Home Community General Football Need your help please!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Hi all. I just want to do a quick poll. I’m trying to decide what forum style people prefer at the front page of the site, so which forum is more user friendly at http://www.footydebate.com. Either I can leave it as it is now OR I can change it to the forum you can see at http://www.footydebate.com/community The difference is that the one at …./community shows all posts in all topics. Or do you prefer the club sites to be kept separate from the general site?

Let me know please by selecting one of the below

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Editor.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Looking pretty unanimous so far. That will be the next change then but for now you can obviously reach that forum at footydebate.com/community alternatively by the All Topics tab on the drop down menu under Home

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Now changed. The home button and footydebate.com will now show all the topics from each different forum

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

I’ll throw my two cents in here. At the moment the site is still small so there aren’t loads of threads. This isn’t a criticism of Liverpool fans but if you look at the Liverpool page on TT there are so many topics with thousands of comments. If you have that on the main page here it will dwarf any general football chat. At the moment isnt it an issue but you can already see how it’s beginning to look. Once the site grows it will be tough to have general football chats as the threads will just move further down the pages.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Completely agree Pax. If the site grows to the level where that becomes a problem, I think it will have to change back. The club sites should ideally be places where the fans of that club can discuss things about their club without other fans jumping in and spoiling their site. It needs to be a place where you can slag off rival fans if you want. The current setup is not ideal for that.

For now, this setup just helps the forum look more full than the other way, which I hope helps encourage those visiting the site to sign up and post. My worry with the old set up at this early stage is that fans won’t find the club sites.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

I’ve only been aware of this site’s existence over the last 48 hours and that’s purely because of the new season and everything as I haven’t been too bothered about football or going on message boards, so not aware of interface layouts, but I wholeheartedly back you Ed on the assertion of how individual club boards should be developed and managed particularly without interventions of other sets of supporters.

I can try and empathize with the Paxton, but unfortunately (for some), it’s the luck of the draw in relation to how many have subscribed to the site that follow ‘A’ particular team.

Unless awareness grows over the course of time, then the likelihood of the demographics is going to contain United, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool.

Teamtalk now looks like a redundant site – ghost-town and like a closing down sale especially when you consider the point of time in a brand new season. Hopefully, time and investment will be dedicated to this site which I echo on my comments yesterday to say it’s absolutely impressive.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.