Home Community Liverpool Watford v Liverpool

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just breathing some life into the old Liverpool section. I’ll just say that I don’t think we can take this for granted at all. Watford are a capable side and if we don’t treat them with respect we might lose our first match of the season.

I still think we’ll win it but I’ve gone for 2-1. I don’t see there being much in it but if we can win and keep a clean sheet then fantastic but the 3 points are 99% of what matters right…

In other threads and pages, I’ve talked about how I’d Start Solanke. I havent changed my mind there but I dont think Klopp will go for it. Can we get away with the 4231 though is the question. Are we getting better with it… Looking at the players that we have available and of course, 2 of them are Klopp purchases this last window.. Is it finally time to start Keita and Fabinho together? I think the answer to this will have come from training sessions. We just cant know how horrible or complimentary that could be in the early stages.

Alisson
      Trent – Gomez – Van Dijk – Robertson
      Wijnaldum – Fabinho
      Salah – Keita – Mane
      Solanke

Is that a completely shite team? Maybe! I mean there are quite a few potential problems here. Trent hasn’t played well enough to start, maybe. Fabinho is rumoured to be on his way out of the club already (i hope this isnt true but its a weird rumour to actually ask the manager about so soon.. its weird enough to be true). Keita has been hot and cold but we’re desperate for him to offer us some dynamism and penetration.

Solanke is probably the biggest no-no there and I’ll admit that it looks off not seeing Firmino in there but he’s got 2 goals in 12 PL matches. I think Solanke has goals in him. I’m not basing this on the back of the England U23 games but this is my general feeling about the guy, ever since the end of last season.

Im expecting a different side to the one I named!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

So am I, Mak!. If Klopp plays 4-2-3-1 it would surely have to be Shaq who starts rather than Solanke, and I doubt very much Keita will start. I actually think it may well be the tried and trusted midfield of Gini, Hendo and Milner, and everyone else as expected, though I agree with you about Trent. He played better for England the other day than he has for us all season! It’s a shame I no longer have my mole at Anfield! Remember how he always came up with the right team the night before the game? I can let the secret out now…it was Lucas…or that is where the leak originally came from, and when he left my source for exclusive info disappeared to Italy with him!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

WATFORD

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Why do Watforjd get their own thread for games?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Oz Yob
            Participant

Can honestly see us dropping points in this one. We haven’t been playing well, esp away from home & I’ve got a bad feeling about the game. They will be no pushover & I just hope our attack picks up a couple of notches. I get trying to be more stable at the back but I was a lot more confident with these tricky games last season as you knew the opposition would have to score 3 or 4 to win. Be interesting to see how we approach this one.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Hightown, you let it slip after Lucas left but others didn’t seem to notice your post, or they didnt say a word anyway but ya, was pretty sweet to have that info. As for Solanke up top.. it’s a huge stretch and you know Klopp will have Salah or Firmino up there. I’ll be happy if Solanke gets 15+ mins. If he isn’t on the bench tomorrow then Klopp has no plans for him I feel. 4 goals in U23s sould get him there if he has any hope at all.

Ya Aussie, I’m slightly worried by this one too. I’m having second thoughts about the team that I “hoped” to see, it’s too flawed.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Liverpool have been riding on some serious luck this season so I except them to win.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

Mak, I dont think Solanke is too bad a shout. He is full of confidence after 4 goals for England U21 and I’d sooner trust him than Sturridge. Sturridge should be an impact player for the last 20 mins when the oppositions legs are tired.

Watford play a possession 4-4-2 which you’d think would be ideal for our pressing game to face. I think if we have two sitting midfielders they should cope then that would leave our “no 10” with a lot of space between their lines. Last match they played Isaac Success and Deulofeu up top which are both pacey forwards but Gomez and VvD have plenty of pace themselves. They also have Troy Deeney as an alternative but don’t think our defenders are easily bullied by such players anymore.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

What luck is that moos?

Fulham maybe but very right decision. Iโ€™ll give you that one

The goal we got at aresnal clearly on side.

Chelsea should have had Alonso sent off for 2nd booking againest bournemouth when game at 0-0

Jorginho should have been sent off againest everton

Kompany should have been sent off againest burnley
                      Sane ball out of play v burnley

I think the bigger teams get the decisions againest the so called lower teams

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Liverpool easy 2-0. Watford are limited. Ok v lower teams but they will not cope witn Liverpool pace.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Adlab
                        Participant

Sean on balance I agree. Look at the 50:50 decisions Utd used to get when SAF was in charge particularly v the lower teams.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Oz Yob
                          Participant

Threeps Iโ€™d agree if it was last season but we arenโ€™t playing the high press this season. Iโ€™d love to see us go back to those tactics v the so called lesser teams & play more compact v the big guns. We really still should have enough to win but Iโ€™m uneasy about it. We have been doing just enough to beat teams but I canโ€™t see it continuing like this with us playing like we have been.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Oz Yob
                            Participant

Good win that, didnโ€™t expect a 0-3 score line thatโ€™s for sure. Didnโ€™t see the game but looking forward to watching the replay. Great to pick up the 3 points after Chelsea dropped points. Spurs looked really good in the highlights. Very sad to see manu drop points as well. Bar c$ty, who WILL run away with the league & I think will go undefeated or very close to it, it has been a pretty good weekend for results for LFC.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Threeps, I agree with all of that BTW. I’ve not been impressed with Sturridge as a starter but I was really disappointed to not see Solanke on the bench at all. Could Klopp not have made space for the striker who is off the back of scoring 4 goals for his country? I think that speaks volumes, unfortunately. I guess he’s not in his plans at all and I really don’t get it. The last few times Solanke played for us, he showed genuine promise and I would go further and say, even development. I will usually find that I agree with most things Klopp does but not on this.

As for the result, absolutely brilliant. It’s just a shame that it was such a dull match really. It didnt help that I was really tired watching it, so that may have exaggerated it for me but the vital thing is we got the result.

I know there is a lot of Henderson dialogue ATM… maybe not here so I’ll say it but I was really pissed off with him. Honestly, it’s like he decided to get sent off. I’m not saying that this was the case but he was so stupid and undisciplined that you could almost be forgiven for thinking it. Right after that of course Watford could have scored and they really came at us then… I tell you, if they did score I’d have hit the roof. I won’t say any more than that now because honestly, we won and kept a cleansheet, so it wouldn’t be useful in any way.

man city might well run away with the PL but we’re at the very least delaying it. They may well go undefeated. I think we’ll struggle to contain them when we play them again. Without the pressing game, we no longer have their number. We just have to focus really hard on collecting every point on the table.

PSG next, which will be an incredible test. I guess Hendo has to start that but I think we’ve got to give Keita some minutes too because he’ll now probably be starting the derby and that just has red card all over it for me.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                threeps
                                Participant

I think most LFC fans would be disappointed with Henderson, the second yellow was stupid and completely avoidable. Not only could it put us under increased pressure but he will also miss the derby next weekend. Up until that point, he played ok, breaking up a number of attacks and keeping us ticking over in midfield.

Thought the front 3 made another step towards last years form, which can only bode well for the rest of the season if they keep improving

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Treeps, itโ€™s a very good win mate

We are oatoabd very solid. The best thing is the change at the back. So solid and organized. Excellent 3 points but city wow! Just on another level

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

And what a free kick by Trent. He’s been so poor for us this season, so it was good to see him strike like that. As for Hendo, well, what can one say…I bet Davinci is loving it! Milner or Fab in next week rather than Keita, I would think.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Mikus LFC
                                      Participant

Klopp remember, has previously admitted that his philosophy is to entertain first, with the result second (though he’d have argued that entertaining well would lead to a good result). So what’s happened this season to Klopp?? Has he really adapted to the league and adapted his philosophy?? Or has something else happened?? I’d actually argue for the latter. There’s no doubt that we have much better playing staff at the back which has transformed the defence – and whilst Klopp has helped to bring those players in, and is no doubt happy with all these wins, I’m not sure the *way* we are currently playing and attacking was part of his plan at the start of the season. It’s all very makeshift in midfield and it’s broken the attacking flow of the front 3. That couldn’t have been part of his plan? Now of course we’re still doing enough to win games – but we aren’t doing enough to win the big top 6 clashes having drawn 3 and won 1. Klopp *cannot* be happy with that. Coutinho and Ox are two huge players that have yet to be replaced this season, and Klopp must be wary of that. If Liverpool are to overtake City, they need to find that person sooner rather than later. Surely Keita, our ยฃ65 million pound man, has to start getting some more games soon. As far as I’m concerned this team is only flying with one engine (the defence) and a spluterring second engine (attack). It may be enough to take down the lesser sides, but if it can’t blow the bigger sides down, you can forget any hope of a title. And as for this feeling that City are unbeatable – are they?? Imagine if Liverpool had the attack last season to the defence this season. I’d say we’d be at the top now, clear of City. We’ve got to seize this opportunity whist we’re still well in it!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Mikus, we are still creating plenty of chances. People were complaining we couldnโ€™t defend. Now we can.

What do people want? We are still good to watch. We have scored more goaks then this time last year

This time last season we played againest everton and wba and drew. We are solid now. Misfiled needs to be sorted but no way are the front 3 as stale as people are saying

I find it crazy that some people are being so negative

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

We beat spurs away. We drew with Chelsea. Really tough games

I was disappointed we didnโ€™t beat aresnal but come on. Itโ€™s a fantastic start and any other time we be too only for we are battling with some top teams and an unreal city team

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.