Home Community Non-Football The 2021 British Open.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Really looking forward to this year’s Open would be great to see a Brit win it and as I write Englishman Andy Sullivan is leading the tournament.😊 I would love to see Lee Westwood win it fingers crossed. Jon Rahm looks favourite but Golf particularly links Golf is notoriously unpredictable.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Nine…looks very “OPEN” this year, a lot of contenders I think maybe a good iron player may do it, not a big hitter on this course

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Some years ago I played putt putt with Casey and he only beat me by 1 shot with everyone else far behind. I probably would have excelled at golf too but too slow and boring for me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Tugay is God
          Participant

Yeah of course you did…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Links golf is probably the biggest test of Golf there is Brian but Sandwich is already throwing up some great Golf and some good scores despite the wind.

I’m rooting for Justin Rose he grew up playing Golf at my local course where his Dad played and comes across as a really decent guy plus he’s English.😊

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Nine…I would love westwood to win it…he will probably lead for 3 days and loose on final day….he needs to reverse that!!!!! I never had a decent score on a Links course, St Andrews and Southport being nightmare rounds for me, however St Andrews was played in a Gail, lashing with rain and the Caddies in the shop laughing at us but we had travelled a long way to play the course and was determined to do so. My favourite memory was playing a Par 3, at the top end of the course, cannot remember the number less than 180 yds I think and had to take a driver to it and that finished well short!!!! I also think my bag was carrying more water than was in the sea!!!!! I did the 18 though, the tea and whiskey was best have tasted afterwards!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

I can relate to all that Brian we used to take one our top dealers on a golfing break in the Autumn post the Open every year where we always played that years Open Course which remained set up for the Open in terms of rough etc. 😊😊😊

We always had caddies who thought I was a much better golfer than I was with their advice one year when we played Muirfield I had a really tough round which was only saved by the fact that somehow I pared the 18th hole which not only made me feel a lot better but has stayed with me for ever.

I can’t say I enjoyed the Links courses as much as I enjoyed the iconic non links Courses I was lucky enough to get to play like, Wentworth, Woburn, The Belfry and Mount Juliet in Ireland the most enjoyable courses I played were in Spain and Portugal wide and open with buggies perfect! 😊

With the only problem being dealing with the previous nights hangovers whilst playing.😊

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

I have some unbelievable Golf story’s Nine even though I was never a good golfer but I did enjoy the walk..at times. One you would find very difficult to believe and even harder to understand but perfectly true. My golfing days are over but I do miss them

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

There’s nothing else on so I’m forced to watch golf.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Rover
                      Participant

Don’t really support any player myself but I think the golf is fascinating to watch.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

The funny thing about playing golf is that I have parred or bettered every hole on our golf course but not on the same round or same day!!!!! IThe highlight of my career was that I had 5 pts in a stableford comp on one hole…better than a hole in one for most part!!!! A hole in one I never achieved

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.