Home Community General Football Midweek Football – Gameweek 13

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

A Full Programme of Premier League Games from This Tuesday through to Thursday which means an extra Gameweek and Fantasy Football.

The Deadline will be Tuesday 16:30 to get the Entries in.

The way the current League Table is shaped means effectively every game is worth the focus.

Chelsea and Man City are in action from Tuesday playing Wolves and West Brom respectively.

An opportunity for Teams now to start racking up points in the run up to Xmas and the New Year as it’s all about the Premier League

🙂

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

I don’t think we’re going to have enough about us to beat Spurs. We just looked knackered against Fulham. It’s at Anfield, so maybe the crowd can light a fire under them but we’re thinner and thinner with every game. Matip being out now weakens what was actually a really good emergency CB pairing. On the plus side, Trent has another match behind him now, so he should be fully fit. It would be great if we got a few players back to fitness because it’s clear that we’ve got to rotate as many players as we can. Bringing in Origi isnt going to do it because the player coming in has got to be up to the job and as awesome as Origi will always be for those incredibly important goals, he’s not near what we need now. Similar goes for others but without the glory.

I had reservations before the Leicester match and they proved to be well wide of the mark, I hope the same for this match also. It’s Jose though, I don’t think Klopp has a very good record against him but I cant remember TBH.

Fatigue and injuries aside, it is awesome to have the PL coming thick and fast. That’s my own selfish greed, it’s definitely not for the good of the team. I just hope they can soldier on through it better than the rest.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

5 PL games in circa 17 days over Christmas means it will be all about the squads and who copes the best with such an intense fixture list.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

I guess the games are mounting up now for many clubs, in one sense, I say to myself that they are professional athletes, well looked after and should be fit to do two games a week. In time gone, there used to be a week to prepare, no longer available but then i guess they would have used 5 days training every day, which begs the question, as a player, would you rather play two games a week or one game and just train? I have a feeling that many would want to play two, if they could but then there is always players who want to play one or if they play two just ghost it…Good managers will sort that quickly I think. I rather like two games a week now from a spectator point of view either watching or listening. but nothing replaces a Saturday 3 pm kick off for me, the build up of the day and home for a good meal

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            threeps
            Participant

It’s not about them being professional athletes, I am sure they could play 5 games a day in they wanted to, it’s about maintaining the ultra high standard that’s the problem. Instead of playing at 100% they might need to play at 80 or 70 and we will all moan on how poor our game is. Or they try maintain their top level and get injured. Something has to give.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

threeps…I still do not understand why 2 games a week should comprimise standards, maybe playing it consistently over a long period, particularly in our weather, may have an effect but they should be able to manage two games a week at a high standard, or a lot of money be paid for under performing. This is a squad game now as well, rotation becomes a necessity rather than desirable

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Brian, I think the problems this season have been exasperated by the short Summer break no pre season and cramming so many games in including internationals into a more compact period, to date the teams competing in Europe have been playing 3 games a week already.

The Christmas fixtures have always been challenging which this season work out at a little over a game every three days as I said in my previous post and you have reiterated Clubs are going to have to utilise their squads to manage their way through it and we could we’ll see further injuries.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Wolves seem to me missing their focal point in Jimenez last few games

Chelsea shoujd be to strong for them

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

TBH Sean, I think Wolves have been missing the lads they sold in the summer. Of course they are missing Jimenez, I think he finished as the PL’s highest input to goals last season (goals + assists etc)? if not it was close.

An ambitious team should never sell several key players in a single transfer window. yes, I think we’ll see a reaction from Chelsea, who will beat them soundly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Expect SU to get their 1st win of the season,but really looking forward to the Pool vs Spuds game.Southampton vs Arse should also be very interesting.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Mav, when you gonna become a Liverpool supporter mate? I see you as a lover of the game, first. Maybe this is more pronounce due to Utds lack of a cohesive path forward but the amount of times you are either crediting Liverpool or backing them to win is pretty noteworthy.

I wonder what things would be like with the show on the other foot. Would I appreciate Klopp doing this at Utd, as much as you do here? I don’t think so but I guess that would also mean that we’d never have won the PL and the recent CL win and previous final would also not have happened… so, ya it would be hard coming from a position where we hadn’t experienced (in my time) this kind of wild success, where-as you did for such an extended time under Fergie. So maybe thats it? You’re seeing what you were used to before.

anyway I hope none of that comes across as sarcastic, it isnt. Once you lads get rid of Woodward, things will get better. Really you need to get a petition to remove him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

hahah having a great laugh off Jose naming all the Liverpool players who are not injured. Some of the players he’s named are just back from injury and the thing is, right after them is almost nothing now, because of the injuries.

I have to say, I do like Jose, until he starts getting really bitter… then I absolutely loath him. This stuff is funny though, he’s a character.

I would say that he almost has a point, in that our first 11 (if Matip is fit), is actually quite strong. Some of them have played too many matches and its showing but on paper, its very good.

To be missing even just Van Dijk, Thiago and Jota now though is massive. It’s incredible how fast jota has become so important top us and you’d say “you won the PL without him last season” but last season we werent playing so many games that our front 3 were looking sluggish. Jota offered rotation without a huge dip in quality. We’ve lost that now and our tired front 3 will just have to dig deep. Luckily of course we did get to rotate a bit in the last few weeks, so…

why is nobody talking about the Chelsea match thats going on as we speak btw?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

I really dont like to see that shot Kovacic did a while ago. It really shows that you’re out of ideas. he should have tried to develop play instead of taking a stupid shot and just giving away possession.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

I;’m not sure that was a penalty… need tos ee again but light contact… outside maybe? I dunno lads..

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

ah ya thats nothing. that is not a penalty 100%

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

No way he looks at th emonitor and gives this. No chance.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Mak-Not taking it as sarcastic @ all,m8,but its rather the game itself and not just Liverpool.Its top of the table clash and Spurs are also playing really well.As for predictions,got em both terribly wrng during the wknd just gone,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

I think we all did TBH but ya man, I didnt mention Spurs because your admiration is an on going thing but ya, Spurs are a proper project now. Im seriously concerned about this match.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Im so glad the ref didnt give that peno. any contact was absolutely minimal and it gets to me that its really becoming a non-contact sport.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Don’t take this the wrong way and feel free to remember this and fire it back in my face if things change but… I’m glad that Liverpool didnt get Werner.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 213 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.