Home Community General Football PL Week 2 Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Some decent games here, the Spuds vs Chelski being the big one, with a pretty tasty Monday Night game with City vs Toffee’s! Goonies away to the Potters could be a bit tasty too, considering the history there, but then again, Stoke aren’t looking great so should be another 3 points there.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

[soccer-info id=’2′ type=’fixtures’ /]

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Some good ones there Banjo. I fancy Huddersfield to keep the pressure on Utd at the top, with a convincing home win over Newcastle! At least one of Chelsea or Spurs will drop points. Hopefully a draw there. A loss for Chelsea could make things very interesting. Will Wembley be the issue a lot predict for Spurs?

Liverpool should get their first big win over a poor Palace side. City should really be winning at home to Everton. Rooney will be up for that one

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

P.S. Banjo, I noticed your predictions for this week have City to draw (hope so!) and a thumping win for your lot at home to Chelsea. Could Conte be in trouble as early as 2 games in if that does happen?

Everyone else, remember to get your predictions in

prediction sheet

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Editor.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

A couple of teams need a win, and teams like palace and West Ham won’t want to lose two on the trot. Some very interesting games there. Spurs v Chelsea being the standout match.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

I wouldn’t say 3-1 was a thumping win cyber chum… 6-0 perhaps, but not 3-1… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Yeah fair point Banjo ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner

Sunday looking good. 2 Northern giants of the game followed by a couple of small teams from the South…

That home loss for Chelsea is looking worse and worse the more you look at their upcoming fixtures. I’m convinced they’ll turn it around pretty quickly but they certainly won’t want to end up 6 points behind the leaders after 2 games.

Spurs Chelsea this weekend then Liverpool Arsenal next. Should be good

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Ed, that’s the thing, everyone expects Liverpool to hammer palace but it’s only one game they have lost. I remember West Ham losing to Bournemouth at home then going to Anfield and hammering us 3-0.

Palace have beaten us the last 3 times st Anfield but I fully expect us to win. I’m just not over confident as we are so bad the back. As sat showed, anything can happen

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Hightown hope

Sean – I started predicting Liverpool 3-0 v Palace, and then I remembered Benteke enjoys playing against us. Think he may enjoy himself on Saturday against Lovren et al!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Sean, I didn’t know they’d won the last 3 at Anfield. As you say, it’s one of those games all the big sides should be winning but those can sometimes be the hardest to win as the away team just camp in their own box. Liverpool need teams to come at them. You’d expect some kind of an attempt to play football from a De Boer team

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        whoisbeni
                        Participant

Benteke will score two. Liverpool will need to score at least three and possibly four to win.
                          We also lost to Villa when benteke played for them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

Liverpool has obviously plenty of goals in them,so expect them to win 3-1!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

whoisbeni! woah long time no see 😉

Ya, who knows which way this match will go. I find myself unable to make what feels like an intelligent prediction these days because Liverpool is a kinda bi-polar club. We’re amazing in attack (against good teams:P) and we can be absolutely shocking in defence (usually against the weaker teams).

It’s obvious that Beneke will score, so he probably won’t. This has 0-0 written all over it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              whoisbeni
                              Participant

Love that logic about benteke mate, hope it’s right, but that we get a goal!

I’m loving the atmosphere at anfield since the stand was built. This season is the first proper use of the POTS areas and dressing rooms – so let’s see if our boys enjoy the experience

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by whoisbeni.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Hightown hope

WIB – while I thought the atmosphere had improved in the early days of last season, which I put down to the new stand, I now think it was simply because we were playing some sublime football. In the dark days of the winter, I thought the atmosphere was pretty piss poor, in all honesty. It’s still the same issue of an ageing crowd!

But good to see you over here, Beni!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

Ya, I wasn’t being entirely serious about the Benetke not scoring thing. He’s a serious threat. Opposing teams must really get excited when they get corners against us, I don’t think too much of them myself, when we do.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

Atmosphere in PL grounds in general seems to be on the decline. What’s the general feeling amongst the Liverpool fans on the understandably sensitive subject of safe standing?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      whoisbeni
                                      Participant

Cheers HH – think everything went off the boil around December time – team, manager, crowd – I do like the new stand though and they’ve done more work on it this summer and it’s all fully operational now.

Tricky subject Ed.   I feel really disloyal to the families of the 96 even entertaining it but I’ve been to the Allianz arena a few times in the last two seasons and I think it works really well.  If anyone ever gets the chance I’d recommend a visit – as it’s fantastic and the guy at the front who orchestrates things is worth his weight in Bratwurst.

id like to see it trialled

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

I really fancy going to a game there just to see what it’s like. It’s a tricky one here for obvious reasons. I’d be all for the necessary changes in legislation to happen as long as Liverpool as a club together with its fans were supportive of it. It would bring the stands back to life all throughout the country I think.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.