Home Community General Football Rodgers to Leicester. It looks on.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Probably a good move for Rodgers he has achieved everything he could at Celtic and Leicester are a good Club with a good squad with a bit of money to spend.

Getting back into the PL was seemingly Rodgers priority and he was unlikely to get a top 6 Club role and Leicester is the next best thing.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Neil Lennon back to Celtic talks are in progress?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Cant believe Everton and Fulham havent sacked their respective managers yet.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I wonder how Celtic fans feel…. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Should be confirmed in a bit.

Could be back to playing a 442.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Leicester appoint Rodgers until 2022.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Leicester appoint Rodgers until 2022.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47368712

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Good appointment I’d say in playing a positive brand of attacking football.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Watch them play us Spuds a couple of weeks back, and got no problem saying the 3-1 scorline flattered us a bit. They’ve got some decent players there. I reckon this is when we really see how good Brentmeister really is!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

I agree Chucky Rodgers has had an easy ride at Celtic he had one great season at Liverpool so it will be interesting to see him back in the PL with Leicester. He really needed to be back in the PL if he wanted to truly resucitatae his career.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Rodgers is generally not respected and I know why. There isn’t a manager out there who is as bad at talking to the press as he is. He’s a total airhead when it comes to this but as an actual manager, I think he’s quality. because he’s so easy to dislike, people aren’t willing to give him any credit at all and write off his great season with us as all being down to Suarez. This is the biggest load of toss ever. It was Rodgers who helped turn Suarez into a top player. Who remembers that he was actually considered to be wasteful under King Kenny?

Suarez was obviously a huge part of that good season but he wasn’t the entire reason why we did well. I’m not saying that Rodgers will definitely be a success at Leicester either. It won’t be easy to turn them around. The last manager couldn’t get anything out of their apparently brilliant team. I would say that Rodgers is a potential coup though. if you’re a club in need of hiring a manager mid-season then he’s a great signing , I think.

I guess we’ll see how this works out but I think he’ll most likely be a success. He might need a window or 2 though.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Like all ex Liverpool managers, I hope he does well. No problem with Rodgers whatsoever

He always spoke brilliantly about liveroool as a city and a club. You could see what a privilege it meant to him to manage us.

Easy ride at Celtic but no one had won 2 trebles in a row. He got Celtic back in the cl.

He got the crowds back at Celtic aswell

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Rodgers is a good appointment for Leicester and as Mak rightly says above “there isn’t a manager out there who is as bad at talking to the press(/media) as he is. He’s a total airhead when it comes to this” so he’s sure to provide some more comedy gold moments too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Rodgers was very savvy with the media when he was in charge of us. Though their was mickey-taking, looking back 5 years on from our 2013/14 Title Charge, it wasn’t so bad.

I really feel sorry for Jurgen Klopp as he gives an honest account and I think perhaps he’s a little bit to forthright.

Rodger’s will be better for Leicester definitely than Puel and Shakespear, since Ranieri’s departure. There is money there. I just think in relation to the culture of Leicester, Rodgers will shoe-horn in perfectly. I can see him there for a good duration, however at the same time, expectation levels already would have risen, and Leicester fans would feel they should be knocking on the door of a Europa League Spot and a Cup.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

On a tangent, but people have been going on about how we drew to United, yet, when we played Chelsea back in 2014, all WE needed was a draw. Palace would then have been a different proposition in us not chasing goal-difference.

We’ve been largely criticised, but who knows how vital that point at Old Trafford will be in the grand scheme of the Premier League Title.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Mikus LFC
                                    Participant

I think one of Rodgers strengths is his philosophy and his ability to both communicate it across and make the players believe in it. So he’s very much of the Eddie Howe ilk in that regard and he will give Leicester an identity and a belief.

Tactically is where I’d be concerned. Rodgers could no doubt get his team playing some gorgeous stuff but if you ain’t got it tactically, you ain’t going to win very much. People may point to his Scottish successes which certainly highlighted a strong and very effective philosophy. But he also got massacred in the CL by some teams. Ok Celtic didn’t have the resources but there wasn’t much adapting to the opposition going on.

So that will be his limiting factor. But if he can try and revitalise or recreate some of that Leicester spirit we saw some years ago, there should be enough residual fight left there to do well. Because he’s still a very determined guy who does get the best out of people.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mikus, as I remember it Rodgers had a bit of a block defensively he could get away with that at Celtic and them still be successful but he will struggle to get away with it at Leicester and back in the PL.

But it’s an interesting appointment and adds to the PL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Mikus LFC
                                        Participant

Nine, I just think there was a naivety that he thought teams should worry more about his team than his team worry about the opposition. And if you had the likes of Suarez and Sturridge (and/or were playing weak opposition) that was probably true a lot of the time. But in the bigger more tactical games, you’d worry more. Let’s see if he’s learned any lessons.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Vardy coul do with maybe a new partner or better support from midfield.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.