Home Community Liverpool Porto V Liverpool

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

No thread and we’re nearly at half time . Damn you Nil!

All good in the hood so far, 2-0 up is a fantastic position to be in so far, just have to keep at them and do our best to finish the tie in the first game cause you never know.

Lovely confident goal from Salah though, wow.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Playing well. They had no interest in attacking with the way they set up. We have to kill this game now and not let them back in with any silly mistakes.

Just defend well and don’t do a Sevilla and give silly goals away

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Good to see that Porto are still the worlds worst divers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

67 mins gone. Surely it’s time to take Firmino and Salah off? They said Ings and Oxlade were worming up. Let’s give Ings a chance to get a CL goal and we know the Ox wont let us down. keep the lads fresh.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Fantastic performance. Love watching us play when we are in full flow

Delighted for mane

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Mane love for Liverpool on Valentines night? Delighted for him also, he’s looked so frustrated for along time, it’s good to see him grab not only a goal but a hat-trick in the CL.

We’re through now and will be able to rest players in the second leg if needed. Obviously I’d still put out as strong a team as possible to not tempt some kind of miracle but ya, we’re good.

Last 8 here we come!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Scouser in exile
                Participant

Great performance, great result, really enjoyable watching experience and especially good to see Mane amongst the goals again that will do his confidence the world of good (won’t do our collective confidence any harm either)!

YNWA RIP the 96

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

What a result for Liverpool. I said they could end the tie tonight and they have. Didn’t see the game but can only assume they played exceptionally well.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

We’ll done lads great win. Who do you fancy in the Qtr Finals?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Barca! JK πŸ˜›

I’d prefer not to meet another PL side but it’s looking like that might be difficult.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Scouser in exile
                        Participant

Paxton, cheers, yes we did play very well but I was surprised at how easy Porto made it for us but you can only beat what’s in front of you, your lot were superb last night (apart from the first few minutes!) and deserved to win, hopefully we’ll both win our second legs and put the ties beyond doubt.

Nine, we’re not in the quarters yet (don’t you listen to Jurgen……..lol!) I’ll take whoever we get as the saying goes you have to be in it to win it.

YNWA RIP the 96

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

I’m not holding back on saying we’re through cause we really are. That team could never beat us 6-0 at Anfield.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

I forgot to comment about this earlier but I think it is really worth saying. The 3 lads up top take all the credit for this match but seriously, I think Robertson was up there with them performance-wise.

He can defend but wow can he cross the ball! It’s really looking like he is the whole package and could potentially be the best full/wingback that we’ve signed in maybe decades. That’s a big statement so I won’t make it just yet but I think we might be having that type of conversation in the future. On top of his ability to play defensively and offensively, the guy has serious heart too. We really needed a top quality replacement for Moreno and I think we’ve found him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Be a shame for Liverpool to draw a PL side but there will be a few left in it at the Qtr Final stage even at the Semi Final stage.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

Ya, I mean in a hypothetical scenario where we (or any PL team) are good enough to go all the way, I think it’ll be impossible for them to not have to go through at least 1 other PL side to get there.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Message from Nil:

“My thoughts

That has to be the best away performance ever from the Reds on a European night – so how many away goals would Porto need themselves haha ;-)”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

Congrats to the Pool fans. I’ve said it before, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this Liverpool side won the CL as they seem to be much more effective against the bigger sides. Really feels like one of the PL teams could do it this season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      srd79
                                      Participant

Congratulations to Liverpool and the Liverpool folks here. What a performance. I saw the game at a bar last night. Surprisingly many LFC fans in Denmark! Even if didn’t go ballistic like those guys, I have to admit Liverpool were great. Freeflowing and in complete control.
                                        And how cool was Salah with his goal to make it 2-0? His vision, technique, calmness under pressure and finishing is something special. Liverpool should rebuild their stadium in the shape of a pyramid to make him feel extra at home to keep him before Real or Barcelona come knocking. What a player! And what a performance!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by srd79.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

I dare to dream that we might go all the way. We’ll need to see that defence solidify a bit more, for the rest of the team to perform well of course . . and to have a fair amount of luck!

but it is possible and until we’re out, I’ll hope.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Not bad, not bad at all, although I didn’t watch it.

Looks like we’re going to get some “Battle of Britain England” coming up. Don’t see how they could avoid each other but like Mak says, would rather get another Euro Team if possible…. (got to get through first, mind you!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.