Home Community General Football The PL title is in Spurs hands!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

……according to Adrian Durham on Drive time Talksport tonight. Based on United beating Liverpool and Spurs beating Burnley then the title is in Spurs hands according to Durham and they can win it on May 12th in their new Stadium.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I’ll have some of what he’s smoking, please!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

No it’s kosher Chucky if United beat Liverpool and Spurs beat Burnley then the title is actually in Spurs hands……..providing they win all their games from there.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

And if me mother was me brother then me goose would be called Lucy!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Ha, ha very true Chucky.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

I don’t think anybody in their right mind would rule out Spurs from what’s presented in the League Table, but for reasons, and mainly because both Man City and Liverpool have occupied Top Spot, the Spotlight has fallen on them.

Maybe Durham is pointing out something he believes in or maybe he’s just one good Salesman lol 😛

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Maybe Dumbdumb is a good salesman, I offered to by a Henry…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Am I missing something or is he 100% right? I mean, this is what “in our hands” means. By definition it is a statement that mathematically, control rests with X and this is true in this case.

If he hasn’t gone further and said “we’re favourites” etc then it’s all fair and correct.

The real issue for Spurs is that they have some seriously difficult fixtures to navigate but the fact remains that they are doing so well now and are still kinda under the radar, oddly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

From a factual point of view, yes, he is correct, but that’s a bit like me saying I could still marry Emilia Clarke on the basis that I’m still alive, or Prince Philip becoming this year’s Formula 1 Champion, Goldie becoming a Spuds fan, or Gooseman will reveal himself to be a duck-billed-platypus…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Durham is a shock jock and it’s his job to create stories and controversy to get listeners to phone in to Talksport.

Part of his rationale was that whilst both City and Liverpool would be toiling away in the PL because of the way fixtures fall Spurs have a three week break without a game and will be away on warm weather training whilst Liverpool and City are having to play lots of games whilst Spurs will return rested from their warm weather break.

What he says is mathematically true but it requires Spurs to win every game and United to beat Liverpool on Sunday and two of the games Spurs have to win are away to City and Liverpool.

Spurs have done very well to be where they are given the injuries and they’ve grabbed some fortunate last minute wins but I think most sensible Spurs fans know it’s still very unlikely that they can win the title.

But Durham says everyone else should be worried because Spurs can do it if this weekends results go their way and they will have blown it again if they don’t win it from there thus antagonising the whole of his listeners.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

It’s certainly not inconceivable for Spurs and you’d think now that we have reached this point of the season, realistically, Top Spot for grabs narrows down to 3 teams.

But we ‘had it in our hands’ in 1989 with something like 90 seconds to go, and you know the rest.

Fast-Forward to 2014, ‘we had it in our hands’ and guess what?!

This season, the ‘Large Lady’ will have to sing to tell us it’s over 🙂

I reckon though, the margin will be 1-4 points max or even goal difference might decide it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

Is everybody forgetting City? But,it would be amazing were Spuds to win it.I would join Kylie in getting pissed in Landan..

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Durham’s theory requires Spurs to beat both City and Liverpool away not completely impossible but unlikely imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

27-And Chelsea???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

Would be fantastic for the neutrals if it went into the last game of the season,with all 3 teams in it…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Mav, I’m not sure currently Chelsea will be Spurs hardest away game.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

….but here’s hoping!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Even if United vs Pool ends in a draw,if Spurs win against Burnley they would be only 3 pnts behind.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Only time the Chelsea lads get it up is when the Spud boys come to town… if I was a puppy I’d be bloody annoyed about that!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Ha, ha, Chucky except Chelsea are the most successful side in the PL in the last decade I think that takes a bit more than just being up for playing Spurs. #notonmywatch.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.