Home Community General Football Week 20ish: Mid-week Mayhem.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

There are games scheduled for sure, but how many will actually take place? Only a knackered Santa know’s the answer… no “Top 6” clashes but plenty of if’s and but’s with regards to sqauds and rotations… certainly a few potential banana skins around…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Rover
      Participant

Don’t think too many share this opinion but all 3 current top clubs keepers are overrated, ok they pull off some gold saves but all those bloopers in between should also be judged.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Don’t know if I would agree with that with regards to Mendy and Alison, but I’ve always had question marks over Ederson… he might be great with the ball at his feet (and I wouldn’t nessecarily agree with that, either!), but I think he’s a distinctively average goalie. Been MoneyCity’s weak link for years.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Blaze
          Participant

Keepers of today from what I seen are no match for yesterday’s keepers talking about before the Epl started.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

The players are being pushed beyond their endurance levels by the PL due to Covid,injuries and with only 3 substitutes being allowed.

We are seeing players being rushed back into 90 minutes of action straight after finishing their Covid isolation and players returning from injury are being forced to play 90 minutes too soon to cover for Covid and injury effected players.

If the players were race horses this wouldn’t be permitted.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Strongly disagree. I think people are mis-remembering how good these past keepers were and also not including the fact that goals are bigger now and that duties of these keepers are higher also.

Alisson made a mistake for one of the goals the last day but is it his fault that the team were relying on him to bail them out over and over? He’s not superman, he plays a dangerous style of keeping, extremely well. Just like Liverpools high line (that everyone keeps wishing they wouldnt do), Alisson takes on extra risk in order to improve our ability to attack.

I honestly don’t see what is complicated about it and he’s the best keeper in the world IMO. Each to their own I suppose.

I dont think he’s rubbish when he makes a mistake though, he’s human and his positioning, shot stopping and ability to come out for and play the ball out, are unmatched by current keepers and on the whole, I dont see one in history that i’d prefer to have in our system.

It amazing me that people don’t rate him up there with the best ever.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Goals are bigger these days…..

You still on the Chritmas sherry?? 🙂

Anyway, you had one job YooUtd, one job!! The Bone Saw Boyz are slowly but surely creeping towards safety… and with the January window opening soon… starting to think they might just squeeze out the bottom 3!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Rover
                  Participant

Mak check the lists of the 50 greatest keepers ever which I think is quite accurate give or take a couple of positions, quite rightly no current EPL keeper makes it. Yes there are also previous Liverpool keepers that make it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Rover.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

So far, from what I’ve seen, I’d say Ramsdale at the Goonies has been keeper of the season… certainly been the busiest for sure of the so-called top teams… he’s been keeping them in a lot of games.

Now I’m going to go and wash my mouth out.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Blaze
                      Participant

Very very unlucky Newcastle, anyway let’s hope this may be the start to regain your EPL status.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Rover
                        Participant

Can’t believe how Newcastle didn’t win this one, they had so many chances, what is strange was the sudden massive improvement.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Rover
                          Participant

Yes Chucky you could be right about Ramsdale though De Gea also has been saving United in recent times. The likes of Ederson, Alison, Mendy are playing with teams that dominate possesion so they can’t do much wrong.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Last night was a combination of Newcastle improving under Howe and United being really poor, still a long way to go for Newcastle though, last season Fulham finished 3rd from bottom on 28 points and it looks like the required points totals may be low again but to finish on 30 points which should/could be enough Newcastle will still need to average a point a game between now and the end of the season.

I still think it will all come down to whether Newcastle can get the players they want and need in in the January window if they have a successful January window they’ve got more than half a chance of staying up.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Adlab
                              Participant

Once again Ronaldo escapes a red.
                                Reputation makes a difference! Kane? Ronaldo? in recent games.
                                Varane? Sancho?Grealish? not justifying the huge fees as yet.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Newcastle be kicking themselves. Utd were dreadful. Maguire really has been abysmal. In fairness varane is only back. Were is the ragnick press? Ferndes on the left of a two? Rashford on the right?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

You would think the Bone Saw Boyz have turned the corner, and there’s certainly a case of suggesting they’re getting their act together, but all the teams above them have numerous games in hand… going to be some big 6 pointers in the 2nd half of the season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Still only one win in 19 games for Newcastle and that was one nil v Norwich and Newcastle probably need at least an average of a point a game going forwards.

Had it not been for the takeover giving Newcastle the transfer funds I wouldn’t give them a prayer but if they buy well in January and are able to get in the the players they need they’ve got a chance.

I think Newcastle have improved under Howe but I wouldn’t say they’ve turned a corner just yet but there’s hope based on the improvement in form and Newcastle’s ability to potentially buy their way out of trouble in the January transfer market but getting players to agree to join them given where they are now won’t be easy though and I can see loan deals with an option to buy in the Summer with some players fearful of joining and ending up in the Championship.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

The United Manager didn’t like it. He can’t straight away get a tune out of his players. But now (if not already) is more evident players aren’t performing to their capabilities. They should be putting Newcastle away. The FA Cup can be used to experiment by trying different players. What Rangnick needs ultimately is players fighting for that United badge.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Teams are in and I like the look of our line-up, nothing is a “gimme” in the Prem but I will be very disappointed if we don’t get the three points here… and now I’ve jinxed it!! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

I think Spurs are now looking good under Conte for a top 4 spot and no Europa Conference League will help them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 118 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.