Home Community General Football Project Restart Mk 2 ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

“The Premier League could consider the 2020-21 season complete in the event of just HALF of all fixtures being contested, Standard Sport has learned.

Project Restart allowed for the last campaign to be successfully completed following a three-month hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic.

However, with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic set to loom over next season and amid fears of a second wave, the Premier League are weighing up contingency plans.

Liverpool’s pursuit of a first league title in 30 years was almost halted by calls from several clubs for 2019-20 to be rendered null and void.

But, under Premier League proposals for next term, the top-flight would have already passed the threshold for the season to be considered valid.

Those plans, which are set be discussed at a meeting of clubs next week, would see final placings decided by points per game in the event of 50 per cent or more of all scheduled fixtures having been played.

That would mean relegation, European qualification and the destination of the title all being decided on that basis, though 14 of the 20 member clubs would still have to vote in favour of the curtailment.

Should the 50% mark be missed – so teams having each played 18 or fewer games of the league season – there would be no league winners or relegation for that season

The Premier League, meanwhile, would engage with Uefa in order to decide which of its clubs would compete in European competition the following year.

Top-flight clubs will convene next week to discuss the proposals, with the aim of making recommendations at a further meeting on September 3.” Standard 7/08

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

I would hate that myself 999 even if it randomly meant my team won the pl !!! So I shall nail my colours to the mast and say it now before a ball is kicked!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Difficult to get excited about a new season without fans. Really is poor

Huge spike in cases in Ireland now. Our government are an embarrassment.

This time next year we could be still in some kind of lockdown.

I work in Dublin city centre and it’s dead. It’s such a shame to see all the business closed

We have to learn to live with this and try and move forward

It’s one massive contradiction over here.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

If that’s the case might as well write next season off, but keep the cups and throw in a couple of spices like having power plays, run up penalty shoot outs and playing with no goalkeepers for periods. May as well have a bit of fun…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Personally I can’t see it being necessary we’ve played out this season in all the major Leagues bar France and Belgium plus both European competitions without any problems.

So I’m sure they can get through next season without things got considerably worse albeit it’s difficult to see when fans may be back in the Stadiums even in reduced numbers.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.