Home Community General Football Premier League Finale WEEK 38!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Final showdown this Sunday.

Only Relegation left to settle.

Who will go down?

I think Leicester and Everton will find a way and Leeds sadly will pay the price.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chelsea1967
      Participant

Pretty quiet around these parts now Nil. Everybody seems to have had enough of a season so condensed by a six week World Cup break which should never ever be allowed to happen again. Congratulations to the clubs that have provided their supporters with plenty of joy, City, Arsenal to an extent, Newcastle, United, Brentford and Brighton who have really impressed. To answer your question I think Everton at home to Bournemouth and a draw appears to be enough to keep them up unless Leeds can win by three or four clear goals is the top tip. Everton should win that anyway with Bournemouth having little to play for and Everton everything.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Rover
        Participant

Well done to Luton, happy for them, BTW 3 teams are relegated not 2. Probably with Southampton it will be Leeds and Leicester.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Well, it’s still too early to call and things likely to change second half, but Leicester look relegation bound unless they find something.

Man United a goal down, whilst Liverpool are winning but only just.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Alfie_1
            Participant

Looks like some game at St Mary’s, goals galore.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Alfie_1
              Participant

Wow, 4-4 now. Slightly meaningless game and not wanting to cause a riot on here but would love to see a winner from the Saints simply as they are saying goodbye to the PL today.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

A game that sums up the season. But imo, it just goes to show that no matter how poor the defence or midfield, if our established attacking players are fit and in form, they always give us a chance. Indeed as I’ve said several times recently, had we kept ManΓ©, we’d easily have made top 4 this season. He still hasn’t been replaced. We’ll have to see how Nunez does next season. Yes the priority will be midfield and defence and rightly so. But still think we need a ManΓ© replacement.

Anyway, have a good summer all!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

606 19:30 πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Alfie_1
                    Participant

Big year for Nunez coming up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

It is Alfie. My fear is he’s already become a kind of cult player that the fans love because of the chaos he can bring on the pitch. But he still looks so raw for the money paid and misses a lot of chances. 50/50 for me next season what happens with him. But that in itself gives us a potential problem in not knowing because Salah is the only reliable attacker we have who tends to stay fit. So if Nunez doesn’t deliver and others get injured, that leaves us short up top.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Okay, so an argument justified for a more weakened team plus the fact the league already won and although this is easier to lay on the table after the event, I always thought in my mind back-to-back, these were the places where Man City would trip up.

And 5 points in separation between them and Arsenal.

I know there are many factors that have influenced the shape and the course of events, i.e. World Cup, but maybe next season we’ll see a close finish like this and even a 3 horse race.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Thought it would be Leicester’s day, but clearly, it was Everton would and did find a way. Looking forward already to next season and absolutely delighted for Luton Town; missed for years from me personally. Kenilworth Road, WOW πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Transition stage would be the best descriptive word right now as far as the Reds go. Emotional with certain individuals players that have departed today and served the club with dedication and commitment.

The challenge is to find the void of those positions. The priority is to move those no longer in our long-term plans and get it right in bringing faces.

Nunez I have no doubt in my mind will improve once we figure out a system that will suit and bring the best out of him. It’ll come.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

4-4’s not too bad; will brighten up tonight’s Match Of The Day πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.