Home Community General Football New signings

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 816 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

I know you will all have a go but how can anybody believe in FFP when a club making losses,half a billion in debt be allowed to spend at least Β£100m without equity investment.
      Just a joke!
      I noted yesterday that the Barca chairman/president said that they couldnt resign Neymar in the current financial environment. They have huge debt also and with no crowd revenue will be making losses.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Adlab, if anyone should count themselves lucky to still be able to make huge investments this summer, it’s City with yet more dodgy emails emerging this week which the UK media seem to not want to make a thing of. You have to wonder why.

As for Utd, you might not be aware but a Β£100mil investment would be split over a contract so that would be around Β£20mil a season in the accounts, which we’ll easily recover in player sales.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        threeps
        Participant

Adlab I think after recent events no one believes in FFP anymore!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

Ed. Just for info about more emails. I understand that City asked them to publish them but the Bayern mouthpiece wouldnt. I also understand that City are now contemplating action against Der Spiegel and it is with City lawyers.(v good source indeed on this) They wouldnt contemplate this if there was anything to hide.
            Nobody is whiter than white but this stinks of a campaign and again I understand from a very very good source this was part of the evidence provided showing certain parties looking to influence UEFA. You can also see indirect reference to this in the CAS 92 page document although they avoided names.
            As I suggested before the CAS hearing it will all come out. As yet it hasnt. Certain clubs should be concerned about their attempts to influence a judicial process before a hearing.
            Who? One can only guess!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Adlab
            Participant

Ed PS How much for Lingard!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Adlab, as much as you wsnt to believe this was Utd and Liverpool trying to get City punished, it was actually every side in the top half. Rightly so imo considering they’d all pulled back their own spending.

Suggest you have a read of this https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/30/der-spiegel-claims-new-manchester-city-emails-cast-doubt-on-cas-verdict

PS. You can have Lingard and Jones for Stones!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Adlab
                Participant

Read it!
                  But Jones too? Tempting

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Will even throw in Sanchez!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    steveosnakeeye
                    Participant

Be good to use this page to keep up with who signs for who ….
                      as for the rest all clubs are dirty cash loving bastards that will bend and break any rule they can to get ahead and get more
                      Some are just better then others
                      I’ve nothing against any of them
                      The sheiks, the oligarchs, the weird Americans that buy without the cash to pay and all the rest
                      Our own inept silent billionaire too!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      threeps
                      Participant

At Liverpool we have sold Lovren to Zenit and Lallana on a free to Brighton. Would expect Jones to take Lallana’s place in the squad and us get a 4th choice centre back to replace Lovren.

Plenty of rumors going around about others but I will leave that to the rumors page.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Sancho for 340,000 per week? That is just mental!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Sancho be a brilliant signing for utd.

They can afford it so why not

They are not breaking any rules

A concern I would have adlab is the amount of money city have spent on defenders yet they are still very short in some areas

When does it get to a point that pep tries to improve the defenders he has instead of just buying more defenders?

Not having a dig just a genuine question

Stones, Mendy, cancelo all big signings yet not good enough

I don’t rate ake either yet it’s probs another defender signed for 40m

If city sign ake that’s 500 million spent on defenders/keepers since he came

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

city needs to do what Liverpool did. buy one top-class defender for 70-100m and use them to improve the defence as a whole. they keep buying decent players for 40-50m and it’s not really helping. they need a world-class defender. VVD is so much more to Liverpool than a solid defender. he organises everything. makes good players very good players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              threeps
                              Participant

“A concern I would have adlab is the amount of money city have spent on defenders yet they are still very short in some areas”

If the rumours are true that they are buying the 1.79m tall Ake then they will still be very short in some areas!

I think Pep’s criteria for a defender and goalie is they must be able to play his brand of football first and defend is just an afterthought. In Spain and Germany his teams were never really put under the pressure on a constant basis that even the lowly teams in the Premier League do. He has been in England long enough to know what he needs and it’s not as though City can’t/won’t stump up the cash.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Although good on the ground and on the ball Ake is weak in the air which is a Chelsea defensive weakness and allegedly why Chelsea didn’t move to bring him back.

Lewis Dunk would be a much better option for Chelsea at similar money imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

ed – if you are going to split the fee over the length of the contract surely you have to include wages and bonuses? so the Β£20m a year jumps to Β£37.6m excluding bonuses, or Β£188m over 5 years. its a lot of moolah for a 20-year-old. but if they can afford it, good luck to them. good to see another exciting player in the league.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

Chucky, it’s reported to be around Β£300k/week. He gets Β£200k/week now so hardly surprising he’s being bumped up considering his performances this season. He’d have been in line for that rise even if he stayed. As crazy as it sounds, that’s now the going rate for a player of his ability.

Considering Bale is on twice that and he’s sitting on Madrid’s bench, it’s not that high really, in football terms.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Leveraged buyouts aren’t part of the FFP rules there’s an argument they should be but currently they are not and even if they were it wouldn’t be a retrospective rule.

United can clearly afford Sancho and he will potentially be a very good signing for them and as the Ed rightly says wages aside the cost of buying Sancho is circa Β£20m a season over the period of his contract.

Chelsea ideally need to get the Harvertz transfer over the line asap and then turn their focus to defenders which will almost certainly require sales out and very possibly some big name players being sold too.

City’s signings continue to be prudent which is probably an ongoing symptom of UEFA’s FFP focus on them a Koulibally type signing would be a great signing for City imo despite his age and cost.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

Will be over the moon if we get him. Honestly think he’s the best young player in Europe at the moment, aside from Mbappe. His stats are unreal. I think he’s the only one aside from Messi to have got over 20 goals and assists this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Fair do’s Sweedy, Puppy, the proof is in the pudding and every time I’ve seen him play he’s looked a bit Angel Delight, Emperor’s New Clothes Flavor. One of those players who leaves me scratching me noggin and thinking “I don’t get it!”…

And I have no idea why Gazza Bale is the benchmark, just because Real Muppets went mental, no reason for everybody else to copy! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 816 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.