Home Community Man City The FA are "concerned" about City surrounding the referee.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

On each innstance who was the referee?
      Question 2 – Who does he say he supports?
      Question 3 – Is that true?

Question 4 – Is there a pattern?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

I’m not sure why one club are targeted on this subject, because in reality, they all do it.

I think as far as the concept of VAR goes, that’s where the Referee’s personal space shouldn’t be invaded along with being distracted by players either in protest or to influence a call.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

One club isn’t targeted though others including Chelsea have been charged and heavily fined for the same offence and it doesn’t matter who the Ref is and where he comes from it shouldn’t happen you don’t see it in Rugby and the FA are spot on in trying to stamp it out.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

9, they’re not trying to stop it, they’re just paying it lip service, if they really meant it they’d be telling refs to yellow card anyone that approaches them in those situations, and if it’s a second yellow so be it….. Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

pagan – they have done that but the refs dont go through with it. its like diving. so often the ref will just play on and not give a yellow card.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

Paxton, that’s where the FA need to step in and instruct the refs they have to do it, and use retrospective action if necessary. Basically it’s the weak governance of the FA…Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Pagan, that’s another story mate and I don’t disagree that the FA hwve to get tougher with offenders whoever they may be my only point was that City aren’t being unfairly picked on as other clubs inc Chelsea have been charged and fined just as City have.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Pagan
                  Participant

9, Chelsea fans went through it when they started winning things, the conspiracy theories, the plotting to knock the new boys down, it doesn’t exist, the FA are equally inept to all teams…..Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Ha, ha true enough Pagan.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Guys it is wrong to surround the referee even Anthony Taylor biased as he clearly is. Sorry I forgot. He supports Altrincham! The rest of his family supports………….we know who.

No. What should happen is like rugby only the captain can speak to the ref.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Adlab,so you think the ref is lying then? You are questioning his integrity. The very basis that makes him fit for purpose is something that you have evidence against? What is this evidence?

How do the facts back your case? And why do the FA allow this to continue?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

They only go after the clubs where they can extract money from. Has it happened in any other division?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Do you think it’s about the money? Won’t that go to charity anyway? I don’t think the FA will be allowed to keep any fines themselves.

Is it not more likely that they go after PL teams as that is where the TV audiences are? If the FA want kids growing up to respect refs they cannot allow PL games to show bad examples.

Kids follow the senior players in their actions on the field, good and bad. I think that is why the FA clamp down on it.

Let’s be honest here, no matter what clubs are involved, it’s pretty shitty to see.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

Alfie, when Man Utd were dominating, you lot constantly banged on about a conspiracy agaist you, the same happened with Chelsea fans and now the Man City fans are treading the same path.

As for the respect campaign from the FA, they tried to bring it in bottom up, which has failed spectacularly, as you say it needs to be bought in top down, any lip, arguing with the ref, any lack of respect, yellow card no question, if it’s a second yellow, so what.

It’s the only way they’ll stop it, but it’s the FA and they haven’t got the bottle to do it, so we’re stuck with what we’ve got…Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                goatistuta
                                Participant

Hmmm strange one this, isn’t there an issue with the fact our reds are inept and miss orrrrr allow option into games. One tackle is yellow (amber) the next is play on. I’ve been to countless games where shit refs get it soooo wringvits frighgening. We have all been there, the opposition have made 4 or 5 boarderline fouls but no card then your player makes s foul, WHACK yellow straight away. Our refs are really poor, hence none in World Cup!!

And we all sit there and say why don’t they explain their crazy decisions, they are untouchable!! Now we want them unapproachable as well? Really? Jeez that would make it even worst surely

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

goat, of course officials get it wrong so do players but it’s not about being unapproachable it’s about 6 or 7 players aggresively surrounding the Ref.

The FA, UEFA and FIFA need to bring a rule in that only the Captains can approach the Referee just as in Rugby.

Last Sunday Morata knocked the flag out of the Linesman’s hand because he didn’t agree with his decision there is just no respect shown to the officials.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Pagan
                                    Participant

Goat, I think you need to go and see some non professional/grass roots games, this confronting the ref doesn’t happen in cricket and rugby, yet it does in footy, and it’s the same kids playing, why? Because the kids see it on tv and therefore it’s acceptable.
                                      Violence from players and parents to officials is commonplace and in at least one case in Holland a few years ago, resulted in the death of the linesman.

As you say, mic them up as in rugby, but in order to do that you can’t have Neanderthal foootballers Effing and blinding over the PA system as the refs tries to explain his reasoning.

The respect campaign needs to be a top down initiative, with offenders booked and sent off for it. I’m sure the refs would appreciate it but I doubt the FA would back them up when there are multiple sendings off, as usual the FA talk a good job, but deliver very little…Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

I watch kids football at not under 8 and under 10 levels regularly and I’ve never seen any kids even challenge a Referee’s decision let alone surround the Ref.

The biggest problem in kids football is the parents on the line.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        goatistuta
                                        Participant

Pagan, seriously? If u don’t think I don’t watch/play Saturday/Sunday league mate yr cracked. I’ve played since I was 5, I’m 49 now, reasonable level as well, paid but not big pay lol

I’m tired of reffing at every level and my mates dad is a county ref and he is giving it up because he can’t be arsed with the threats from scroats. Only good thing he is a big guy who looks like he can handle himself so he doesn’t get too much shit but Colin his mate isn’t and he gets it all the time. Not good, needs to stop I totally get it BUT I still think a conversation and explanation from officials after games is REALLY required. They mess up, go home, start again the week after but we have to live with the aftermath and they don’t. I completely agree with a new global approach though otherwise little Johnny on Sunday morning thinks it’s ok at age 14 to noise up a grown man reffing his game and dad stood on the line shouting threats doesn’t really help does he???

It’s a mess, it really is

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Said it a billions times, until the players start playing the game in the spirit in which it was intended, not this cheating/whining/cockwombling nonsense that all players from all teams get up to, then having a pop at the ref’s is completely unfair in my humble opinion. How many times during a single match do we see players from both sides claiming corners/throw-ins, turning into Bambi when they approached the box, effing and whatnot to the officials etc…

I reckon we can all agree at some stage, a ref has probably given a Wrong decision on purpose because a player has pissed him off (not saying they should, mind you!), or overlooked something etc…

The ref’s job is made a lot harder than it really needs to be with the “win-at-all-costs” mentality (by that I mean blatantly cheating!) that has crept into the game. Players, managers, clubs, pundits and fans (yes, fans!) need to get their own act in order before they can realistically abuse the ref for getting shit wrong…

The “Wellbeck” against Milan is just another on a very long list of blatant cheating buy everybody. There was a great article somewhere, mocking how UEFA have opened a book on how the cat got on the pitch during the Byern game mid-week (amusingly was voted MOM by the fans!) yet Wellbeck is in the clear for what was most certainly a game/tie changing event. At the time Milan (no angels themselves) were right back in that tie.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.