Home Community Non-Football Scandals

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

In Reference to Bradley Wiggins and his triumphs in 2012.

Why on earth first of all has it taken 5 years or so for this discovery? And what is this nonsense about ‘unethical line’?

Surely these people involved know their boundaries from the off? Of course, there will be certain types of enhancing supplements that will be taken to be at your very best. It’s not just down to preparing, practice, and hardwork.

The whole thing is just farcical and the sport is losing it’s credence.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

The unethical line is because he has not cheated, but they feel what he did was wrong anyway. Bit strange really.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Alfie, I’m not clued up at all in this mate, but you’d think right at the start, these participants would sign some form of a ‘declaration’ sheet to abide by conditions set, and prior to actually going ahead with the event, there are medical checks carried out – e.g. routine blood tests.

It is strange that it’s taken this length of time for ‘authorities’ to now say “well actually, you’ve crossed the line”.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

It came up a while ago, but as no rules were broken nothing could be done. I think this is the result of a report into the situation.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Pagan
            Participant

Taking a medicine/drug under the guise of needing it when you don’t that may increase your performance is not against the rules if you get permission to do so, however it’s not ethical to do so, and in some eyes the actual request to take the medicine if it’s not required is actually lying and as such could be classed as cheating. It’s a murky area and as such it is open to abuse within the rules…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Pagan…you have the right word murky…everything is “murky” these days….politics and sport

My word is greed

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

Precisely Alfie, there are no more actual facts in this report. So the question begs why release it when all it does is besmirch the reputation of our beat cyclist especially when it repeats no laws were broken. Moreover it strikes me that Wigins or team sky had no input or knowledge into this report or it’s findings until it was released. Unlike the ridiculous Chilcott report into the Iraq war which we were at best railroaded into as a country by Blair and co and resulted in tens of thousands of deaths. In producing that the politicians including Blair had a chance to comment on and even redact bits of the report before it was even released. And low and behold no one was accountable. I know which one I think was more important and was strangely had whitewash conclusions.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

What was in the envelope? Very simple question to answer… Has he? Dont watch cycling because everyone is juiced up. Pointless sport and i cheered wiggins on along the streets of surrey… Shouldnt have wasted my time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

And when I first read the thread title I thought it read sandals… thought it might have been a holiday offer to the West indies.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

All this shows is, just like football, competitors in every sport, and especially sports where the glory also involves large sums of cash, will push the boundaries of what is acceptable, using the age-old excuse of it not being illegal even if it could certainly be called immoral.

Whatever mutton-chops is accused of doing, be it legal or not, you can bet your bottom dollar he wasn’t the only one “bending” the rules (not that it makes it allowed in any form I hasten to add!).

Some time ago, I read quite a wonderful article (wish I could remember where!), whereby they floated the idea of simply allowing everybody to cheat and see what happens, using the theory it’s their own body so their own risk. Simply make it clear so to speak at the beginning.

It also suggested, using F1 as the example, of simply lifting all “restrictions” and simply letting race like looneys… which I reckon could be a pretty spectacular spectacle!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Chucky, the majority of the restrictions in F1 are safety related ie the new Halo rules see below.

One of the key issues for the FIA was that there could have been legal implications in the future if there had been a driver injured or killed in an accident where the use of the Halo would have protected him.

That is why the FIA took the decision to use its safety grounds veto and ensure the Halo – which will be modified from the version that has run up until now – is on cars from next year.

The GPDA accepts that the Halo is not the perfect solution in visual terms, but it is also eager to point out that improved safety does not mean that the spectacle of F1 is taken away.

Racing like looneys might make F1 more spectacular but it would be at the risk of Driver safety which I don’t think you can compromise on. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

9, the majority of the rules in F1 are not safety related, they’re car specification, often referred to as the blue book. Safety does come into this, but this thread is about gaining advantages by interpreting the rules to your advantage, F1 teams push the specs to the limits and very often the rules are clarified and altered when loopholes are found (think ground effect and ride height, variable down force etc) however the teams tend not to compromise on the safety side, but ask a driver if he’d swap a little bit of safety for a performance advantage and the vast majority of them would….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.