Home Community General Football Premier League Weekend – Gameweek 1 – New Season!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Not too far away from Friday and the first televised match involving Palace and Arsenal at Selhurst Park. A much more of an improved outfit from the Gunners compared to last season; a very interesting opening game potentially lying ahead.

Fulham v Liverpool Lunchtime Saturday, Everton v Chelsea at Teatime, then more matches on Sunday including a visit to The London Stadium for the current Champions to face West Ham at 4:30. Matches too for Man United entertaining Brighton and Leicester to play last seasons newly promoted Brentford at the King Power. 3pm games on Saturday still exist! And of course that will involve the other teams.

It is finally back after weeks of withdrawal and normal service resumes!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Huge test for Arsenal already. It’s a tough place to go

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

Game 1….I just hope the whole season improves in a number of areas, let the Refs do there job and any unruly behaviour in the stands, stop the game until they are cleared out. We need to start getting tougher with disruptive fans no matter what club.Sorry, I should not have referred to them as fans but trouble makers

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Well we haven’t even kicked off yet and I think we have an early contender for most cringeworthy moment of the season. My word! πŸ˜„

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

Perhaps next time he could try using the speakers to pipe out motivational speeches by top managers πŸ˜†

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

It’s either a Banana skin or a comfortable Arsenal win. I think if the Gunners can through-out cope and tame the atmosphere at Selhurst Park, we could see Jesus open his account; possibly a 2-0 or a 3-1.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Tricky game for Arsenal but I still expect them to win. Tricky game for City too they will need to play at a higher level than Sunday. In respect of Liverpool you get the feeling it’s a matter of how many will they win by. Chelsea are still undercooked and in need of a bit more strengthening I’ve got my fingers crossed for Saturday.🀞

Looks like good seasons for Spurs and Arsenal and an even more competitive race for the top 4.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Nine…it will be a more competitive season, most teams having spent money, remains to be seen how wisely. I will miss actually attending this season but may get to the odd game. I am not so worried about our LB position as many pundits are, this appears our weak spot to many

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

I’ve no faith in areta . He’s on his last legs for me. Excellent squad now but I think it will all end in tears.

Spurs be a very hard side to beat this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Tricky first game for utd. Brighton can be so good at times but just don’t score enough goals.

Huge season for Gerrard now. Plenty of money spent and excellent squad there

The right decision to strip mings of the captaincy and he should not be in the 1st 11

I worry for Leeds and Brentford this season.

Surprised Newcastle have not spent more.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

Think there’ll still be quite a bit of business to go, bearing in mind the season starts early this time and the window is still open until 1st September.

Be interesting to see what happens with Ronaldo. Ten Hag needs to sort that out quickly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Hoping Liverpool but the ground running. Be interesting to see if Bobby or Nunez start tomorrow. I’d start Nunez as confidence be high after last sat

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

In one tabloid, out of 9 “expert” columnist give Liverpool to win title by 6-3 votes. I am happy with that, we will see what the end of season brings when Aston Villa win it !!! there I go with one of my predictions again…sorry Villa fans.!!!!! Then again…why not

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

The bookies have City as odds on favourites Brian! We already know the winner is coming from those two, it’s just a matter of which one of them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Sad but true Ed.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  steveosnakeeye
                                  Participant

That will do nicely to begin with

We are definitely going to win the league 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Can we do a weekly predictions league and table πŸ˜€ I predicted 2-0 and Jesus scoring!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

Steve…I am glad to see a fan thinking positive!!!!! Why not???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Mikus LFC
                                        Participant

I really do get very bored of leading questions asked by reporters like Geoff Shreeves post match. “How much do you think it was about character and fighting spirit?” They’re hardly going to say “not much” are they? Yawn 🀭

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

I just switch off Mikus. I don’t like Shreeves, he’s just provocative and asks silly questions. It’s only one match anyway.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 193 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.