Home Community General Football The European Super Cup 8pm 14/08

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Always nice to play in because it means you’ve won a major European trophy.

But this season of all seasons Chelsea could probably do without it as it leaves them facing a very good Liverpool team even better on the transition than United with Liverpool having had two days extra rest having played on Friday with Chelsea still likely to be without a number of key players.

I’m hoping for a good Chelsea performance whoever is selected and for Chelsea to be a bit tighter than they were on Sunday when they conceded possession if not I fear the worst.

The best Chelsea can probably hope for is a narrow defeat, another big defeat might damage moral ahead of another tricky PL game at home to Leicester on Sunday who are probably one of the main competitors who Chelsea will be fighting it out with for a top 6 place.

The game is live on BT Sport from 7pm: Chelsea fans will have their tin hats on and be watching it from behind the sofa.?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

I don’t think yesterday’s result was good for Liverpool going into this game nine.

Lampard will be looking for a massive response after yday.

I think it be a tough game.

It’s a cup in my view as is the world championship and I want to win both

Interesting to see if klopp makes any changes from Friday

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Sean,

“I think it be a tough game.”

I truly hope you’re right Sean.?

But I would be surprised without Liverpool go into the game over confident I can only see one winner.

“It’s a cup in my view as is the world championship and I want to win both”

As you should Sean and I think you will.

Liverpool are currently much much better than Chelsea so I’m not expecting too much just yet.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Agreed. I’m not too pleased to think of that 4-0 when looking at this match. Nine, we’re definitely better than Utd in most regards, however our defending against Norwich was surprisingly poor, especially considering that we had our first choice defence on.

It’s weird when you think about this game, that the PL didn’t have the Chelsea V Utd game on the Friday and Liverpool on the Saturday. I am in agreement with you that 2 days extra rest is not fair. I definitely wouldn’t be happy about this, were it Liverpool.

As for the game itself, I do want us to win it but not at the expense of anything. So, I would play lads who need to up their match fitness. We have a number of players who are of a very high quality but who obviously didn’t make the Norwich game, or the Community shield etc. I named them previously but Matip, Keita, Milner, Lallana, Brewster, Shaqiri and such. I’d start at least 3 of them.

It is a cup alright Sean. I think most would agree that I’ve not asked Klopp to play the B team. I mean I guess there’s a chance Klopp will want the current back 4 to get more minutes together but personally I think he’ll want to keep Matip keen. I consider him to be behind Gomez but after his amazing performances at the back end of last season, the gap is pretty small now (I consider Gomez extremely highly).

There might soon come a time when we need someone like Milner, or even Lallana off the bench in the PL and having them be actually sharp might just secure those 3 points. We can do that and still give ourselves a great chance of winning.

As for the Club World Championships. it definitely would be nice to actually win that. I still remember that game against Sao Paulo. I’ve never in my life seen such a dominant performance by any team, who then ended up losing. We absolutely DESTROYED them and lost…. I think we’ve got to put that right.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Ye mak I remember that match well mate. I think we had 3 goals ruled out.

I’d give a few players a go on wed. I’m
              Ready for a tough game and expect Kante to start

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Mak, difficult to work out which teams both Managers will choose to field I’m expecting changes from both with the weekend in mind.

A slightly weaker team might work to Chelsea’s advantage depending on the team Chelsea choose of course but I’m not holding my breath.?

My realistic hope is a decent Chelsea performance and for Chelsea to be tighter to the counter attack than they were on Sunday.

Obviously Kante would help there but he’s a long way from being match fit as he’s played very little football since the end of last season when he was carrying his injury and he was sent home from the Japan pre season tour to try and get him fit at Cobham.

Realistically positive results at the weekend are more important to both teams.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Be an interesting test for Lampard. How does he approach the game? He arguably got exactly the response he wanted vs Utd in the positive way they played but what cost him was a bit of naivety, lack of cutting edge and experience. An important area of his management to look out for this season is how well drilled his team becomes. It’s no coincidence that the 3 best teams in the league (as well as having great players and managers) are also the best drilled – because the more drilled you are, the less likely you are to make mistakes. Granted it’s still early days and he is waiting for some more experienced players to come back, I just worried a bit in the game at Old Trafford that there just wasn’t enough tactical discipline shown by them. It’s key he gets this team well drilled and organised in the months ahead.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

There wasn’t too much wrong with Sunday that the return of the key players and taking our chances won’t solve especially a 100% fit Kante and Rudiger.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Allison’s out for a few weeks, but actually looking forward to Adrian starting.

I think we look strong playing Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip. Yes, the 4-0 didn’t help. I get the feeling though a certain Mr Red Sox is now expecting Klopp to be delivering trophies and this accolade is something special I hope we win.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

i fear for Chelsea, i just think FL needs a bit more time and a few games under his belt with the squad….a big defeat and it could have a really bad affect, saying that any kind of result outside of that could lift them

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

“a big defeat and it could have a really bad affect, saying that any kind of result outside of that could lift them”

Agree with you on both counts Stevo. I’m hoping for the second.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Adlab
                          Participant

For some reason there is a post from me awaiting moderation questioning the officials for the Super Cup. Not blokes!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

Cant believe there is a female ref and linesmen…I mean lineswomen!
                              Its all wrong. Its a blokes game lets keep it for blokes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

No idea why that happened Adlab. Sorted now

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                threeps
                                Participant

Adlab you really are from the dark ages aren’t you?!

Looking forward to the game and hope we win. I dont see it as just a friendly. Hope to see either Ox or Keita have a run out depending on fitness, or maybe even Brewster at some point.

Extra time then pens is possible, 12 suns named, 3 can be used with a 4th in extra time.

Let’s avoid extra time please.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Huh? There’s a Doris reffing Wednesday?? Didn’t know that, might have to watch to see how well the players behave now… pity John Terry isn’t around… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Chelsea are going to get slammed. Wish i hadnt paid 120 Euros for the pleasure but follow land and sea. No finger nails left ahead of the game. Beer, Kebab, football… albeit at a silly price. Anyhow… Enjoy the game if youve made the journey.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Sain, is definitely one of the best lineswoman on the circuit at the moment. Personally, if females want to take an interest in the Sport, I’d say go for it.

I did get into the latter parts of the Women’s World Cup and found the matches refreshing.

Not sure though from a punditry point of view, whether I could muster more observations and analysis hahaha πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Good on yer 442 nothing better than over land and sea Chelsea fans. Hope you can enoy it. .And the Kebabs. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

This be much tighter then people think.

Very tough game

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 230 total)
                                          • The topic ‘The European Super Cup 8pm 14/08’ is closed to new replies.