Home Community General Football Red Tops: You gotta love 'em…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

So, less than 48 hrs since the game, and Real are now planning a triple swoop on the Spuds for Poncho, Harry and Dele… we’ll start the bidding at 500 million…

Mars Bar and a can of Tango for the first poster on here to play “you need to pay them the going rate” record… 🙂

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

The EEC will make sure Madrid have enough funds. Cannot have teams from England doing so well in a EUROPEAN league!!!!!!!! Let us get out of it and form another league, we may invite one or two of them over!!!!!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

but banjo we didnt win because our players and manager are good, its only because all their players are completely past it and wouldnt even get in to the everton team right now

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Paxo… which is why we’re half a billion pounds for all our bang average players/manager/tealady!! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Sell them Madrid parasites an virus and …………….disco Sissiko,and tell them to stick with their past their best,spoilt veterans.i.e.Ramos,Modric,Bale,CR7,Benzema.Who made Real Madrid to feel entitled to having the best players playing for them?!.
              And only 3 Banjo,what about Vertonghen-the best defender in this league by a mile imho?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Paxton and banjo, Everybody acknowledges the fact that Spurs are a very good team and Pochetino is a very good Manager me included.

Just because there have been question marks against Real and where they are currently wasn’t to undervalue Spurs results v Real instead it was an honestly held view of where Real are currently as a team and the reality is that Real have been pretty much inactive in the transfer certainly by their terms in buying any big players over the last three summer windows.

Real are currently averaging 2 points per game to last season’s 2.44 points are 8 points off of Barcelona have only won 6 of their first 10 games and have already lost 2 of their first 10 La Liga fixtures having only lost 3 La Liga fixtures all last season and at the weekend Real lost to recently promoted Girona all of the above are facts that pre date Spurs win on Wednesday night but that doesn’t diminish the fact that Spurs quite rightly beat Real.

If you guys think Real are at their previous/usual level despite the above that’s your opinion personally I think Real are several levels below where they were and on the way down and will require significant investment in the transfer market to get back to where they were perhaps even a change of Manager and given the history I don’t think for one minute that Florentino Perez is going to sit on his hands between now and the start of next season. But time will tell.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Iceman… it was 4 if you include the tea-lady… but yes, Van The Man has been impressive this season.

Goldie…. don’t think any Spud-lover on here is comparing this current Real Madrid team, with 5 players announced in the very recent team of the year, to the team from 5 months ago who won Big-years 12 months after the last time they won Big-ears. I think you’ll find we’re just laughing at all the “haters” who are playing the “B” side to the “You Need To Pay The Going Rate!” record, titled “They Ain’t As Good As They Used To Be!”. I supposed we should be grateful you lot at least flipped the record over…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

banjo, that’s an entirely different subject but if Spurs can retain all of their top players when paying them considerably less than the going rate at other top clubs that’s a very good trick to pull off but we’ve already seen Rose kick up about it and there may well be others going forwards time will tell.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Banjo-DL should pay Vertonghen,Kane,Alli and Erikssen £300k p/w and tell Real to do one!.Them pricks from Madrid can produce their players from their own youth ranks for a change.I despise Real Madrid with passion,cannot stand the ladyboy.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

The Spanish “giants” have not kept pace with the change going on in football. Yes, they still have some buying power but the have ageing players presuambly good contracts and sway to restrict what they need to do. The British clubs to there credit have performed well, naturaly players and management will be sought. This will then become, as I think in Spurs case, a question how the Board see and value the future, everyone has a price. It will be sad if Spurs do loose some players or management because they have entertained, breaking that up will be hard to replicate. It would then be a question of buying sensible replacements. One thing we know…the game does not stand still….what many teams are seeing as being there squad this season. will not be the same squad next season

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

IMHO the only Real Madrid player that I would pick to walk-in this current Spurs team is Kroos.Give me Erikssen over Modric/Isco any day,and Alli over Bale/CR7 24/7!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

Have to dissagree. Isco is an excellent player. And let’s be honest here Ronaldo is still a world class player and Alli is not at his level. He get there one day but imho he isnt at that level yet.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Big Jim.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

CR7 is a world class name mate,his best days are behind him,and Isco doesn`t control the game enough for me.Maybe the presence of CR7,Modric and Kroos hinders his game,but not for me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Hightown hope

While Madrid do appear to be on the decline, no-one is diminishing Spurs great result the other night, far from it. I think, Deliverance boy, you’re being a trifle sensitive!! Certainly from my point of view, I posted a very jealous post on Thursday following our underwhelming victory over Maribor.

As for Madrid, it will be interesting to see how they approach the next few tarnsfer windows. I still get the feeling that if they flutter their eyelashes, top players will still go there, particularly the South American ones. Let’s face it, it’s an easy life for the players at Madrid compared to those in England. 3 or 4 tough league games a season only, Christmas off, better weather, and for the South Americans, fewer language problems for them and their family. I’m not sure the likes of Kane, Alli or Dier would jump ship from Spurs, but at my team, I feel confident that should Madrid come sniffing after Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Salah, Can etc they would be off like a shot. And maybe that is the difference currently between us and Spurs…the Spuds are not far off winning things, and that is a big attraction.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

Hey Banjo I certainly haven’t derided Spurs achievement against Madrid. I havent commented on it as I have been too pleased with Citys performance.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Hey Banjo I certainly haven’t derided Spurs achievement against Madrid. I havent commented on it as I have been too pleased with Citys midweek performance to really notice that your team that plays just for the love of the shirt and a mars bar a week even got a result. ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

HH-Good post mate until you mentioned Salah and Firminho playing for RM,lol.Not good enough just yet to play for RM,so many players out there better than them 2.i.e.KDB,Hazard,Dybala,Griezmann and of course….Fellaini.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Tongue was firmly in cheek, chaps…. we lost to the Spammers AND YooUtd in the two games leading up to it… so how far have Madrid fallen? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Big Jim
                                        Participant

Hey chucky answer me this why do your team always seem to roll over for Utd.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Big J.. good one, wish I knew the answer, a bit like the Mendes goal we didn’t score, the Nani handball that wasn’t handball, the Teddy goal disallowed because Bruce was ready, route one football against the biggest baddest bestest team in England… perhaps it’s a bit like West Ham only get out of bed when they play the Spuds, could go on forever… why Money City fans are too dumb to put question marks at the end of questions…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.