Home Community Liverpool Southampton V Liverpool – Sunday – 16:30

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The run in for a top 4 place will be brutal so it’s important that we win this. Liverpool have had issues with lapses in games that most would expect them to win and here we are with another one right here.

I’m not sure how to feel about Spurs just having beaten Arsenal. In one sense it’s dropped us back to 4th for now but in another, maybe a win tomorrow would see Arsenal out of the race for our place in the top 4. That would be too early to call of course but I would certainly be considering it as a strong possibility, at that stage.

The team that I think we might see :

Karius
      Gomez – Lovren – Van Dijk – Robertson
      Oxlade – Can – Wijnaldum
      Salah – Firmino – Mane

It’s too early for Lallana by the sounds of it and you’ll note that I’ve left Matip out of the team. Besides the 2 mistakes in the Spurs, I felt that there might be potential in that partnership. I say this as a fan of Matip . . . but I’d like to see us test out that CB pairing, with Lovren finally getting to play on his preferred side.

I don’t want to predict but the optimist in me thinks we can win this 3-0. The pessimist is another story. . .

YNWA

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

Mak – Gomez is out for tomorrow I believe, so presumably Trent will step in, but In agree with the rest of your team, though maybe Hendo in for Gini or the Ox.

I think we would rather Arsenal have taken something from Spurs today. While I agree that Arsenal are now virtually out of it, I see Spurs as a big danger. In fact I would put money on them finishing 2nd ahead of Manu as well. I actually believe it’s between us, Manu and Chelsea for the other two places, and you’d fancy those latter two to pick up full points this weekend, so again it’s a must-win tomorrow. Would be nice if we could be 3 up at half time and then we could rest players for Wednesday, but this is Liverpool and that never happens!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Need ideally a draw from this arvo’s game or a Arsenal win.

Good opening post Mak in which I fully agree with your last. It’s often blown up in our faces just when we reach that ‘biting’ point of confidence and raring to go.

We were much better defensively last week out of the percentage football re Spurs and the second half. We often are criticized, but constantly trying to press encouraging our full-backs to contribute means much higher demands placed on us to maintain discipline at the back.

Southampton’s been sort of our nemesis of late, plus they don’t like us for ‘pinching’ their players and understandably so.

Here’s hoping to a happy ending come 6pm tomorrow evening.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Hightown, I absolutely do see Spurs as the bigger threat and they may well finish ahead of us. There’s no getting around the fact that we’re a weaker team without Coutinho (even if we’re still really good). My only reasoning for being kinda pleased about Spurs winning is that it shakes a team off our heels.

Nil, ya a draw would have been best alright I guess. we’d get the best of both worlds.

As for Hendo in the centre, I’m pretty sure he’ll be rested for this match.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Don’t fancy us today especially if Moreno starts.robertson is going to have to be rested at some stage.

Utd will finish 2nd. They are very efficient at just getting wins.

We need more creativity in the middle 3.can is suspended for Porto so will start today.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Liverpool to win by at least a two goal margin.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Our last Sunday game thank goodness.

We will be televised in our up and coming games, but they will be on a Sat which is just the way I prefer it personally πŸ™‚

Little bit of de-ja-vu creeps in. The years and seasons flyby so quickly I still remember when Sadio was in a Saint’s shirt playing his part in an inspiring comeback that swung the pendulum to 3-2 given that we were flying with a 2 goal lead in the first half.

The draws highlight and reflect us being more resilient this season than flaky. Some points dropped against the big boys this season I would put it down to luck in high percentages because you need that.

A win today would set us in good stead leading up to our reintegration in the Champions League.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Confirmed line up for Liverhampton Wanderers πŸ˜€

Karius

Robertson – Lovren – Van Dijk – TAA

Wijn – Can – Ox

Mane – Salah – Firmino

Come On The Redmen!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

A huge favour from our former Gaffa.

Time to capitalize and get the 3 points from St Marys!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Correction: Matip in for Lovren.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

NB, don’t think it is your last Sunday game….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

That sucks….

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Great goal. Lovely vision and execution for the pass by Salah and an effortless finish by Firmino. There was no over-thinking it there.

Delighted to see the midfield that we have. Sean, you’re right we need more creativity in there in general. I think we’ll get that next season but let’s hope what we have is enough to bring us forward this term. I won’t write us off for 2nd, Utd do a good job when it comes to picking up results but we’re not far behind and are a fantastic side most days.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Pagan
                                Participant

It’s a bit like watching a testimonial game, you know when some of your old players come back and bring their new mates…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Fabulous so far, but we’ve been here before and it feels like de-ja-vu, so we need to ensure we add to our lead in the second-half.

Failing that, if we’re pitched around the 70 min mark at that scoreline, we need to be able to close the game off because at that point, the Saints would probably pull a goal back.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

We aren’t playing great but two well taken goals. Never feel comfortable at two up. We need the next goal as we have been here so many times before

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Lots of positives at half time. Karius is carrying on from his last match and is making saves. Matip is a disaster today, I’d take him off right now for Lovren.

Firmino and Salah, amazing. Mane needs a goal and it’d be nice to see Wijnaldum get one with one of those surges forward.

Southampton did step things up for a time but hopefully that 2nd goal will see the end to that. We have a Champions League match coming so I think we need to get that 3rd goal and take Firmino and Salah off. it’ll be good to give Ings some more time anyway but I wouldn’t be too comfortable for us to do this at “only” 2-0 up, just cause it’s us.

Subs to make :

Ings-> Firmino
                                          Lallana -> Salah
                                          Lovren > Matip (immediately)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Really pleased just for a change, we capitalized on United’s defeat and won our game at St Mary’s to close the Gap.

Effectively, our sheer quality in attack and telepathy between Firmino and Salah was to key to unlock the Southampton defence.

Van Dijk and Roberton at the back are disciplined read the game well and are self-assured.

The Saints didn’t really pose the level of threat that I thought and in the end, closing the game off was of comfort to us.

Porto now to focus on, but other than that, chillaxion and some time off away from the domestic action.

πŸ™‚

A much better week compared to last.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.