Home Community General Football Qatar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

Ed
      Happy if Qatar take over United? Looks a real possibility

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

He reacted just like Harry and paul celebrate in this adlab 🤣

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Luckydestiny
        Participant

In all seriousness I think Ed been very consistent and nothing he can do about the ownership just like city fans.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Yeah we discussed it on the January window thread Adlab. Not happy about it at all. I’m anti state ownership. I don’t want my club being a toy for a country to wipe clean their image. If it’s money from the ME I can only hope it’s private investors. Ultimately, what I think doesn’t matter though, let’s face it. It would certainly divide the fanbase if it was state ownership, that’s for sure. Spurs being discussed also, as are Liverpool (with regards to Qatari ownership/investment). Fingers crossed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Adlab
            Participant

Just as a matter of interest does it really matter?
              Who owns Harrods, Clariges, Hamleys, Savoy etc, etc etc. Nobody seems to moan about these. The WC was held in Qatar. Those who complained went to watch. We watched the games on TV

Of course I understand all the arguments and it would be better if United were owned by a local butcher and City by White and Swales TV. But that’s not the way it is. People say what about the German model where the fans own? Great. Same team wins every year.
              There is massive hypocrisy and jealousy abounding.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

But Adlab, Harrods aren’t my club. My club is a part of me. Part of my identity. Harrods is a shop in which I have zero emotional attachment. Look Adlab,loads of the fans wouldn’t care and that’s fine. I just don’t want them owning my club as a project to improve their own image. The new generation of fam who cares more about transfers won’t care and it’s those who generate the clicks and the purchases now so it’s a moot point. I don’t have a choice but if I did it wouldn’t be them.

I do find the whataboutery a tad frustrating from City and Newcastle fans. No doubting there is a certain amount of hypocrisy involved but for me it’s the absolute refusal of City and Newcastle fans to accept that anything about their owners might be questionable that is frustrating. If City/Newcastle fans owned it and just said “yes they are scumbags but there’s not much we can do” I’d have so much more respect for them. I get they give you trophies and players but it’s almost as though that buys your silence and acceptance which I find is a shame.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                threeps
                Participant

Not sure why you keep mentioning Harrods Adlabs. Harrods are not involved in competitive sport. I do not sit at home cheering on their sales report hoping they keep a good lead over John Lewis. As Ed said, zero emotion or care about them.

You understand the concept of sportswashing right? I do get the feeling you are a prime example of someone fully seduced by the trinkets and gifts these generous men from the East have given you without a single thought or care as to why. You understand that some fans don’t want people connected with human rights violations, percussion of certain groups, participating in modern day slavery, and in some cases associated with murder and torture to people that oppose them or their views connected in any way to a club that they hold close to their heart? For me no shiney new signing will cloud my views on such things.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.