Home Community Non-Football Ryder Cup 2021 24 th September – 26th September Whistling Straits Wisonsin USA

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

I can’t understand why both Captains don’t have 6 picks it’s like taking on the USA with one hand tied behind your back.

I don’t think leaving Rose will help us but with only 3 Captains picks Harrington had to pick 3 from 4 and Rose was very unfortunate to lose out just as he’s is beginning to hit some form too.

Be a massive task beating this US team they look amazingly strong, love the Ryder Cup though and whatever the outcome I can’t wait for it to start I’ll be glued to the TV.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

I am a Ryder Cup fan as well. Agree, Rose should have been in the team, Rose is a very good matchplay golfer and his experience will be missed. I think it will be close match though.

PS. I was a rubbish golfer, very enthusiastic but rubbish. BUT. I could play matchplay reasonably well

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Nine, the main reason I was rubbish is because I played right and left handed. My game off the tee was, eventually, better right handed, my short game better left handed. for a time I carried a split set of clubs around.. I still cannot make up my mind if I am right or left, however, since I no longer play it does not matter but if I was to walk up to a tee now, would probably take a left hand stance. I was a decent left handed putter though….it was just a matter how long it took me to get to the green!!!! Loved my golf, sad I can no longer play.

Chuky….sometimes the golf surroundings are so beautiful that you forget about playing, breathtaking views, sometimes a half way house where you can stop and have a drink of something…what is better than that, certainly beats any football ground refreshments, although I guess at Spurs, you have gone up market now and it is supplied by Harrods or Fortmun and Mason. Ha.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Great post Brian left and right handed that’s an unusual one for sure. Loved the half way house. Great game to play but so frustratingggggggg!😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

9, Brian, it’s not uncommon in cricket to be opposite handed for batting and bowling, the theory being the power for the shots should come from the top hand……….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Very true Pagan. I was a keen cricketer for many years playing in local leagues. I was Left handed with bat and ball. Could bat right handed but no good at right hand bowling. Tennis/table tennis. either hand was comfortable. Football. Left only.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

I’ve whacked the sticks a bit over the years, there’s nobody better than me at turning a 180 yard Par 3 into a 1400 Yard Par 12. πŸ™‚

Just stuck the clip up there cause it makes me larff!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Chuky…it made me laugh as well, the joke is probably older than me but always make me smile thinking of the many rounds in wind and and rain, when I thought, yes, some truth in that saying

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

Not an ideal start, but a long way to go. Anyone know how to turn the American crowd off on the coverage?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Mikus, good idea.😊

Some great Golf but it looks like it’s going to be the US’s day today.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

It looks like we will need something close to the Miracle in Medinah to turn this around.

Hopefully from the next Ryder Cup the European Captain gets 6 picks like the USA Captain does.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

Nine…captain picks…do not bank on it….all about the blazers in golf like some other sports

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Makes no sense Brian to give the American team an advantage by allowing them 3 picks more than the Europeans. But I’m not holding my breath!😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                gjblues
                                Participant

This one’s all but done. Too many average putters in the team – Westwood, Hatton, to name two. Also, too many ‘flaky’ temperaments – Fitzpatrick, Hatton (again), very talented golfers but will never win a major. In addition, Harrington picks ‘his mate’, Lowry who not only had no recent form but is a ‘rookie’. Rose would have been a more valid pick, especially as the tie is held in the States.
                                  Regarding the Captain’s picks, I agree we should have six. The reason we don’t is the European PGA tour officials don’t want to devalue their tour. The simple answer would be to have the top six from the European Order of Merit and then allow the Captain six additional picks.
                                  It was always going to be an extremely huge ask to win against the strongest US team they’ve ever put out, away from home and having virtually no support but I would have expected a better showing than we’ve seen thus far.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Maybe simpler if we went back to square one. GB v USA. = Ryder Cup
                                    Europe can have there own v USA. =. Barnier Cup!!!!!!!! Captain picks who he wants as well

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

We don’t have enough quality players as just GB to take on the US Brian we’re struggling this Ryder Cup as Europe to put up any sort of fight v the US going back to just to GB would make it an even more one sided contest.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Whacked at Whistling but some wonderful Golf mainly from the USA. We’ll need a bit of a rethink before the next one to make it a bit closer.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.