Home Community General Football Week 26….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

So juicy games this weekend to look forward too… the pressure starting to mount for all!!!

A nice Middle East Derby to kick things off… can the Bone Saw Boyz overcome their recent wobble in the League or will Innocent City keep on rolling? Wouldn’t normally watch, but pretty sure I don’t have anything else to do… πŸ™‚

Can only see wins for the 2nd and 3rd best teams in London, who bloody knows what the best team in London (and the Prem’s current “form” side!) will do… despiste the rags determination to condem us Cock’s in the “season falling apart” catagory (really? 4 wins from 5??)! Got to love the red-tops!!

And to round it all of, a clash of the titans Sunday afternoon… the form book would suggest YooUtd, but who knows? Pool are showing a bit of leg… would like a YooUtd win to be honest, but then again, a Pool win would be fun too!! Might have to watch that one with one eye in here, probably better action than on the pitch! πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Hard to see any of City, Arsenal, Chelsea dropping points, which at least means Newcastle will drop another 3. Brighton likely to keep up the pace with another home win. Spurs could have a tricky time away at Wolves. Fancy a draw there.

Really nervous about Sunday. Utd are a world away from the side who went there last season and were torn apart under Rangnick. That we go there and people can’t call the game shows how far we’ve come in a short time. Liverpool are just coming into form at the right time but there’s an argument that form matters little in this game. I’m not going to say I fancy us but we have a chance to take something there and it’s a long time since I last said that.

Incoming post from Sean:

“Utd will beat us easily. No chance of us getting top 4”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

If Liverpool beat us, they’re only 7 behind and we’d definitely have to start looking over our shoulder. I maintain that I think Liverpool will get top 4 and a win would certainly set them up for getting that, particularly if Spurs and Newcastle drop points. A Utd win would all but secure top 4 for us I think. I wouldn’t expect us to get caught if we win this one. Huge game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

All about who can show a bit of consistancy between now and the end of the season… take my Cock’s, which is the real version? The team that beats Innocent City and Jammy Dodgers? Or the team that lost to Foxy Ladies and Sheffield recently? Obviously I want the former… πŸ™‚

Still fancy our chances… we have arguably the easiest run-in of the sides battling for the CL spots.. and our “record” over the course of the season suggests a slight “flat-track bullies” record… the vast majority of our loses are against “TOP6” sides…

And we’re still waiting for last seasons Sonny to show up… the next 14 games or so would be a good time to do it!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Utd 1-0

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              threeps
              Participant

Was going to say a utd win based on form but after seeing Sean’s predictions and his track record with them it’s now nailed on for a Liverpool win.

If Liverpool can play with intensity, like with have done against City for example but all too infrequent this season, then we can win.

I questioned their signings at the time but I’m starting to like the Nunez and Gakpo roles, albeit in positions you’d associate with the other. Whether they were signed to play like this or Klopp stumbled across it when looking for solutions I don’t know but it’s working well. Maybe it’s more obvious now to others why I questioned an advanced forward (Nunez) in the no 9 position compared to a deeper striker (Bobby but also now Gakpo) in a 433.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Ye fair points threeps but I think NuΓ±ez left is sometimes to far from goal at times. He’s our biggest threat at the minute. Gakpo looks very tidy and looks really good in the bobby role

We have played with a more advanced nine in jota many times and that worked. He never dropped short to link up the play so that was always my argument to people.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

The problem is we play good in 20 min patches these days. We don’t do it for 90 minutes. Henderson has to start to help taa. Gakpo in for jota.

I’d take a draw but think it be a very narrow defeat in a very boring game

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Reckon we’d both happily settle for a draw Sean. A no/low scoring draw is probably the most likely result

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

There’s traces and I mean traces of the form we exhibited last season. Salah came up with a goal on Wednesday, but that’s rare. When you formulate a front 3 that’s lasted years and one of your best player moves on, the challenge is to try and recreate that, which Klopp obviously hasn’t found straight forward.

Nunez is now starting to improve on the left-side. What we should consider is other qualities he can bring such as his pace and service-supply.

The Defending has improved and Stefan Bajcetic has been an absolute breath of fresh air.

We are however facing what I believe now to be a Top Quality Manchester United side and first time in years, since I’ve seen a more better oiled machine. There is a lot more belief, confidence, poise and resilience about them.

A game where will show exactly the Barometer of where both sides really are. A win would them at Anfield would really shatter our feelings of any aspirations this remaining part of the season, and a win for them for take them beyond Cloud 9.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Who’s the Referee I wonder? Hope no Paul Tierney. Anthony Taylor, not sure; as soon as he goes to view the monitor, he’ll reverse his decision lol πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          threeps
                          Participant

Sean you’ve mentioned Jota before but I remember a lot of critism when he played central because of his lack of involvement or inability to press well so not sure why you use that as an example. Things along the lines of if he isn’t scoring (and he doesnt much for for a while) what else does he do?

In the past we never when full throttle for the full 90 minutes it’s impossible to keep up but we did for much longer than now. We still spend too much time with slow, ponderous passing. We saw in the last game when we do go more direct we get rewards, Salah’s goal and the disallowed Nunez one.

The players do seem a lot tighter together than a few weeks ago which might explain the upturn in the defence. When players come back into form or vice versa there’s usually a good reason why.

Need to be fired up from the first minute and abandon this slow possesion style or keep to a minimum when the players need a breather or to wear Utd out a bit.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Luckydestiny
                            Participant

Ed, hard to see chelsea dropping points?

Bit early to be drinking mate 🀣

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chelsea1967
                              Participant

This will be the breaking point for Potter if we lose this one at home to Leeds. I don’t know what to think any more. Surely if we lost this one he’d be out the door before the return leg v Dortmund so we can get the usual bounce and hopefully a great win. Stick John Terry in as Caretaker coach or even Frankie Lampard (if he’d consider it notwithstanding his past sacking) to at least give us some hope ahead until a permanent replacement is found and put in place.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Luckydestiny
                                Participant

67, if he is to be sacked before end of season it will happen after dortmund game imo.

I got a ticket for dortmund game and expect him to be in dug out for it regardless of Leeds result. If we go out to dortmund which is very likely then I think all bets are off, he could be sacked before I get back home πŸ˜†

I have always said I would give him until end of season and review then, but without a big turn around in results I cant believe he will be at Chelsea next season.

Would take a miracle now but just like the ramones, I believe in miracles πŸ˜†

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

You’ll be fine, Nepolean, even a broken clock is right twice a day… law of averages says you’ll win tomorrow and all will be Jammy Dodgers all round!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Luckydestiny
                                    Participant

Banjo, we should be full of confidence mate it’s embarrassing to be nervous coming up against teams like Leeds 😳

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

How to you think us Spuds feel? We never know what version of what team will show up! Still find it highly amusing we’re 4th despite being up and down like Buffy’s knickers!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

I use it as an example as you have said many times that it’s not about individuals (when we discussed nunez), it’s about how the team performs and jota was number 9 in a team performing very well and winning games. Very valid point.

I agree about the passing being very slow. We saw this to the extreme v palace.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          threeps
                                          Participant

“Who’s the Referee I wonder? Hope no Paul Tierney. Anthony Taylor, not sure; as soon as he goes to view the monitor, he’ll reverse his decision lol”

It’s Andy Madley apparently who is from Huddesfield. Tierney or Taylor would have been a nightmare.

Sean the team did well with Jota for a short time but not as well as most expected/wanted, hence the negative comments towards him. Personally I wouldn’t use that as a barometer of a successful tactic.

If you play 433 with a high intensity press playing an advanced forward means you lose him to press the DM. This then means one of the middle 3 has to do IT, leaving you man light in middle. With a deeper no 9 you effectively have 4 players pressing in the middle.

Advance forward works well as the focal point of attack in a 4231 which it seems the guys over at TT are all demanding but that would leave massive questions over the likes of TAA and Salah (who has always switched to the no 9 when we played 4231 as there’s no space for his type of AMR) and questions about the press. This is why I questioned signing Nunez as i dont want to switch to a 4231, but with Gakpo playing the deeper no 9 the 433 looks good giving nunez space to run in to.

My biggest gripe this season is we’ve not looked like a high intensity pressing 433 or a possesion based 4231 but with a little bit of both mixed together to create a complete mess of a tactic.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 124 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.