Home Community General Football The Sunday league keeper

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Chelsea spent 75 million, Liverpool and Manchester City have spent oodles on them.
      Everton have a player between the sticks who looks like he’s from the Rymans premier, but what has happened to the keepers in the league.

IS someone putting olive oil on their gloves? How can West Ham come back to level from three nil down? Was there a Frenchman at fault between the sticks?

If anyone has seen where the keepers have gone from the premier league, I know a number of clubs looking for them and have posted rewards for their return.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

Well Liverpool spend oodles on a World class keeper, arguably the best in the World. City have a keeper that is perhaps World class also. England’s best keeper sits on the bench at Utd whilst a former World class keeper plays due to former glories (and probably to justify his enormous wage), but he is also a good keeper and will one day prove it at a higher level than Sheff Utd.

Not sure what you are trying to say. The PL has no good keepers anymore? Not true. That Chelsea overspent on a poor player and that Lloris is no longer any good. True, but not a fair reflection on the the rest of the league.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Threeps. Look at the scorelines coming back from the last three rounds, more a tongue in cheek comment. My take on it, all the keepers are making howlers and none look very settled. It’s making cracking viewing. There I was thinking Spurs were looking a good bet for the title at 3-0 up… Defensively a Jose side would sit that out… then the hammers bang in three… Madness I tell you… Keepers this season have gone AWOL… πŸ˜‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

I don’t think the crazy scorelines can be put on the keepers in their entirety. It seems every team now plays out from the back and I don’t think every team has the players to do so, so that has likely contributed. I’m pretty sure all of us have shouted “GET RID” at the TV recently!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

I think the style and tempo has contributed to how Keepers are reacting. To be fair, Lanzini’s effort was unstoppable.

Jose has experience managing in Serie A and it seems he was trying to engage his players in the second half to slow the game down. Klopp exhibited that in his players the season before as game management; something the team had learned.

You need a high quality defensive Unit. Although same may fairly argue, it starts from the keeper in which I agree, you have to have a balanced team.

In the midst of this, Adrian is still a concern to me. Teams that attack look to play a high pressing game so the ball stays as best as possible in one part of the pitch and the Keeper etc has less to worry about and do.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Nikeeee… I think the term is fly kicking. lost in the modern game, have a keeper who wallops it and player out of play shouting have it, or it bounces over his shoulder like Tim flowers… or that episode with the beach ball.

Comedy keeper… you dont know what you’re doing, who ate all the pies. Why did Southall look like he’d just woken up hungover in a cardboard box under a railway arch stinking from the night before?

Dimitri Kharine used to look like he’d fallen out of bed in his trackie B’s… and what about Nayim and Ronaldinho from the half way line?

Can we have these types of keepers back again or do we have to put up with this b-rate clanger comedy? Keepers need to own their mistakes better… Kepa looks like he wants to hold the hand of a lemming off a cliff when he concedes

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Haha, you left Barthez out there 442.

Liverpool have had their fair share of calamities – most recent in Karius. Scientifically, I’m trying to work out how they turn from good to really shocking.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Funny Nike, I wheeled off some of my idols from when I was a boy playing and the stick some of England’s keepers have faced as well over the years… thinking Forster and green and they were very excellent keepers… just when the goals fly in they look like passengers.

Should open this up and see what everyone’s favourite calamity keeper mistake we all have.

In goal, no one can hear you scream… except the pitch side mics in empty stadiums.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

As for keepers and bad form… look at de gea- looks like a circus clown as opposed to the lion tamer he once was.

Lack of form hits keepers in the goolies and then you get a ball kicked into them rushing out from goal. Tear inducing if your already five nil down twenty played…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      threeps
                      Participant

Favorite calamity, easy! Peter Enckleman in a derby in front of the opposition fans.

Edit: clip doesn’t show the Birmingham fan run onto the pitch and give Enckleman a rude hand gesture right in his face. If you’ve seen it you’ll remember it!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by threeps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Ladies and gents I present the keeper bobble excuse… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIAUTOFUNn8

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

Whilst as Threeps says you can’t blame it all on goalkeepers (no crowds are having a huge impact), I think things like social media have skyrocketed the hype associated with some players, and quite a few, quite simply, have started to believe their own hype and have thus taken their eye off the ball. What further compounds the problem is because there is a dearth of good players, more average ones are commanding transfer fees they can never live up to, and so this further screws the pressure on to them. And when you put these young kids in a huge limelight in front of a global audience and media with social media instantly reacting to it, you can’t be surprised when many start to crumble. It’s all very sad really, but it no doubt helps create a pantomime of it all and so keeps the masses entertained in another way.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Anyone see Lloris’ save today against Chelsea. worldie… Two very smart stoppers on display yesterday at either end of the bridge. Jose’s got his clean sheet calculator out.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.