Home Community Non-Football More than just a pet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    D1rtyH4rry
    Participant

Morning folks. I wanted to share something close to my heart because I am really struggling to process my emotions at the moment.

January last year my wife and I lost our Boxer dog to a heart attack, it was very sudden and traumatic. His name was Vinny, and he was the naughtiest dog in the world, but oh so loveable. Vinny also left behind his Flat Coated Retriever buddy Archie, who was the goodest boy in the world. Archie was diagnosed with an Osteosarcoma a week after Vinny passed. On Thursday last week we had to make the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make, and I still feel so empty inside. I’ve never had to call time on a life before, and I fear it’s broken me a little.

I’m sorry if this is a bit heavy or inappropriate for here, but I just wanted to share my grief, in the hope that it helps me to process it all a bit better.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

D/H,

Very sorry about the loss of both your Pet Dogs. I’ve never been a Pet owner myself, but my aunt years ago had a Cat named Lucy. In the 90s, she was tragically hit by a car. It’s obviously a long time now, but I have good and fond memories because she was like family. Naturally you will too and that’s something to keep hold of.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Harry, so sorry for your loses. I know exactly how you are feeling my friend because I’ve been where you are myself and my heart goes out to you.

As the title of your thread rightly says they are “more than just a pet” because they become an integral part of the family.

I truly hope that in laying your feelings down on here that it has helped you in some small way and as the grief at the loss of both Vinny and Archie begins to ease you can look back on all the great times you shared with them and embrace the happy memories. Take care buddie 9’s.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          D1rtyH4rry
          Participant

I appreciate the support fellas, I really do. It’s not my first time losing a pet, but it is the first time I’ve been the decision maker. I’m sure I will make sense of it all in time. Atm I just feel like such a traitor, despite being told its the most selfless thing you can do.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            D1rtyH4rry
            Participant

I now I feel like a dick for using the word pet.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

“Atm I just feel like such a traitor, despite being told its the most selfless thing you can do.”

Harry, I can understand where you’re coming from my wife and I went through exactly the same thing together as you with our previous much loved Golden Retriever but don’t beat yourself up about it you did what you had to do because of your love of Archie and because it was the best thing for him just as we did for our previous Golden Retriever.

But I know nothing makes it any easier.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Rover
                Participant

Heartbreaking to see civilised people running for the hills with their dogs and cats in their arms, how would any of us feel if our country our home our family our friends and our beloved animals are being blasted and overun by hordes of savages, it’s too depressing to watch. I wish that vile creature putin could just die. Many decent Russians wish that too.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Never had the experience of owning either a Dog or Cat, but love them. Children’s Television programmes/films, like Benji, Lassie and The Littlest Hobo 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.