Home Community General Football Week 24: Midweek Mayhem

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 233 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

A full fixture list it seems, with the 2nd and 3rd best teams in London being the pick of the bunch, and possibly a must win game for the goonies if they are to have any aspiration for the Top4.

And I’ll call it now, a must win for my Spuds if they want to have any hopes of getting Top4 either, especially as Sheffield and Wolves both have tough fixtures too against the Moneybags and the Champions.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Chuky, as you say, full fixture list. Madness these mid winter evening games. I would like them all played 12 noon on a Saturday or Sunday but that will never happen. As to the game, well you have Norwich at home…you are the moneybags for that game….it is all relative!!!! Arsenal v Chelsea it will either be 0-0 or 4-4!!!!! Enjoy the game

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        D1rtyH4rry
        Participant

Wolves and Sheff utd both playing City midweek Chucky?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Hey Double B, you’re not wrong cyber chum, it is all relative (but your mob did put the moneybags in moneybags, much to Chelsea’s disdain! πŸ™‚ ) As for the “Best of the Rest” London Derby, the only crumb of comfort I get is knowing one lot are going to lose and there will be tears before bedtime. Of course, the footballing Gods will make it a draw just to spite me. Hopefully, there’ll be 6 red cards instead!! And lots of VAR nonsense with a bit of luck!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

I think we will drop
              Points in Thursday with a draw at wolves

1st time ive thought that in a while

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

I know what you mean Sean, Wolves are a tough team who are always full of beans (particularly at home) and you need to be on top of your game against them. And it will have been hard for many of our players to not have got caught up in some of the hype over recent days. I know Klopp and others will be good at keeping their feet on the ground, but we do need to start being more clinical. Missed too many good chances yesterday. Shaqiri fit yet? Could do with him being available as well as having him keep the pressure on the front 3. Good to have Fab back tho, some of our midfielders could do with a break.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Shaq is available for Thursday mak

Traore is the worry. He’s really come on this season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Traore is a beast, is there a team who wouldn’t want him??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Mikus LFC
                    Participant

Klopp conceded in the last game against them that you need 2 men on him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

Watching the Stoke West Brom game, and as you know I’m quite fond of playing with words, and with that in mind I’d really like to see Stoke win a trophy, just so the players could bring their families onto the Wembley pitch.

It’s a headline writers dream, Sam Clucas with his wife and kids, walking round the pitch or as they’d be know the Clucas Clan…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Had to read that 6 times before I got it!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

On another note, bit miffed it’s the FA Cup this weekend, the thread title, bearing in mind Saturday is the 25th of January needed to be β€œGame Week xx, Liverpool on fire, Burns night for for everyone else”……Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Traore has come on a bit alright, i still wouldn’t rate him enough to want to buy him though. The problem for us is that he does really well against the top sides. he does almost nothing to teams outside of the top 6.

He’s going to be a problem for us and especially with the game being away, we’ve definitely got to be better (yes I’m saying this) up top.

I know that we had to make sacrifices in offense in order to be a more solid team defensively but we still have these 3 brilliant players up there. They are getting loads of chances and half chances but they aren’t doing enough with them. In terms of the score-line, we’ve won so many games by the skin of our teeth. Wolves very easily could have gotten a draw at Anfield, so naturally this is a troublesome fixture.

We’ve got to have a better final ball, or be more clinical. Both really.

Sean, I was very worried about this match back when I was talking about the 5 game block. In that time we’ve won 4 and Wolves have lost 2 and drawn 1. The Wolves team have heart and were so fired up against us at Anfield. So maybe that form doesn’t matter so much but I’m not quite as worried now, however I COMPLETELY understand why you’d think we will draw here.

It’s going to be really tough to come away with 3 points. After my admission that the PL title is almost certainly going to Anfield and so many others doing the same, a loss here would definitely be interesting for the neutrals.

The thing is though, we’ve put 4 very tough games behind us, banking maximum points. After this match we have the following fixtures :

West Ham (A)
                              Southampton (H)
                              Norwich (A)
                              West Ham (H)
                              Watford (A)
                              Bournemouth(H)

Things have changed since of course, West Ham have a new manager and Watford are kicking ass but I look at these fixtures and i can see us getting maximum points, or very close to that. Each match that we win, is more runway for City behind them. I really hope we don’t take a loss but I think we can afford a draw.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              steveosnakeeye
                              Participant

hopefully we can get another 3 points against chelsea!
                                no confidence we will but we have shown we can beat them and they are in poor form too
                                norwich to win by a meeeeeeeeellllliiiiiion

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Mak, I’ll choose my words carefully, but can we please put in depth posts about the next block of LiberoOol’s games on the LiberoOol’s thread? Comments about the Wolves game, fair enough, but the rest? Hmmm…

Contrary to Spit The Carragher’s opinion, I don’t think there’s that many non-LiberoOol’s fans that bothered by the “title” race (as it doesn’t exist!).

Peace, love and cyber hugs… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Can only see Chelsea beat arsenal

Arsenal still just look so soft. Conceding silly goals. Boating would have been a good signing just to help the defense until the summer

All the centre backs are poor. I like miles but he’s not a right back. Kolansic is just poor

Huge rebuilding job for are Arteta

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Yer dead right Chucky. I may have posted this in the wrong thread by accident. Sorry boys πŸ˜›

Well, I started out kinda responding to Sean etc, so more like I mistook it for the other or something. It’s obvious that I may need a cup of coffee.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Agree Sean. Don’t think Arsenal have changed much at all barring the odd spell in the first couple of games. Chelsea, despite their own indifferent form, should have too much for them at home. If Arsenal do lose, could they be dragged down into a fight for PL survival? Surely not

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

I tend to agree with regards to Chelsea V Arsenal. The loss to Newcastle was a really bad result. i didn’t see the game but come on, Newcastle are rubbish. there’s no excuse for losing to them… besides perhaps “just an off day” but Chelsea have some wishy-washy form.

That said, they win a lot more games than Arsenal, they have so much attacking talent in that side. Lampard is I guess currently going through the post-honeymoon period. He’s got a team to assemble and refine. For me, there’s a good team in there and even through this time, they’ve still won 3 from the last 6, which is a lot better than Arsenals 1.

it’s hard to imagine Arsenal in a relegation battle but I guess it’s possible. They are only 7 off the bottom 3 now… wow.

I think Leicester might snap out of it and start beating teams again, so look out West Ham. Sheffield Utd at home to City won’t be easy for either. Some cracks showing in Sheffield’s armour though, so I won’t get my hopes up too high.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chelsea1967
                                          Participant

Geez Mak that’s an awesome run of matches right there. All things going to plan and the others dropping points for fun Liverpool should be about 30 points clear at the end of it πŸ™‚

Oh and the ” I really hope we don’t take a loss but I think we can afford a draw.” I’m still pissing myself laughing!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Chelsea1967.
                                            • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Chelsea1967.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 233 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.