Home Community General Football Super League 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Luckydestiny
    Participant

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12806616/european-super-league-fresh-plans-for-80-team-competition-announced-by-chief-executive-bernd-reichart

LaLiga said in a statement: “The Super League is the wolf in the story of Little Red Riding Hood.

“It is disguising itself as an open and meritocratic competition, but underneath there is still the same selfish, elitist and greed-driven project. Don’t let their tales fool you.”

La liga are 100% correct and hope the PL being the strongest of all the leagues stands just as firm.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I guess you typed this, as I was typing mine… πŸ™‚

But my thread is better!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Luckydestiny
        Participant

No it’s not banjo, you are swallowing what they are giving you to swallow like the silly little slapper you are πŸ˜†

La liga are spot on imo and this is just a foot in the door. The end game was made clear a year or so ago

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Can’t see it happening anytime soon.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Nepolean… I’ve got nothing against the idea of a Euro League, as long as everything has a fair chance of getting in it… but, like the vast majority of us numpties, was dead set against any system that favors the so-called “big clubs”…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              threeps
              Participant

I liked the idea of a super league based on historical European success.

Villa and Forest squaring up to the likes of Madrid and Bayern and Man City nowhere in sight!

Being serious, isnt the CL going to a league format also? If this is done fairly to all and doesnt impact domestic league why not?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by threeps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Luckydestiny
                Participant

Banjo, if they market the super league globally and the money outweighs the PL then the PL will be secondary and no way of getting it back once we pass point of no return. The number of games will increase incrementally and before you know it spurs will be resting players in prem league against arsenal to keep first team fresh for super league match with atletico Madrid in new York.

We already have the best of all worlds, the best league and football pyramid in probably all sports and 3 tiers of European competition.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Luckydestiny.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Luckydestiny
                  Participant

Threeps, imo entry in to European competition needs to be based on domestic performance and keep domestic league as priority for every club.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

You’re not entirely wrong, Nepolean, and I agree with some of what you say… but I think, now football has been taken over by investment firms/soverign states desperate for sports washing vehicles, I think a “compromise” of sorts needs to be reached… sure, whatever may or may not be agreed is very likely to be “changed” again in another decade or two, of that I am in bo doubt, but I’m also pretty sure if we all “put a line in the sand now”, one great big wave will wash us all away…

I also think, sticking with what we have, we regards to Euro comps, will bite us in the Arsenal… at then end of the day, who really watches group games in the Europa League, or even the other one, other than the hardcore clubs own supporters? Most of those games aren’t even on telly… perhaps the neutrals watch some of the knock-out rounds, maybe more the final itself… but not many. It won’t be long for the TV revenuies go down for those two comps…. and then we’ll be back to where we are now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Luckydestiny
                      Participant

I can imagine at the start that invitees would be determined based on domestic performance but think that continuing participation will depend more on performance in super league than domestic.

If they just talking about rebranding current European competition then it would be pointless as UEFA as threeps said are already reformatting CL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

What was the CL being changed too? Think I missed that one… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Luckydestiny
                          Participant

Banjo, so what are you saying? That teams at Europa league level shoukd not compete in Europe as it is as too boring but if they did under banner of super league that somehow it becomes more entertaining?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            threeps
                            Participant

My historical success remark was just a cheap little shot at City, of course it should be domestic league performance based.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Luckydestiny
                              Participant

Yeah threeps I knew that bud πŸ‘

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Luckydestiny
                                Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

No, Nepolean, I wasn’t saying that… what I was saying, by having a system (that is open to all clubs by way of qualifying one way or the other) and promotion/demotion within the “Super Leagues” I think would create a lot more even match-ups that the neutral would watch… even with the currrent system in the minor EURO comps, they’re still a lot of miss-matches that the neutral wouldn’t be bothered with… watching the 5th best team in Spain putting 7 past the 5 th best team from Andorra doesn’t do a lot for my boat!

But the 5th best team from Spain vs the 5th best team from Germany, my boat is floating slightly higher!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Luckydestiny
                                    Participant

I forgot that all prem league owners had to sign an agreement not to participate in break away leagues. Don’t know whether this new version would still be classed as a breakaway from PL it seems more of a break from UEFA

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Luckydestiny
                                      Participant

“and promotion/demotion within the β€œSuper Leagues” ”

That’s where the fate of PL and all European domestic leagues would be sealed though banjo.

The level at which you compete has to be based on domestic performance and keep domestic leagues as central to everything.

If the super league had more money and the level a club participates at is determined only by super league performance it will inevitably become more important to perform well in ESL than PL. That would be a point of no return mate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Luckydestiny
                                        Participant

“But the 5th best team from Spain vs the 5th best team from Germany, my boat is floating slightly higher!”

Frankfurt vs rayo vallecano banjo? 🀣

Bollocks, same thing will happen and real vs utd will still get the most viewers as it has always been.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Luckydestiny
                                          Participant

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12806744/explained-why-european-super-league-promotion-proposals-are-not-all-they-seem

See banjo, these people are have no social awareness or conscience, all that’s happened is they realised their first pitch was too honest and so now are trying to use language that football fans can relate to, but it all bollocks the end game the same.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.