Home Community General Football This man CR7

• This topic has 60 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea.man
    Participant

I have never seen a player carry a team like Cristiano Ronaldo is doing at Real Madrid. and he set a record by becoming the first players to score in 9 consecutive matches. people can say whatever they want about this guy. but he seems a class above the rest. and that second goal he has scored was a class, probably that goal of the tournament.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

He’s absolute Box Office.

He is one of the reasons why the Champions League still has that sparkle.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chelsea.man
        Participant

And can you imagine he is 33 and still destroying teams? some players are off the lime light when they are 30. this guy seems to be adapting his game year in year. he deserves whatever award he gets this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

My thoughts exact C/Man.

I think we can all agree, both Ronnie and Messi have been the Mantle-piece for a solid decade.

Ronnie’s capable playing as a pro quite easily up to 40, if not more. He really looks after himself well and when he’s on the pitch, he is as committed as ever.

I just love the fact that he can sparkle the way he did tonight against the very best teams in Europe.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            whoisbeni
            Participant

But could he do it against Watford

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Beni, great goal by Can but the Ronaldo goal tops off his fantastic scoring record in the CL this season too. Plus he’s 33.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Ronnie’s goal was pure textbook.

It just brought back in abundance, memories of what the competition used to feel like and that’s because there was a lot more stella type players who would deliver on the big occasion.

That goal was just a rebirth of Ronaldo – truly admirable.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

At least he didn’t fluke it off his shin like Rooney did!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

A fecking goal machine,no doubt about it! Messi being a ET makes CR7 the best in the world.We sold him on the cheap I tell ya! Only Fellaini comes close!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

At the time, that Rooney overhead kick was shown a lot on Sky Sport’s ads/’trailers’.

He didn’t really do a great deal in his career after that to live up to that moment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chelsea.man
                        Participant

Very surprised that some were knocking CR7 that he wasn’t a big game player when he was at United. And looking at it. He had an impressive record. And at 33 he is still doing it. When Rooney is no longer in the lime light.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Yeah looking at where they both are now, it’s hard to believe that Rooney was easily the better prospect at 18/19 of the two. Ronaldo deserves all the plaudits coming his way. Messi aside, he’s still head and shoulders above any other player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Ed… I just don’t think Messi is fit to lace cr7’s boots… don’t believe there is a comparison anymore.

While both are dodgy at filling in tax forms…

Ronaldo has simply been devestating everywhere he’s been on pretty much every pitch in all conditions.

He’s carried Madrid, to some degree untied and of course Portugal at the euros.

Head and shoulders above Zidane too. Lampard was as destructive in his pomp goal wise, but Ronaldo continues to deliver. Best player in the world for the last 40 years? Think that’s how he’ll be remembered.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Lampard, as good as he was, really shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as either RonnyII or Messi… I reckon we can all agree on that! πŸ™‚

Still prefer Messi myself, more “finesse” to his game, whereas RonnyII is seemingly more “power” based, although both are very skillful..

As for Looney, his career path went in a very different direction compared to the those two (or even Lampard for that matter!), which was shame. Looney did have a great career, no doubt (I certainly don’t feel sorry for him!), but it could have and should have been better I feel.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

Lampard should not be mentioned in the same century as CR7 and Messi.

442-Are you on the sauce m8 or just joking?Ed… Ed… I just don’t think Messi is fit to lace cr7’s boots… don’t believe there is a comparison anymore. Messi is not a human mate,an galaxy better,bigger,and ahead of CR7!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chelsea.man
                                  Participant

I don’t know where this narrative that Messi is better than Ronaldo came from. the Messi loving media has been feeding us this for along time. compare the two players, Ronaldo has done it both in the PL and Laliga, and is still doing it at a young age of 33. and impressively he has done it on the international stage. but still people will preach the Messi Gospel. that is hypocrisy in my opinion.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Guys, Comparitively speaking, Lampard was as effective at producing or scoring as Ronaldo in the EPL. Carried it on in a more competitive league too, but I get why people wouldn’t dare to compare. Its nothing more than food for thought. I just have that game on my mind where Lampard scored at the not camp with an outrageous effort Ronaldo or Messi would have been proud of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpRaMTmH-Y0

This is entirely subjective but Messi hasn’t dragged Argentina into any kind of decent finish at a championship or World Cup. Ronaldo has. Messi… na.. not for me, I think his performances are not at the same level as Ronaldo. Fantastic but not at his level.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

CHM-Messi makes everything happen,makes a team work,CR7 scores goals and has to have a team build to accommodate him.Messi is not human,people need to investigate him!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

Using Lampard or any other player in recent history in the same sentence as Messi,is a sin and should be punishable with having to spend a month in Siberia or Guantanamo Bay,simples!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

This Euro Final Cup International thingy that sets RonnyII apart from Messi, was that the one he didn’t actually play in, during the tournament were Portugal set a record for draws and scored about 2 goals? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.