Home Community Liverpool PSG V Liverpool – Wed

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just to get the thread going, more than anything. PSG head into this game absolutely needing a win. I don’t have the latest on Neymar and M’Bappe but I’m assuming their injuries are bollox and they will play. Honestly they can rest players in their shite league and we cant but who cares. Honestly, we can beat any team on the planet on a good day. bring them on I say.

It might seem a little ballsy but I’ve predicted a 2-0 win to us. Let’s put them out and us through and not have to beat Napoli in the final match to have a chance.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

It’s bad enough when Watfoirjd get their own thread, but PSG as well? Sort it out Eddy!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

What is wrong with that?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I reckon that went over your head mate… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

On the other thread Mak, you correctly allude to us being fortunate to not have lost some league games in the PL this season – yet we’ve lost both away games so far in the CL this season because we weren’t fortunate enough to hang on or we just didn’t perform. And this away game to PSG is huge in terms of the group. So a big big test ahead.

Here’s a question – we obviously did well to beat Watford – but would that *performance* be good enough to beat PSG away? Far from sure it would be. This is why, regardless of how good the table suggests we’re doing, we need to improve if we have eyes on the bigger prizes this season.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Big game I fancy Liverpool to get a result.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

cheers Mikus, well luckily for us the 2 games will be chalk and cheese. PSG will attack a lot, whereas Watford were defending for their lives for the majority of the game. Our difficulty will be in controlling the PSG match, when it was more about breaking Watford down.

We’ll definitely have to be sharper. PSG won’t sit with 8 defenders but if we want to keep a cleansheet, we’ll have to control the game. Our midfield will have to be dominant and our defence will have to be as solid as they can be. After that it’s hard to say what to expect from the forwards because we know they can do it. They will get more space to work with. You’re right, luck hasn’t bailed us out in the CL so far and we’re pretty much out of fooling around time.

Maybe it;s no bad thing to have this early reminder that we get our shit together, or we go out. In the past we’ve shown up in the big matches and this is definitely one of them, so along with our attack looking better each week (generally), I’m not overboard with confidence but more that we’ve gone through much more difficult tasks and come out the other side. It’s a great opportunity for the lads to find 3rd gear. If we happen to lose tonight and we are facing CL elimination then we’ve nobody to blame but ourselves. If we win then we’ve got something to kick on from.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

Think this is going to be a great match. Got a feeling we will go 433 and press the bejeezus out of them. But, they have quality all over the park so im predicting a 2-2 draw which will benefit neither team.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Hightown hope

You’re right, Mak, if we go out (though we can’t for definite tonight) we have no-one but ourselves to blame for our two abject performances in Napoli and Belgrade. Obviously all these sides in the Champions League are good or even excellent teams, and bad results can and do happen, but in neither of those two away games did we compete at all.

Well, it’s crunch time now and the maths is simple. Win and we’re through, draw and we need to beat Napoli and lose and we need to beat Napoli by 2 goals. C’mon lads!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

This is a very very tough game but just go at them. Go there and attack. They can be got at.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Probably the game of the night. PSG seemingly will have all their big guns back. Normally a draw would be a good result for Liverpool but they may need the win considering the remaining fixtures which is not out of the question. ( b****y predictve text.?)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Nine, I didn’t believe for a second that either of those players were legitimately injured. They wanted an excuse to rest them both in the dogtoy league that they play in. It doesn’t matter though, if we turn up we can beat anyone. If we don’t then we don’t deserve it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Oz Yob
                            Participant

As Mikes said if we play like we have been it won’t be enough. Be interesting to see how we play, whilst our D has been great this is one team we can’t play passively against, if we try to contain them we will lose. We need to go at them to have any chance.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Our defensive game isnt THAT defensive. I mean, the fact that our attack hasn’t been earth shatteringly good this season means that it looks more defensive than it is. I’ll go on record before the game (famous last words) in saying that this is pretty much the team I’d have gone with (if it is what I think it is anyway). Not conceding early is vital. then we can look to get a hold of the ball and of curse we want to hit them on the break if we can.

If we play like we did last season, they’d be hitting us on the break and that is as bad as anything. No matter what happens, we’ve got to play well. They aren’t the most disciplined but we all know that they have some bloody assassins playing for them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Oz Yob
                                Participant

I dont even think we will beat Napoli let alone by 2 goals, I can see a draw at best & we will be gone from the C/L. All focus now on the EPL & hopefully c$ty progress through the round in the C/L & take their eye off the ball in the EPL. Not really expecting that though with the depth they have. Another trophy less season for LFC I’m afraid.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

I have a horrible feeling that our season is on the verge of being over.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Oz Yob
                                    Participant

Still top 4 to fight for mate. There will be no titles but hopefully we will have enough to give the C/L another crack next season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

I think that’s a bit of an over reaction Mak I think there’s every chance of Liverpool beating Napoli at Anfield and progressing then it’s a matter of who you draw as probably runners up.

I do think it will be a difficult task to finish above City with the midfield options you have and unfortunately you’ve spent ÂŁ100m on two players who can’t get in the team and neither offer the kind of creativity Liverpool need.

If Liverpool could spend big again in January on a creative midfield player that may change things around but I think Liverpool may have to sell to buy now. I fancied Liverpool for a domestic Cup and there’s still the FA Cup.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Oz Yob
                                        Participant

Yeah 9 looks like Keita & Fabinho are 2 that haven’t worked out for Klopp, to be fair he’s been pretty good besides them 2. That said it might still be a bit early to write them off but it doesn’t look good.
                                          I don’t even think we will beat Napoli let alone by 2 goals, they are a well coached & well balanced side. I’ve said for a while it’s only a matter of time until results started matching performances & it’s happening now. I just hope we finish top 4 again, Spurs & co are right on our tail. I just wish Koop would go back to high pressing high energy style, not only was it great to watch we were unpredictable & it was bloody effective. It’s like we are sacrificing that to play all compact & be hard to beat. Stuff that, go down swinging I say & have a bloody crack, it worked pretty well last season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Mikus LFC
                                          Participant

It seems Klopp is increasingly becoming idealistic in thinking that the team in its current format is capable of winning games. As soon as I saw the familiar line up in midfield of Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum & the usual front 3, I thought – what is going to be different here?? Three almost identical (albeit hard working) midfielders and a front 3 out of form but always guaranteed a start. It never once filled me with any considerable hope. Why didn’t Klopp, for this one off big game, at least go with the press?? What’s the old quote about repeating the same formula and expecting different results?? We’re hugely constrained by our limited options in midfield (without Keita/Fabinho up to scratch) and we’re severely limited up top with 3 players that Klopp just can’t or won’t drop because he doesn’t trust anyone else.

I think this is the key problem for Klopp this season – he doesn’t trust the rest of his squad enough yet to change things. So the line ups don’t change and neither do the performances. You can see the dilemma he’s in. He must surely have a big eye on the January window now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.