Home Community General Football Top 4 race

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Luckydestiny
    Participant

Title pretty much done and dusted, what are everyone’s predictions for top 4?

Given leicesters elimination from EL tonight I can’t see them dropping out, don’t see utd dropping out either.

For me it’s between chelsea and pool for 4th, my heart and money on my blues but it will be really tough. Of course its arrogant to dismiss West ham outright given they are above both at the moment too

For me top 4 will be

1) City
      2) Leicester
      3) utd
      4) chelsea

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Lucky, I still have a sneaky feeling Chelsea will get second as they have such momentum now during the Tuchel honeymoon period.

It’s going to be a fascinating race this year with so few points separating the sides.

I’m going for

1. City
        2. Chelsea
        3. Utd
        4. Liverpool

I just think Leicester will start to fall away and just miss out.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

I would love you both to be right, my heart says Chelsea but my head says ultimately Liverpool might find a bit of form that is sufficient enough to take a CL place with Chelsea just missing out.

But it’s a very difficult one to call this season of all seasons. The next 2 PL games for Chelsea at home to United and away to Liverpool are probably critical to Chelsea.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

Think 9 points in 13 games is alot for Liverpool to catch Leicester. My money would be on the top 3, plus Chelsea, sad to say!

But, hey, we’ll win the Champions League and sneak in to next year’s comp that way!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Luckydestiny
            Participant

Ed, I thought 2nd for chelsea at first as I believed we would finish prem much stronger than utd or Leicester, but if I was tuchel as long as we on track for top 4 the CL games would be priority and we may see a few more dropped points like vs saints as he rotates the team, and there is a 5 point gap.

Tuchel came 2nd in CL last year and will believe with a bit if luck this team can win it this year I think

Personally I think we may get a bit further in champs league but if we finish top 4 it will not be by a comfortable margin

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Difficult to see Liverpool
                Getting in top 4 on current form lads

It’s even difficult to see were our next win comes from

I think West Ham will fade as they have some tough games coming up but you never know as it’s been such a a strange season

City
                Utd
                Leicester
                Chelsea

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

With Utd going away to Chelsea, away to City and away to Spurs over the coming weeks, that’s easily 9 points we could realistically drop so it’s far from a certainty that any of the sides currently in the top 4 (bar City) won’t drop out. If Utd get through Chelsea and City games still with a bit of a gap, I’ll be more confident but that’s a big if.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Blaze
                  Blocked

I say though without confidence it will be: 1. City 2. United 3. Liverpool 4. Leicester or Chelsea

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Unless we start winning matches and putting on a consistent run, there’s potentially no Europe for us and we could finish outside the Top 6. I don’t feel overly downbeat about it and slight acceptance to our plight.

Maybe the ‘eject’ would do us good; almost a detox from the last few years. What should be taken into consideration aside the 2 Elite Trophies won in successive seasons is that we were in the CL Final 2018 and the year before that we were in the Europa League Final, plus the League Cup. More trophies could have been added under Klopp’s reign. He’s done remarkably well under his tenure.

It may do us good for a proper RESET next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

City
                        Utd
                        Chelsea
                        Liverpool

But if I was sure I would bet!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

I’d rather qualify by winning the CL.😊🀣😊🀣

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Nine….City v Chelsea in final?? Do not think that would go down well at URFA!!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Be a good Final Brian.😊

Chelsea still have the massive task of getting past Atletico though plus what’s to come.

But you never know Chelsea weren’t the best team in the competition in 2012 and Liverpool weren’t the best team in the competition in 2005.

Sometimes it’s just meant to be.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Luckydestiny
                              Participant

Brian, you don’t want that we would break your hearts like utd did to us on pens, all the pressure would be on pep to deliver and he would go a bit crazy like he does for the big games and play some sort 181 formation with gundogan as false nine πŸ™‚

Joking aside would be delighted to see us in final no matter who we played and City would make great European champions

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Lets do it guys…..Chelsea v City…two Blue teams although we will be in Black I assume or White as they have played recently. Anyway, it would be a good final…not seen a bad game between the two sides yet

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Luckydestiny
                                  Participant

Lol Brian, from Chelsea POV can’t agree with that last bit as the 6-0 a couple of seasons ago was certainly a bad game πŸ™‚

I do think it would be a great final Brian

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Lucky…even the 6-0 was entertaining and if I remember Chelsea did try and play, I was at the match, doubt if anyoe could have lived with City that day but the match itself was good from both sides, sometimes it happens like this

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

Lucky…I also remember Chelsea thrashing us at the Etihad and Zols was applauded off the field even by City fans

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Luckydestiny
                                        Participant

Yeah city were magnificent Brian, and one of my fave boxing matches was Joe calzaghe against Jeff lacy, the punch count was like 1000 to 50 so you are right and it doesn’t necessarily have to be even to be entertaining in footie either, the only boxing fans who didn’t like that fight were lacy fans, and the only footie fans who couldn’t enjoy city that day were chelsea fans!

The thrashings are few and far between for either side though and like you I fancy city chelsea to be an amazing final if it were to happen

Fingers crossed and congrats on another step towards title today, west ham are no joke this year mate are they, fair play to them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Luckydestiny
                                          Participant

Ed, good shout re Leicester, their run in is far from cosy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.