus LFC
                              Participant

The inevitable happening in the title race.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

A spirited comeback but that’s 3 in 9 for Arsenal with City next.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

What we have landed to stop Man United over the last in years is Chelsea and Manchester City.

There should be other competition. Is that really a good thing if City win it once again. Then a Champions League and an FA Cup? Should we laud them and Haaland???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Luckydestiny
                                    Participant

FFS why the hell didn’t I realise this game was on tonight 🀣

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Gunners should be Fine providing they don’t lose Wednesday.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Saliba missed it’s apparent because of his presence and command; but I’ve been impressed too with Rob Holding. I think it’s just the tension and the anxiety combined with the over excitement in wanting to get in front understandably due to the pattern of draws that’s costed points.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Luckydestiny
                                          Participant

Nil, arsenal have to beat city now mate, a draw would would mean arsenal would be on 76 points with 33 games played vs City on 71 points with 31 games played. If both teams win all remaining games and draw with each other city will win title.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.