Home Community General Football New Hobbies for when Footy is boring you too tears…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Got mine, none of this VAR bullocks either…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

have to admit Chuky, VAR is getting to me, I said from the outset this was one step from match fixing because of the way it has been set up, vague rules, rules that are out of character with the game and toe nail decisions accepted.
        I have my keyboard ready for when I give up football

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Brian, you need to write your book buddie.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

When the ball went in the net the reactions used to be

For your team it was a yessss

For the opposition it was noooo

For the neutral a nod of the head

now the reaction is, I wonder how they disallow that

……Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Shiney
            Participant

Pagan’s post above got me thinking, we always have a house full to watch Spurs games, but instead of the madness following Spurs scoring, we all look at each other nervously in case there’s a chance of VAR ruling it out, I don’t like what it’s done to the game I love. When are ref’s going to check the pitch-side monitors rather than passing the buck? Lo Celso would have been off yesterday , don’t think he’s that type but a red’s a red .

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Nine,, my family keep asking me to do that, I do not know if it is laziness or loss of interest but I find it harder to make a start. The keyboard does give me respite from the dullness of what is happening to football. In days gone by, fans used to drool over even visiting teams players, now you get boos, especially if the player used to play for the other team first.It was nice to see Zabaleta get a good ovation from City fans last week though, that took me back but it is just not that, going to watch Matthews, Lawton,Finney, Swift was an occasion looked forward to by all fans. The fan base to day is depressingly poor on quality, decency and fairness and I cannot see improvement anytime soon.I guess I have been lucky to have enjoyed that atmosphere in my time I think there is a wider social issue attached to this as well but at the heart of the thing is a team like Barrow who I watched play City in the league years ago is still going and there supporters must be enjoying the revival, good luck to them Big team fans loose sight of the lower league events but the struggle of survival and yet, without them we would not have a structure or a top 4/6/ 8/ whatever. My biggest fear with the advent of all the commercial money and betting companies is match fixing and nobody will convince me that betting companies are in it for a posh seat and meal only. I would certainly ban them from football strips, City have one which surprised me they even needed one. I do not want my Grandchildren or great grandchildren to be brain washed this way that betting is nice to do. Sorry for the ramble but football is fast becoming a bore as a game, decisions will be made by people who know absolutely nothing about the game…to its detriment

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Brian, golden words as always a delight to read. Write that book people need to know the richness of your story.

Put me down for buying the first copy!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Shiney & BB-Completely with you re VAR,just look @ the damage it did to Chelsea vs United last Monday.Maguire should have seen red,2 goals perfectly correct ruled off,complete madness!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by maverick1973.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.