Home Community General Football PL game 31/32

• This topic has 342 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Oz.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 343 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

It’s back and there’s some good games to look forward to.

City should have too much for Fulham a trickier game for Liverpool v Spurs a draw would be a great result for Spurs but I can only see a Liverpool win.

Wins for United and Arsenal and hopefully Chelsea if the Chelsea of the first half v Everton turn up and take their chances and Sarri plays CHO from the start.

Let the chatter commence!?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

Tricky Monday game for us, but hopefully our home form will be to much

hopefully Watford can put in one of there better displays too!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        steveosnakeeye
        Participant

also how do i get symbol in the username, what format does it need to be in?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Fully expecting 3 points for Pool, first games after any sort of break are never good for Spuds, and then you chuck in a lunchtime kick-off, makes us even worse. Be very, very surprised with anything other than 3 points for Pool.

3 points for City, Fulham are just awful at the moment, of debatable point there is by how many goals, same with Chelsea too.

The only interesting ones are the YooUtd and Goonie games, both Watforjd and Brown Ale Boys are capable of stealing a point, maybe even 3, I guess I can only hope!!!

As for putting up a mugshot, click on your username just below the “Login/sign-up” thing (upper right part of the screen), find a nice picture of a snail wearing a bikini, and load it up!! ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            steveosnakeeye
            Participant

yeah i tried but what format does it have to be in….not very tecky

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              steveosnakeeye
              Participant

Hurrah

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Idiot… that’s not a snail wearing a bikini… ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  steveosnakeeye
                  Participant

i know but never mind petal ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

not

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

Whilst Spurs are obviously now out the title race (though some may argue they never were in it), I donโ€™t think it ever helps when a manager publicly declares it, like Poch did after the Burnley game in February. If your target suddenly changes at the business end of the season from the title to top 4, thatโ€™s going to be pretty demoralising and ainโ€™t going to help the teamโ€™s confidence one bit. (Indeed look at their form since the Burnley game). Also Pochโ€™s line about trophies only building your ego didnโ€™t help either and in any case, their league form stuttered anyway. And now Iโ€™d argue theyโ€™re in that awful predicament of juggling being in the latter stages of the CL whilst also fighting to stay in the top 4 domestically. The CL is such a curse in that regard for such clubs. Those 3 games vs Man City, particularly the last league game, will be huge. As I said recently, I actually fancied Spurs to still make top 4 this season. And whilst Spurs are still a very good capable side, theyโ€™ve put themselves under big pressure over the last few months, and the timing couldnโ€™t be worse. All that said, youโ€™d still expect some kind of reaction from them soon (there should still be a lot of togetherness in that dressing room, and the spark of the new stadium should help when they start playing there). So I certainly wouldnโ€™t discount them vs Liverpool (who have also struggled after a break).

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mikus LFC.
                          • This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mikus LFC.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Yes you do…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            steveosnakeeye
                            Participant

shhhh
                              no

as for spurs, all they have done is what spurs do, hence why some (most) people (including their manager) never actually though they were IN the title race…..

they really are the “New Arsenal”, you can now predict their season before it kicks off, they win nothing, they play good football (most the time) but as ever flatter to decieve and then crap themselves and fall away at the pointy end of the season, its ok though they have “Sir Harry”…and a shiny copied toilet that is over time over budget and has no trophies in it ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Wouldnt be surprised to see Watfjord get a point @ OT.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Come on SteveBuffyKeeye, it’s only been open 22 minutes, at least wait until the end of the season before you go all Billy-Bigboots and remember those days when you when stuff too and pretend it was recent…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Completely agree Mikus. It’s interesting that both Utd and Real’s reported interest in Poch almost completely died after those comments about trophies (as well as suggesting it may take him 10 years to create a winning mentality!) and the subsequent dip in form.

I’m not suggesting he’d have gone to either of those but it’s quite telling that he almost talked himself out of the running with his loser mentality. He’s very similar to Wenger in his later years imo.

Very interesting to see what Utd do after the first really poor performance under Ole last time out. Is it the start of an inevitable decline with the honeymoon period well and truly over or will the cup exit prove to be a one off in an otherwise faultless audition for the job? Could go either way.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Hopefully, we are fully geared for Sunday, but not to get too ahead of myself. United are the only Top 6 side Spurs beat away from home but that was really early on the season, and some may argue the point that United weren’t in the top 6 at the time (I’m not fully sure).

They could bag a draw though, so effectively, no room for mistakes.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Ed-And,just to think how many trophies Kane & Eriksen could be winning were they to leave during them 10 years……

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

That’s what I don’t get about Spurs. No dig, but from their own playing space, it seems they just don’t go the whole distance, (in which they should in aspiration), but then fall to thwart other teams, for the sake of it, which can come across bitter.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

I’m not on board with this shitting on Spurs thing. They have had a bad 4 or 5 games in the league but even with all those points dropped, they are still in the top 4. I think we’ve become a little too used to the tricky tabloids who have been ebbing and swaying so much that they could step away and we’d continue to dance.

To get only 1 point from 12 is absolutely shocking form for a team with ambitions, that’s true but a blip is a blip. Spurs knocked out a very good Dortmund side to progress to the quarter finals of the CL also. I can see why you might say they won’t win anything, it’s an insanely difficult cup to win but they are still in it.

I don’t get any of it but maybe my own perspective has something to do with that. As we finally shake off that boring international RUBBISH, it’s dawned on me that this might be the last game-week where Liverpool are in the title race and besides our own form, that comes down to Spurs. I don’t think I’m just being respectful or superstitious though. Only a few weeks ago Poch was going to be the next Utd manager, now he’s a joke? I don’t think so. You don’t live and die that quick in this sport.

He might well have talked himself out of the Real job but they are a special case. I would find it pretty laughable if any serious clubs interest in him was unhinged by anything that’s happened in the last month. Of course there is the possibility that he wanted to get the media off his back… but that’s another story.

Whatever about that, I’ll be absolutely shitting it come Sunday. I’ll try and avoid the usual cliche’s here but I think us Liverpool fans are expecting a kick to the groin any day now. Our PL dreams always fall to pieces. I’m just hoping that we can keep it alive with a win. City have already beaten Fulham.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 343 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.