Home Community General Football The anti Mourinho/United press

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

If you think United are media darlings, then you could not be more wrong. This just sums things up. Mourinho being miserable at a press conference is more news worthy than Spurs and France captain getting done for drink driving.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

What is Mourinho trying to prove. Why can’t he smile a bit and show some character and give some intelligent answers. Bad bad image for the club.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        cm
        Participant

His team lost on the 2nd game of the season and the press had a massive field day like it was a title defining moment. Making stories up along the way. What do you expect him to do? Pat them on the back for it. The opening post just proves he should rightfully be aggrieved with them considering him not speaking at a press conference is more news worthy than a footballer getting done for drink driving. The guy cannot win no matter how he behaves.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

I reckon when Mourinho quits the game 50% of what gets posted on football forums will reduce.?

Seriously who cares if he’s got the hump again it’s not the first time and it won’t be the last the only thing that will change his mood is winning football matches and it’s pretty obvious the reasons for his mood goes deeper than just losing to Brighton.

Moos is right though it’s not helping him or United to be behaving like he whether justified or not and it got to a point when he was managing Chelsea that I dreaded his press conferences for fear of how he might react and what he might say.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Thats what the press want from Jose.More material to write about it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Every season there’ll usually be someone at one of the big clubs who is either under pressure for whatever reason or there is some kind of discord and the media/press goes after them. There’s also obviously a big element of schadenfreude going on here and so the public are a big part of this because the media is tapping into this mood. And people can’t get enough of it and it sells papers. Like soap opera on TV, it is all designed and dramatized to provoke an emotional responses to draw more people in and get the popcorn out and people prefer that to reading about more serious issues. Just look at all the celeb stories on Mail online and the huge traffic it generates.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                cm
                Participant

Whether Jose was right or wrong in regards to his conduct yesterday. Is it more news worthy than a footballer getting done for drink driving. Remember the headline news when Rooney went to a wedding on his day off and was on the lash. Yet later on Firminho was done for drink driving and you got headlines like this.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

CM, you reap what you sow mate you can turn back to the same kind of reports in Mourinho’s Chelsea days too both first time round and second time round when if I remember correctly you were one of his biggest critics.?

United and United fans knew what they were getting with Mourinho and when things don’t go his way the toys will come out of the pram and he will get all mean and moody it’s been the same throughout his whole career and got the same kind of coverage too and Mourinho is probably the most newsworthy personality in the PL and if he creates waves he will grab the headlines over and above everyone else again that’s been the same throughout his career.

It certainly isn’t anti United because exactly the same was happening whilst he was at Chelsea and at Madrid.

The United Board and the majority of United fans were happy to accept the downside of Mourinho providing he delivered trophies regularly and that currently is a problem. Be interesting to see how things progress, a few wins on the bounce and things would look very different but if United continue to struggle……?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    cm
                    Participant

9, you are muddling what I am talking about. Jose splattered on the back pages does not bother me if it is justified. I always said he can be a prize plum.

My point is how him not saying much at a press conference gets a bigger headline than someone who has been done for drink driving, a serious criminal offence.

If you want to go down the root of me ridiculing Jose in the past (although I ridiculed him during his spell at United too), I remember you defending him to the hilt and not allowing anyone ridicule him at all because you were the only Chelsea fan on a forum. The things you said above, you wouldn’t have said if he was still Chelsea manager. ?

Here I am ridiculing him and asking what his style of play is-

Manchester United lack of or no identity

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

CM, as I said Jose will always be bigger news than anyone else on the back pages particularly with the current situation at United.

Idiot footballer drives his car after having too much to drink isn’t reallg that newsworthy.

Every time Jose gets into one of these sort of situations it will dominate the back pages always has done always will do. I’m surprised you’re suprised! ?

ps I defended Mourinho when imo he was unfairly attacked and criticised him when I thought he deserved it particularly on the Chelsea site where he got much much worse from me than anything I said above. But we’re drifting off thread which is my fault.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        cm
                        Participant

I am fairly surprised Nine because I was expecting Lloris to hit the back pages because I believe Spurs and France’s world cup captain needed more coverage after what happened. Same way Rooney was all over the papers after being pictured getting drunk on his day off. Jose being moody after a loss is not exactly new to the world and is expected, he has been behaving like this since his days at Porto. The reason I am surprised is because people are still surprised by his behaviour. Every manager reacts differently, that is how Jose reacts. The Jose you see in front of the cameras is probably different to the one who see behind closed doors. There are plenty of pictures online of him smiling and having a laugh during training sessions.

IMO Martin Samuel sums it up

Gary Neville confirms Jose has not lost the dressing room after he spoke to a few people who are connected to the club. Yet the media reluctantly refuse to cover this. If the media are spouting lies, do you expect Jose to pat them on the back and say well done you made alot of clicks from creating a negative story about me.

I don’t think it is the Jose who is the problem here, it is the media. Jose has been around long enough to suss them out, like Ferguson did.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

CM, as I said if you track back you will find similar stories about Mourinho at Chelsea and Real perhaps it is anti Mourinho but it’s certainly not anti United because it happened at both Chelsea and Real previously.

Only the players know themselves whether they’re behind Mourinho or not but not I’m not sure he’s lost the dressing room either and as I said in my previous post there’s nothing that a few wins won’t change starting with Spurs on Monday.

I do think this might be the beginning of the end for Mourinho though as I think it will be a big ask for United to win the title this Season and the Club not being prepared to back Mourinho in the transfer market in buying short term solutions may have been a sign of that.

Alongside that City have stolen United’s clothes with Pep managing them playing the football they do. But time will tell.

Personally I would be surprised if Mourinho is still the Manger of United this time next year, but in the meantime reactions in press conferences like we saw this week will always cause media comment and will only add to the problems.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

I read the question and answer with Mouriho and the Media. I thought his response was excellent. The media are trying to run this game by headline news, if it is news, but not what I call responsible reporting. I am in no way a Mourinho fan but the guy is constantly hounded and maybe he does get some things wrong, but at this level of reporting??? When this is over, they will move on to the next target…what gets me is theses so called reporters have probably never kicked a ball in there life but there opinion, and that is all it is, reigns supreme. It is one mans opinion of a situation, if the story is newsworthy for them a few will jump on the bandwagon. let the guy do his job, if he fails then it is for the club to take action not the headline news

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

What do you expect the press to do with Hugo???

Wasn’t exactly not reported, was it?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Chuky, same applies to Lloris, the Courts will decide not the media

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Exactly… not a lot the rags can do other than report it…

And, for the record, he deserves everything he gets!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

the press are anti mourinho, not anti united. when you take mourinho on, you also take on the inevitable shit storm he brings with him. the media used to love him. he was fun and a winner. now hes a miserable prick and struggling to win. his personality is that of an angry old man. he brings on these issues himself.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

Jose simply begs for the world to be against him,he talks too much,far too much.More than when the wasplicker is pregnant.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

The media still love Mourinho because he keeps creating headlines and stories for them as he did again last night.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.