Home Community General Football United will need to spend more money to catch City as will everyone else!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Mourinho was right in what he said yesterday United will have to spend more money to have any chance of catching up with City from next season as will every other club with the ambition to catch up with City.

It’s not good for the PL that the title race is effectively over this season before the New Year and the chasing pack will need to get their acts together next Summer to ensure a more competitive PL next season because one horse races aren’t compelling viewing.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

There’s no questioning and the reason is because the money city have invested has been invested well. It’s easy to spend lots of money but you still have to buy the right players and that’s exactly what city have done. Mourinho hasn’t. The money he has spent United should be well ahead of the chasing pack.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Both spot on imho,you got to spend but spend well.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

I’m struggling to get my head around this and my reasoning is down to the array of players United are already equip with:

De Gea
            Matic
            Herrera
            Mkhitaryan
            Pogba
            Martial
            Rashford
            Lakaku
            Ibrahimovic

Is it really a case of wholesale changes or just fine tuning?

They’ve been pegged back which I find hard to pinpoint as to why but maybe it’s a matter of just simply being outplayed by Pep. Is Pep’s squad better or stronger? Maybe not, but he knows and is getting the best out of those players physical with their sharpeness/agility and quickness, that’s the secret.

He’s insisted I would imagine on those dropping their weight if it meant they would be enhanced in their speed – even by 5%. I don’t think a lot of the time Jose’s pragmatic approach does him any favours particularly when choosing 6-3-1. The whole idea this season was turning those draws into defeats.

Maybe there could be an area to work on ala the Defence, but they already have one of the best Keepers in the world. How much more buying can be done against 3 different Managers since Fergusons departure?

Rebuilding takes time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

All we seem to be saying here is very simply Maureen cannot coach a team, can only buy a team, and unless he has the biggest checkbook around he isn’t actually going to win much.

As the City boys have mentioned, Pepe may have bought a fair few players, but he’s also immeasurably improved players already there. The YooUtd boys can’t say that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

That’s absolutely true.

You need to be able to formulate a team with the right blend that will suit to the chosen playing style and also have the flexibility to other ways of playing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

United have been playing poorly since they beat Arsenal. Sure they got taught a footballing lesson by City but they had scruffy lucky wins vs West Brom and Bournmouth then further poor results. Sorry nine but I think you are falling right into Mouriniho’s trap of talking about money and not about how Uniteds squad under Mouriniho which cost 400m plus then lost to Bristol and scraped draws against Leicester and Burnley. Uniteds recent poor form is down to the manager not the lack of funds. Typical Mouriniho blaming everybody else for his own failings.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Well
                    Looks like Liverpool
                    Will spend 75m in vvd if the rumors are true

Few sources saying it’s done. Crazy crazy money but I thought 50m for Walker was crazy but it was money well spent.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Sean, that is really massive money for a player not doing that well. Do you think that Coutiniho money?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

I think defo gone in summer jim.
                        Vvd has done nothing this season. Has been good st all. We badly need a centre back though

If city offer more then he will end up there but some reports are saying a deal is done

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Honestly Can’t see City offering more or even coming close to that kind of money Sean. The reason being defensively we are pretty good and we just need a third choice centre half to help vinny so he wouldnt be first choice. Stones and Otamendi have been superb and ate first choice. Secondly clearly he is good but is he that good? He ended up at Celtic where arguably it is easier to look good in a awful league and has had what 1 and half good seasons at Southampton. However he could also be another Stones and Klopp could improve him and you certainly need to improve defensively. Jim

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          paul powers tash
                          Participant

We should of bought him for Β£8M from Celic Jim.Or swapped him for Denayer plus cash.
                            No way would I go more than Β£50M now.Good luck Liverpool,he could be the missing link
                            at the back?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            paul powers tash
                            Participant

VVD to Liverpool done

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/285500-liverpool-agree-deal-to-sign-virgil-van-dijk

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

Liverpool’s need defensively is far greater than ours. We have the best defense in the league. No way did I11 think we would ever pay 50m for a back up centre half let alone 75m.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

VVD to Liverpool is exactly what needed to happen the chasing pack of club’s have to buy top quality players to compete with City.

Hopefully the other chasing pack club’s follow suit because one team dominating the PL as City are now is not good for the PL were it to be ongoing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Big Jim-“City taught United a footballing lesson”,that was a few years ago mate with that 1-6,this time it was 1-2.
                                    Nil-Herrera has cost a huge fee true,but he is been very,very average and he should be on of the players needed to move on.Ibra is way,way, past his best,and Mikhi is just not working out,plenty of examples in the EPL,i.e.Markovic,Batsushayi,Perez,Janssen,Kagawa,Robinho,Bony,and many,many more.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Forgot the likes of Jo,Nolito,and a few more.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Whilst I get that Mourinho is unpopular with all but the fans of the club that he manages and then not even with all of them and that he can be antagonistic, a prize plum and a complete Arsenal at times but to suggest that a Manager that has won multiple League titles in 4 different countries with 4 different teams can’t Coach seems a bit foolish to me.

Ask Frank Lampard whether Mourinho can’t Coach and improve players and I suspect you would get a very short answer

I’m a massive fan of Pep’s but let’s not forget that it was only last season that he was being written off by many as not being able to cope with the rigours of the PL.

The time to judge Mourinho’s tenure at United will be when he moves on and not a season and a half into it in which to be fair he has won 2 trophies.

Personally I would much rather see City succeed than United but I also think it is foolish to write Mourinho off as a busted flush just yet.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

I agree nine. No way would I write Jose off yet but it’s a pathetic excuses. He’s spent millions and millions.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Pagan
                                          Participant

9, you can’t knock Jose’s record, I just think he lost all his likeability and humour when he sold his lucky coat after his second Chelsea title…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.