Home Community Liverpool Newcastle v Liverpool

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

There have been quite a few games at St James Park over the years that stand out for me. I remember a Stevie Nicol hat trick (from right back) in a dominant performance in about ’88, I remember a 3-0 defeat in a game that was mentioned in the S** sting on Bruce Grobbelaar, I remember a crushing 6-1 win up there a few years ago, notable for a trademark Steven Gerrard screamer and even a Ryan Babel goal. Not been quite such a happy hunting ground recently, but I’m hoping our attacking prowess will just mean we will score at least one more than we inevitably concede

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

I can’t remember the last time we’ve won at Newcastle to be fair, Hightown. Even under Rodgers.

That’s why I’m not particularly a huge fan of this fixture, but there challenges that now lie ahead is keeping that momentum going and how the team responds after a midweek fixture with readiness and motivation to get the job done.

We will be back to signing out to an international break and after that it’s Man United at home, so for me, this is a key game in hope that we can come with 3 points.

To be fair, we’ve not done to badly in our last 2 outings. The good news is that Sadio is back with us and Coutinho seems to have rediscovered his shooting boots. As long as we are resolute at the back, there’s no reason why we can’t flourish this with a 3-0 victory.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

If Liverpool can defend sensibly with Mane and Coutinho back in the team providing they take their chances they could win this one comfortably.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Easy win for Liverpool imo,Mane,Coutinho,Salah,Firminho,will create @ will!.3-1 win for Liverpool!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Just saw after the full-time whistle Rafa very upbeat and walking all over the pitch to shake hands with both sets of players. Fair play for him being good spirited but when a clip showed Jurgen Klopp, the look on his face summed up how frustrated he was not to come away with ALL 3 points.

He started with Sturridge, but our goal actually came from a moment of sheer brilliance by Phillipe Coutinho. I find it hard to believe with the abundance of attacking quality, how we only manage to score 1 goal.

Once again, our centre backs have a moment of lost concentration or not disciplined and tactical enough to prevent a through ball falling into the path of a Newcastle player and as a result of a lucky deflection, finds the back of the net.

It’s definitely 2 points dropped and really, we should finished these guys off for the full 3.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

I have never seen more of a useless player than Moreno!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Maverick, I saw him live last weekend my friend and he’s a genuine threat going forward and a good supplement to the attack.

I don’t know if he is sort of regarded as a Jon Arne Risse type of player, but when it comes defending, he can manage the tackle here and there, but when organising himself and dealing with pressure situations, he’s just a rabbit in headlamps.

We’ve gone backwards playing him and I don’t understand it considering Robertson was signed in the summer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Robertson is better going forwards just the same as Moreno. Moreno and Robertson are both more wing backs than anything else. As a wing back Moreno looks good problem is Klopp rarely plays with wing backs.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Lol, Richard and Andy these days analysing the game. Gosh I do miss these guys 😀

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.